Rashad
Years ago

Round 19 - Perth Wildcats v Melbourne Tigers

Live on NBL TV at 7pm (WST), replay on tomorrow on channel 10 @ 2pm.

Expecting a firey game. Tipping the wildcats by 11. Who you got?

Topic #33780 | Report this topic

Steven  
Years ago

Perth by 9. Also expect Cairns to beat Sydney and NZ to beat Hawks tonight

Reply #458902 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

If we drop both home games against Melbourne I can't even begin to describe how irritable I will be.

Reply #458905 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Floppy will be in fine form. Tigers to get the W

Reply #458913 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

^ I suppose I have to agree that if Wortho and Goulding are in fine form, the Tigers may get the W.

Hopefully we see a rehash of Wildcats @ Tigers instead.

Reply #458918 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hopefully the wildcats make like some native American currency and wamp 'em

Reply #458927 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

At quarter time cats up 25-17

Reply #458963 | Report this post

Red Army  
Years ago

The Wildcats heritage uniform looks horrible.

Reply #458964 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

At the half tigers up 47-46 with a three pointer on the buzzer

Reply #458967 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

Tigers are doing well to hang there. Similar game to the last time they were here. Could be another upset. Farrakhan is on fire and ennis is having a quiet game. Marto leading scorers with 14 and is keeping the cats in it

Reply #458970 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Be honest, who thought Farrakhan would become Melbourne's most consistent scorer? Not me.

Reply #458971 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

Me either.. hes been impressive tonight

Reply #458972 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

Heat check by martyn just drained another three to start the third term.. has 17 points now

Reply #458973 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

The similarities between the style/games of Goulding and Alexey Shved is inbelievable.

Reply #458975 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Unbelievable*

Reply #458976 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

^Dat shooting stroke is identical aye.

I cannot believe what Damo is doing tonight!

Reply #458977 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

Damo is great but his team mates are cold! Tigers not doing anything special just sticking to a plan and playing good D. Wortho just drew a charge on beal. Cats look in disarray :/

Reply #458979 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

At three quarter time cats up 64-61

Reply #458981 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

Walker massive dunk!!! Goulding and ennis getting stuck into each other the ref calls a double foul against both of them. Will goulding really expect a hand shake again?

Reply #458982 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Well his team will win so I don't think Ennis will be a bitch.

Reply #458983 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Nice to see the Tigers handling some pretty poor home cooking with a lot more class than they have in the past. They played a lot better tonight than the past couple, but they wont win games with Goulding missing open shots all night.

Reply #458984 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Home cooking? In Perth? Never!

Reply #458985 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

Cats win 87-75. They turned the screws and went on 11-0 run started hitting a few shots and knight was important on the boards. Farrakhan should have played more minutes. Unfortunately nothing worthy post game to mention

Reply #458986 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

So that game includes the following prolific scorers, all of whom can and have gone off for big points on any given night:
Goulding
Ennis
Beal
Wortho
Redhage
Knight
Wagstaff
Farrakhan (didn't see that coming)

So out of all these high-octane players, who tops the scoring?

Damien "DPOY of Eternity" Martin

The mind boggles as to what odds you could have gotten for that.

Reply #458988 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Ennis and Goulding combined scored less than Martin.

Reply #458996 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Martin was unbelievable, Andrej Lemanis must have been in the crowd!

When Damo is aggressive early in the offence the Wildcats are a different team, that was a key Beveridge was able to get out of him and he took it to a new level last night.

Was a super game, in the end Perth hit the shots and Melbourne didnt, but the Tigers would be have happy to have got their effort and D back on track.

That probably locks up first for Perth, while Melbourne are now the team being targeted for fourth. They must beat Townsville at HA next week.

Reply #459024 | Report this post

Wildcats80  
Years ago

Well honestly I have never rated anstey as a coach at all. He uses. Time out early in the first down 8-2 that's fine, yet for some reason, 50 seconds in the 2nd qtr, uses a. Time out when scores are level, why on earth do that. Cats went on a run in the 2nd qtr and he had no time outs lefts.

Also, anyone know who those 4 blokes are on the tigers bench, they seem to be there each game, were there last cats game in perth, don't seem like anyone apart from supporters. No they aren't players.

Ps watch. Macmillan, I swear, he deserves cheerleading award, he did the same last time in perth and notice it on tv, just above every time tigers score, gets his towel. No waves it over his head, funny stuff.

Reply #459027 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The bald guy on the end of the bench is one of the Dodo owners. He sits there to micro manage Anstey. A head coach with any influence would never have their owner there. Apparently was a big reason they didn't keep Gleeson. He wouldn't allow it.

Reply #459054 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

I never want to see uniforms like that, ever again!!!

Reply #459060 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

The colour clash was a bit hard on the eyes. I didnt mind the Cats uniform on its own, despite questioning why they would pick a 94 jersey (crap year), but combined with the Tigers jersey that was similar in colour and boxiness, it wasnt the best heritage jersey combo going around.

Im just happy Perth won the game. That looked like a real tough slog.

Reply #459061 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Who's the female expert/analysis commentator?

Reply #459062 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

I recall reading the Mel Marsh, retired West Coast Waves player was doing some commentary.

Reply #459067 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I had it on mute but looked a bit like Penny Taylor?

Reply #459068 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Somebody picked up the wrong outfit for the Cats by mistake.... They were supposed to be for the Cats kids Christmas Party - Theme Superheros, Wrestlers and Weightlifters !!!!!!! Really needed a good laugh this week and I certainly got one watching Andre the Giant straight out of the 80's Sunday Arvo Wrestling back in the day Aka Matty Knight.... It is heritage week after all. What would have made it totally Authentic was if they were wearing those last weak during the Biff !!! Gold Cats, Gold....

Anyone for some more Wrestling look likes in the NBL....

Reply #459072 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Mel Marsh was indeed the commentator.

How hard is it to coordinate uniforms? Too much yellow for my eyes to handle!

Reply #459073 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

The black and white uniforms from 90/91 would have been good for Perth imo

Reply #459076 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Did anyone else think the Wildcats uniform looked like a black mankini over yellow shorts?

Reply #459077 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Once it crosses your mind that the wildcats are wearing a black leotard, you can't unsee it.

Reply #459078 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Snap, Wilson. Yes I thought the same.

Reply #459079 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

I really thought the Cats should have changed their theme song to Lets get Physical by ONJ to go with the leotards... At least Wagstaff had his headband on to match.... We did see their body talk though...mmmmmm

Reply #459086 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

"The black and white uniforms from 90/91 would have been good for Perth imo"
They wore the '89 uniforms two years ago, which were basically the same.

Reply #459097 | Report this post

Rashad  
Years ago

Wish they went to what they wore back in 95 when they were the "coke" wildcats. loved that logo, loved those jerseys.

Reply #459104 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whoever said the Cats wore black and gold because of Swan has no idea. Black and gold are the WA state colours. A shame they changed but Coke wanted their colours. Although after Coke bailed I believe the club should have returned to the traditional state colours not red which means nothing and has no history.

Reply #459123 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

"Wish they went to what they wore back in 95 when they were the "coke" wildcats. loved that logo, loved those jerseys."
1999 would work better, given that they won't have Coke back on board.

Reply #459135 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

Yes i also preferred their original black strip to the red. Agreed that it would have more significance being the wa colours also

Reply #459143 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:25 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754