Kris
Years ago

Blake Griffin showing the haters

never was just a "dunker"
but his improved post game and mid range jumper have made him nigh unstoppable.

last few games when Blake runs the offense in transition his passing skills are slowly making the defense think of what kick outs he can facilitate aswell as trying to guard the poster.

I can see BG being up there in MVP talks in the coming seasons.

The Clippers always needed BG to be the best player on the team to make a deep playoffs run and have a chance at a championship.

happy days ahead for LAC fans.

Topic #33771 | Report this topic

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

I love these 'proved you wrong' threads.

You're right about him needing to be the best player in the playoffs, because they have absolutely no one to battle on the block. His passing, free throw shooting and extended range also help.

As good as he is in transition, he's the team's best weapon in the halfcourt.

Reply #458717 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

This should have been where Steven Adams was drafted to. I know he is doing great at the Thunder, but he may have got more time at the Clippers and would have been a good fit IMO...

Reply #458750 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

If I were Adams, I wouldn't sacrifice my position for the world. He's in a legitimate title contender (when you really get serious, LAC won't feature), he seemingly has great supportive and developmental help at OKC and he will only have to wait two years max before he is the main man in the middle.

I don't know it makes much sense amnestying Perkins though, considering the soft cap (how much does OKC care about that?). But maybe Adams makes a quantum leap and they do flick Perkins at season's end?

Reply #458774 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"haters" has to be one of the most moronic terms used by basketball fans.

Reply #458797 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Agree, Steve Adams should stay where he is now, also agree Perkins is probably going to be holding him back in the short term if he stays and takes starting court time.

Just making a comment based on the OP's topic about Blake Griffin and how he plays now, related to the perception that he is also the best option at 5 for LAC, but would not change things now for sure...

Reply #458802 | Report this post

Kris  
Years ago

showing the "doubters" then....
jeez happy now mate.

i might be bias in my opinion towards the clippers as i am a long time fan.

but if you watch any of there games they are capable of playing good basketball in the playoffs.

theres snip its of half court offense which show this.

CP3 to me is not what will carry us in the playoffs its Blake and our shooters, If JJ can get healthy then JCrossover can come off the bench which is what we need.

also, Jared Dudley needs to start hitting shots whether he is starting or coming off the bench.

as much as Blakes game is at a level it needs to be to make a deep playoff run possibly west conference champs.

it will mean nothing if our shooters arent hitting those open looks....

Reply #458811 | Report this post

Kris  
Years ago

Reply #458812 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hi. I'm just one anon agreeing with another anon about how stupid people sound when they use the term "haters". I always know I'm in for a good read when I hear it.

Reply #458815 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Perkins has already proved he can't even play at all against Miami if OKC wants to win (finally Brooks realised this last time they played). Perkins may find himself with a handful DNPs come playoff time. Adams is in such a good position to be successful.

Reply #458827 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Also: back to the OP...Griffin has to keep this going if they want to win a title. You can't win a championship with a ball-dominant point guard like Chris Paul. The less he has the ball in his hands the better. It's pretty tough to win a championship with anyone holding the ball that much, regardless of position.

Unfortunately LAC are not contenders, but it's good to see a guy put it all together. Now if they could only play defense...

Reply #458828 | Report this post

Kris  
Years ago

anons offended by the word haters.
just sharing a view mate. :) haters haters haters gonna hate.
:) :)

Reply #458862 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Ironically, anon is the hater here -- hating on the word hater; a widely accepted pop culture term that is universally accepted and understood.

Someone should do up a meme with that Asian guy from the History channel. "Anons"

Reply #458872 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:58 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754