Anonymous
Years ago

Crocs Josh Pace done for DUI

Just saw a news headline that Josh Pace got Done for Dui and have been stood down for this week game

Topic #33768 | Report this topic

Mick  
Years ago

Good luck getting around Townsville without a driver's license. Hope he lives near the practise facility...

Reply #458613 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is he expected back week after? DT finals are on the horizon haha

Reply #458641 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Any link?

It's always good to learn from other people's mistakes.

Reply #458647 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Just google Josh Pace drink driving.

Reply #458663 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

I know it happens everywhere in sports, but I don't see drinking alcohol as acceptable for professional athletes midseason, regardless of what league they're playing in.

They're meant to be keeping their bodies in the best possible condition.

Reply #458666 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

got it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAxU7UqYHJs

Unless you're David Boon, with all the sports science these days professional players tend to lay off that stuff during the season, but boy, come Mad Monday . ..

Reply #458670 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

It is actually common (or more so than you'd think) in major Australian sports leagues.

Reply #458673 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There's nothing wrong with a quiet drink here and there, but if he was getting hammered midweek that's a different story.

Reply #458699 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just like Mike!!!!

Reply #458705 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

$20 bucks says he was driving home from the Madcow!

Reply #458707 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

If he was double the limit he must of had a skinful!!!Whats the Madcow?

Reply #458711 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Madcow! It's only the sickest club in town brooo. Enough uni students to keep you feeling young and anything goes. What a wild time bro!! The place to be of a Saturday night that's for sure!

Reply #458719 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

I don't have a problem with a quiet drink mid-season but as Happy Days said, to blow 0.10 that's really unacceptable!

Have Townsville had any DUI players before? I remember Cairns sacked their import a few seasons ago, and Cattalini also got done a few years before that..?

Reply #458724 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

community owned club - he should get the chop !!

Reply #458725 | Report this post

Silencer83  
Years ago

Galen Young was done for DUI while playing for Townsville.

Reply #458730 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Arizona Reid in the 2010/11 preseason (they subsequently got Dorsey and made it to the grand final), Cattalini Dwayne Vale in 2008.

Reply #458735 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Can is visa be revoked because of this?

I know Rashad Tucker got a DUI in NZ as well.
Cant go back there as he will be arrested on entry.

This is a different story but does anyone know..

Reply #458738 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

What we are also forgetting is that he was involved in an accident for which i gather was in a club owned car which probably isnt covered by insurance as the occupant was over the legal limit.Correct me if im wrong???

Reply #458740 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

There's an article written about it now, apparently Ben Allen and Michael Ceader have also been done for DUI in the past. Further details to be released of whats happening to Pace at midday.

Reply #458741 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

Alcohol slows your reaction time. Is that possible for Ben Allen?

Reply #458744 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

http://www.townsvillebulletin.com.au/news/townsville-crocodiles-import-josh-pace-charged-with-drink-driving/story-fnjfzs4b-1226833450024

Could be nothing, but if you read between the lines, it isn't Pace first misdemeanor this season.

Reply #458745 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Its not like he was just over.

He crashed into a set of goddamn traffic lights.

Reply #458757 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it was pooring rain at the time of the crash - the alcohol level have been misreported

townsville have covered up a few dui's in the past including homicide - they had a dp assigned to driving him everywhere

i think i saw on twitter that there is a media conference today, anyone know what time?

Reply #458785 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

by the way - the rain was not an excuse for crashing a car whilst drunk! idiot move! local news last night stated a higher reading than the actual level too

Reply #458792 | Report this post

mowom  
Years ago

TV said .107 I heard. Local newspaper online says;Pace has been charged with blowing 0.102 — more than twice the legal blood-alcohol limit — and is due to face Townsville Magistrates Court on March 19.

Reply #458796 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Was a half decent player to watch too. Such a silly move, had been trying to get an NBL gig for awahile and this is how he utilizes the oppourtunity!?

Reply #458809 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Suspended by Crocs for 3 games.

Reply #458846 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

had been trying to get an NBL gig for awahile and this is how he utilizes the oppourtunity!?

This is what I don't understand about some sports people... I know they work hard, but you have all this talent (some more than others) and you do something like this? really stupid... I keep going back to not being just over, but WELL over... Disappointing for his teammates and the fans...

Reply #458857 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does this hurt the chances of Pace getting a gig next season?

I hope it doesnt hurt his chances as i am a fan of his game, he also seems to be a fairly good team player too, his game and jump shot just a little unorthodox for some, but i think he is quite effective. But not quite a 'marquee' import at the same time.

Is he playing in NZ in the off season?

Reply #458867 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

He's very effective in an unorthodox way (post player who plays the 2...very rare), but his inability to stretch the floor leaves the offense without a sense of symmetry, so wouldn't be the end of the world to see him go. When you're starting Mitch Norton (can't shoot), Josh Pace (can't shoot), Peter Crawford (only shooter in starting 5), Jacob Holmes (can't shoot), Brian Conklin (can't shoot), you are gonna find it hard to keep up in this league.

Reply #458881 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

True re the shooting, especially in the line up, still has worked ok imo, i dont think Paces lack of 3pt shot has been the Crocs biggest issue, if they had someone even like Neville or Schenscher instead of say Hinder they would be quite strong imo.

I still hope he stays in the league, another club?

Adelaide could do worse than sign him in Fryes spot i reckon, he is a 49%FG and 82% FT shooter, so much more efficient than Frye, whilst still being a 6'5 athletic, versatile player, who works hard on both ends. But they also could have the issue of not many good shooters on their team like the Crocs.

Anyway hope he gets through this and finishes the season strong (without any further incidents) and the Crocs finnish strong, always not minded the Crocs they have often had a fav of mine on their team ie Rose, Mackinnon, Rillie, Schenscher, Ervin

Reply #458888 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Townsville have shown when they play smart defence they can compete with anyone in the league, I think they have things reasonably well worked out offensively.

Signing Daniel Kickert to replace Hinder next year would put them in great shape, but Im not sure how feasible that is.

Reply #458908 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Signing the traffic light pole that Pace crashed in to would be better than Hinder.

Reply #458909 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

At least it'd provide some toughness in the paint

Reply #458910 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Stop! You cannot get into the paint until I turn green.

Reply #458911 | Report this post

Vodka63  
Years ago

And it has proven it can take a charge without flopping

Reply #458912 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:44 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754