Wookiee
Years ago

Sydney Kings at Cairns Taipans (Rnd 19)

Currently half way through the 3rd quarter, AJ on 4 fouls, refs calling soft fouls on both teams, but Kings up 14... Match Centre seems to have crapped itself however... Typical...

Bit of a momentum shift towards Cairns though, making a few more shots with AJ on the bench... Both teams going very small...

Topic #33784 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Chris Kendall from ABC-TV's SANFL commentary team calling the game up there with Matt Smith.

Reply #458953 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Also to note... About the third time since I've been watching (start of 2nd quarter) that Young hasn't bothered to join the huddle... Garlepp didn't look to happy on that last one...

Players need to adjust to the refs calling it tighter... Loughton picking up some cheapy fouls, same with Hill...

Reply #458954 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cairns whacked

Reply #458960 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

One of the worst 'pans performances I've ever seen. I 'd had enough by the end of the 3rd quarter and (like quite a few people) went home..

Reply #458965 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

I stayed but only to watch the little kid do his cool backflips. Nothing apart from a nice Sam Young dunk worth watching in the game. Even Ben Allen and Gleeson got some minutes (and points).

Reply #458966 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Are they burning effigies of the coach yet?

Reply #458969 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

It's pretty clear heads need to roll. I read this crap in the Cairns Post this morning about how the team is fine and they don't need to be sacking people, they just need continuity.

See, that's the thing. The snakes were literally at the same level in round 1 last season. They have not improved. Wilson hasn't in three years gotten us to the playoffs even though we've had killer rosters. Fearne cannot get these guys amped for a game. I said it at the start of the season...since about mid season in year after we made the grand final in actual fact.

Surely it'll be out for Fearne on the third strike.

Reply #458974 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

Fearney will do another year. Team's on a shoestring, cashflow's limited (and will get far worse as the crowds taper off as they're now effectively out of playoff contention). The whole enterprise pretty much survives month-to-month. They can't afford to sack him as they'll have to pay him out, only chance of getting rid of him is if he walks.

Reply #458978 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

So his contract ends at the end of next season?

Reply #458980 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If I were the Taipans young blokes (Young, Gliddon, Steindl) I'd be getting out of Cairns as soon as my contract was up. No use staying with a team and ending up losing most games year after year.

Reply #458990 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

http://www.sportando.net/eng/world/oceania/74469/jesse-sanders-signs-back-with-sydney-kings.html

HEEEEEEE'S BAAAAAACK

Reply #458993 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

A payout doesn't mean they have to pay out his whole contract, just a mutually agreed sum. And in the NBL that sum generally isn't that much.

He's starting to tangibly affect their bottom line here.

He has to go. You'll make up for it with $$$ at the gate if the new bloke can get them playing the right way.

Reply #459033 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

You're right about him affecting the bottom line.

When we were shit and still losing, we still had crowds because they could sense we were trying to make a go of it. Nowadays we aren't. Crowds can sense that.

Reply #459037 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Exactly. It's a hard sell to fans to say "we arguably have a top 3 team in terms of shear talent on paper, but we aren't gonna be playing in the postseason, and haven't done so for 3 years".

Cairns fans bag out Townsville for not coming along to support the Crocs, but remember that Townsville has been in the league for 7 or so years longer. That honeymoon period doesn't last forever. And guess what? Townsville's crowds started dipping dramatically exactly about 7 years ago.

If you're in a small market you have to make sure your teams play hard or you will lose your public and it's harder than you think to get them back.

Reply #459042 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Don't you mean sheer?

Reply #459045 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

About the time when Jupiters sold the carpark to developers.

Reply #459046 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

No i mean the sideways, coplanar force of the talent on the roster.

Reply #459048 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Fuck I never looked at their roster that way before.

Reply #459049 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

On another note, good to hear a different voice in commentary, Chris Kendall calls the footy in Adelaide on ABC and thought he adapted pretty well to basketball.

Reply #459064 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon, I mentioned that in the first post after the OP, Kendall also used to co-host a basketball show on a local radio station here and Boti Nagy was a weekly guest on the show. About 3-4 years ago and was mainly NBL but some NBA too.

Reply #459065 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Crowd was about 3600 and you can't blame them for not turning up. Even those that did turn up (including me) didn't care. Wish I didn't buy season tickets...

Reply #459074 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kendall sounded like a Kiwi to me.

Taipans pathetic performance yet again. How can they continue night after night at home serve this sort of crap up. On the road they play better, wtf.

Also Heal gets lucky again in clinging onto a playoff spot getting to play the insipid Taipans in their most insipid performance yet.

Reply #459110 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pathetic by Sydney not having a heritage jersey. They didn't against Cairns so I thought they were saving it for the Townsville game but nope they don't have one. They should be fined by the league for not cooperating.

Breakers also no heritage jersey vs Hawks but I expect them to wear one vs Sixers tomorrow.

Reply #459120 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

"They didn't against Cairns so I thought they were saving it for the Townsville game but nope they don't have one."
They do, they're wearing it.

"Breakers also no heritage jersey vs Hawks but I expect them to wear one vs Sixers tomorrow."
They won't, it's been announced.

Reply #459136 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hard to tell with how pixelated NBL.TV has been tonight.

Reply #459141 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The singlets have been produced and worn apparently.
http://www.sydneykings.com/article/id/qmywo2y9eaij16spssbqsc42p
Another anonymous got it wrong it seems ;)

Reply #459150 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Yeah i think people just didn't notice it because it's so similar to their modern jersey...

Reply #459191 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah it was a pretty lame attempt at a retro jersey

Reply #459217 | Report this post

Agent Orange  
Years ago

Statsheet Stuffer - I stand by what I wrote mate, apart from the part of Shane Heal being a Hobbit. Take the column with a grain of salt.

I don't think the answer is in sacking everyone. Clearly having 2 import guards didn't work, clearly the injuries have affected it all, clearly Friday's game was one of the worst performance's in the last couple of seasons.

Strangely enough this season has also included a couple of the best Taipans performances I've ever seen too - especially that game against Perth. Alot of the problems i've seen are execution on court; turnovers, missing d rotations and no composure in the clutch.

The coaching issue is a subject that needs to be discussed - my opinion is that we stick with Fearne. He's got another year on his contract, sacking him means you have to pay that out and then have to find someone else to 1) do it for the money Fearne is doing it for 2) finding the money to pay them.

I'm not a fan though of knifing people mid-season. I've not seen a team sack their coach mid season and then end up with a better record than they were on track for.

Let's also remember that while the roster 'looks good on paper' it's still only using 80% of the salary cap.

Reply #459244 | Report this post

Agent Orange  
Years ago

p.s. when Fearne was re-signed we'd just missed the playoffs by 3 points on count back and had made it to the GF the previous year. So he wasn't offered a contract for his good looks and sparkling personality - it was a decision made on merit.

Reply #459245 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Fearne and his coaching team made a decision they couldnt keep playing that previous style and win a championship.

They wanted to get more scoring options, obviously, but perhaps more importantly decided they wanted to do better in the possession game by attacking the o-boards.

From that came a hybrid system between his old D and the new aggressive focus offensively and Fearne hasnt quite found a way for that to work.

I think he needs to got a bit back towards his previous style which pretty much always meant they put up a fight.

With the greater depth and more offensive talent they will out up scores, it's been stopping other teams that's been the biggest problem.

Fearne can coach, but he needs to revise his plan this off-season, and I dont think they can have both Loughton and Tragardh in the one frontcourt. I like both players, but they need to replace one of them with a mobile athlete.

Reply #459248 | Report this post

Agent Orange  
Years ago

i think that's a fair opinion Paul. Fight and grind isn't the greatest spectacle (and many sideline coaches criticized him for that) but winning makes up for all that.

Tragadhs got one more season, but I think Alex is off contract. Honestly i think we'd played our best when going small with either Loughton or Tragardh on the court at 5.

Reply #459253 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And they need an upgrade on Wilson and possibly McCamey.

Reply #459254 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Fearne's old style used to put up some pretty big numbers, they just had other night where they ground it out. I think that's a good trait to have as a team.

They need to play solid halfcourt D from early in the shot clock and then propel their offence from that. A really mobile athletic PF will help them do that and I think they already have good enough perimeter players.

Reply #459257 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Agent orange, simple question and something that is a large part of the issue: why don't Taipans players try hard?

"Clearly having two import guards didn't work" Yeah intentions were right, but with the development Gliddon showed throughout last season and with the national team in the offseason, why the hell would you restrict his development? There was always a gaping hole in our defense and athleticism, as Paul points out. Having the ability to lock down the middle after previously having nothing is much more important than improving an already okay playmaking backcourt. And it's Fearne who goes out and does recruiting, not the GM Beecroft or anything like that. Getting McCamey in as another playmaker is almost redundant because of the opportunities Wilson and Gliddon might've had. Do you understand the concept of opportunity cost? By no means am I vindicating Wilson and McCamey, because they haven't near met expectations, this you have to admit.

"Clearly the club has suffered with injury" That's why people were asking the question whether the team is better without Trigger. But I will say that the absence of Longton has probably. Oh yeah Crosswhite was out injured for a little while a few years back. Oh and the powerhouse Dusty Richart missed some action too.

"Clearly Friday's game was one of the worst performance's in the last couple of seasons." Yeah it was...right when we needed it. It's a recurring pattern of the last three seasons. Not just a lack of execution when it matters, but a lack of effort. With the way you said it, it seems you're trying to pass Friday's game as a one off.

"Strangely enough this season has also included a couple of the best Taipans performances I've ever seen too" It is quite strange. Strange that we have so much going for us that we can indeed beat the Perths and Adelaides of the world yet trounced by the worst teams in the league. Very strange. One could put that down to, again, effort. Who's responsibility is it for the team to not get too high on wins and not too low on losses? To keep energy at a consistently high level? It's the guy who's sending them into battle--the 'leader'.

Yeah we have been terrible in the clutch, yet have had more than enough cattle to do so. Is that coincidence? Bad coaching? Do we say Vickerman is a bad coach because his teams have lost so many tight ones? I don't know. As outsiders, it's impossible to tell. But why have we come up short in almost every instance we had to succeed in the past three years? Be it important individual games or overall ladder positioning. Is it that the guys aren't giving that extra 10% that is so we documented in all of sports? Again, I don't know.

I'm not a fan of knifing midseason either. But when your team has such a clear deficiency in that they don't get pumped up, I am not sure what else can be done if you're serious about success.

"Let's also remember that while the roster 'looks good on paper' it's still only using 80% of the salary cap." Redundant statement when you have the people on paper.

Speaking of Fearne's salary, is he taking a massive pay cut?

Reply #459262 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

So well documented*

Reply #459263 | Report this post

Agent Orange  
Years ago

1) I don't know mate, but with the exception of maybe 3 games this season they has been plenty of effort. Sometimes trying to hard which leads to dumb turnovers or dumb fouls.
2) I’m no economic theorist but yes, and we agree that the 2 import guard situation and it hasn’t met expectations. The only thing I can place that on is perhaps there were misgivings as to Wilson’s health and Bruce’s development - I don’t know. At times it looked like a masterstroke at others (esp when McCamey goes passive) it looks terrible.
3) ? 2 seasons ago when we missed on out the semi’s by 3 points both Crossy and Alex were gimped – but I’m talking about this season hombre. Missing Trigger causes their offense dramas when it comes to spacing and missing his 14 points a game doesn’t help. Don’t forget Gliddon missed a few games with his back, Jamar came into the season injured and Clint’s got back issues too.
4) I wouldn’t say it’s a reoccurring pattern of the last 3 years, I’d say it’s a reoccurring pattern of the last 3 losses. I’m not passing it off as a 1 off.
5) It’s not so much effort but execution, Fearne shares some of the blame sure, but not all of it. Getting away wins is hard, getting home wins should be easier – if you’re going to blame him for everything you should give him credit for something.
6) Sure we’ve had the cattle to do it, but have a look at our turnover stats with the game on the line, bad passes, sloppy ball handling. Again I’m not sure if it’s them not being able to give that extra 10% or if they are trying too hard. Some turnovers that come to mind are from trying to do too much and rushing things. Also, we’ve been guilty of some of the dumbest fouls at the worst times – can’t blame the coach for that. Is it a fear of failure at home?
7) At least we agree on the knifing. I don’t think you’re right when you say we’ve got a clear deficiency – we’ve started plenty of games at home this season with a lot of energy and perfect execution – only to come out in the 2nd half and get trounced.
8) I don’t think it’s a redundant statement, on paper teams do nothing. If I look at our team on paper I see lots of potential but a lot of that potential is mixed with limited experience. I also see defensive limitations and limited rim protection.
9) I have no idea what he’s on as far as $$ goes, but I know he’s at the bottom of the league when it comes to earning. Be that as it may, paying out his final year still saps $$.

Given the results this season this is a discussion to has to happen and everyone is entitled to their opinions – including a illiterate newspaper columnist. I’m not saying Fearne doesn’t have his flaws, I’m just saying it’s grossly inaccurate to blame him for everything.

And I disagree with any revisionist history that makes it sound like the past 3 years have been terrible (not that I’m accusing you of that), the club had a solid post saving season, a GF appearance and 2 solid seasons where we missed out on the semi’s on count back. This season the weight of expectation has exacerbated the issues and we’ve fallen short of most reasonable expectations.

Reply #459272 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

1) I think trying too hard and failing because of that could be confused with having the wrong gameplan. Again, no one can know for sure because it's all subjective. In the way of effort, yeah we have given effort, that's exactly right. But not for the full 40 each and every game. No where near it. We've definitely come out hard and such, but have eventually screwed it due to lack of consistent effort. Does a different person address the team prior to the game vs in the rooms at half time?
2) Surely Fearne was looking at Gliddon's offseason work when he had the ball in his hands. Gliddon should've been our fallback if Bruce didn't turn out (as was the case), leaving a second playmaking import spot redundant.
3) We had the rosters in all three years to easily make playoffs (you can make a case for the first Wilson year due to injury. I'll admit that was an unlucky year). No excuse these past two though. The thing is, we had guys stepping up in the absence of Trigger. Don't you remember people on this forum and maybe people in your circle who talk basketball wondering whether we are better without Trigger? It was because others were stepping up. Good point about Jamar, I wonder how hurt he actually was/is.
4) I would say it's a recurring pattern of the last three years (but mainly this year and last), you just have to look at our game logs for that time. Obviously when I say three years, it's inclusive of 2013/14.
5) I'm not blaming Fearne for everything. I've said on this site that the blame rests with Wilson and McCamey as well. Especially with late-game execution. Fearne's surely not an idiot though, you don't get to a GF for nothing.
6) Re: point 5, yeah it's definitely not the coach with the ball in his hands as the game clock winds down trying to make a play. It has seemed on the whole that at the death we have more or less given our guys the opportunity to do what's comfortable for them. Blame goes to the guys on court making decisions (Wilson, McCamey mainly). However, we get really stupid in our halfcourt sets sometimes. We have two decision makers on the floor, be it any combination of Wilson/McCamey/Gliddon, and we let Weigh and others make the decisions. Those points in our offense where we need to make a real decision, it is often the other guys making it. We start with a simple ball reversal or occasionally zipper action; something where anyone can find the next guy early in the offense. But when it's time to penetrate, dump it down low, call for a pick, the decision makers are not the guys brought in to do so. Case in point our home game vs Townsville the other week.
7) Yeah we do agree, it's kinda cruel. It's a wonder Jason Kidd didn't get the handshake seeing all the administrative problems he caused, not to mention the team's record. Especially considering the amount of money involved in that team haha. Exactly my point about the inconsistent effort, re: point 1.
8) Good point, however when you look at our guys and the sets we run, we should actually succeed. Just mix and match the roles of some of our players in the halfcourt and we're as perfect as you're going to get. We're both a very talented and balanced team except for, as you pointed out, the middle; where we decided to use our second import on a guard in lieu of a bigman defensive anchor like Crossy (funnily enough, the guy who took us to a GF). In the way of experience/inexperience, I feel we do have an adequate mix of both. Maybe Fearne did look at a big but was strapped for cash?
9) It does suck that we're a poor team (double entendre), although on paper I do not think we've suffered.

In reality, we had near the expectations last season as this season, so I do see it as pretty terrible. But we all have differences of opinion.

Don't call yourself illiterate even in jest, dude. I actually like your columns and admittedly was out of line by saying it was 'crap'. I was just appalled at the performance Friday night and needed to let off some steam. I actually like your writing; many people including myself would like to have half the analogies and anecdotes in their yearly bag than you put on paper in a month. Yeah I read your andthefoul stuff.

Reply #459285 | Report this post

Agent Orange  
Years ago

haha thanks mate, good to know that someone is reading it anyways! This weeks will be a difficult one.........

look I think you make very solid points (you're right I had a number of those 'are we better without Trig discussion) - it's obvious there have been missteps this season, but early with the pre-season success I think they entered the season happy with the 2 import guard set up. Obviously in hindsight they might do it different.

As for the defensive anchor, spot on - I think our perimeter D sags sometimes because we're worried about protecting the key, which is why teams kill us from 3 and we probably lead the league in and-1's given. Add that to the fact that we dont have a lock down defend like Bobo anymore.

We'll see how this season ends, they've still got 4 home games. For the sake of membership $$ for next season they've got to go balls out.

The board have a difficult off-season that's for sure....

But i've been thru worse seasons... which helps me sleep at night.... somewhat....

Reply #459288 | Report this post

Agent Orange  
Years ago

I will say this though, if they game was called the same it was in the pre-season I think we'd be sitting on that ladder differently.

After watching the Crocs game back last week I went and had a look at a couple pre-season games.... completely different.

Reply #459289 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Man it's a tough gig being a snakes supporter aye.
Question regarding your writing, how do you think of all those anecdotes/analogies? Does it come effortlessly or do you work on it?

Reply #459290 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Yeah, expected though. The refs didn't really know how to call certain things...still don't really. The way it is called definitely dictates the aggressiveness of a ball handler that's for sure.

Reply #459291 | Report this post

Agent Orange  
Years ago

Scotch and an over active imagination - that's all it takes brother.

Reply #459293 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Haha well I've never had scotch before...

*Sudden clarity Clarence... scotch is the key to being.

Reply #459294 | Report this post

Agent Orange  
Years ago

hahaha exactly.

Listen if Fearne gets sacked and we win a 'ship next year I'll buy you a bottle.

If we stick with Fearne and win the 'ship, well i'll just be happy saying I told you so:)

Reply #459297 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Hahaha fair enough, mate. Bottom line is the 'ship's in the bag next season!

Have a good night.

Reply #459300 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Taipans looking for a new coach.

Reply #459427 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no they are not.

Reply #459435 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My word they are. actively seeking

Reply #459481 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Sure, if the players don't perform on the court there's not much Fearne can do about that at the time. I just don't get his ill-timed substitutions (if you make more than one shot you get subbed off) and failure to call time-outs in the middle of an opposition 10 point run. Also, Loughton needs to cop some of the responsibility for turnovers, not just McCamey and Wilson. I don't understand why he keeps trying to do the backdoor hospital passes.

Reply #459484 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The board are doing no such thing! FACT! Why I know! My father is on the board!

Reply #459507 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Anon fight pls.

It's been a great day for laughs in this place, can we finish it off in style?

Reply #459509 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe your father is on the board and he may not know is running the mutiny.

Reply #459516 | Report this post

Agent Orange  
Years ago

hahaha dance for us Anonymous's, dance.

Actively seeking a new coach for the final 5 games of the season?
So they'd pay out the current coach + the season left to go and hire someone to coach the last 5 games with a roster that might or might not be remarkably different next season?

next you'll tell us the way the NBL handled the 36's Vs Wildcats judiciary situation was proper.....

Reply #459524 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who said anything about replacing the existing coach now you numpty? Perfect time to be sounding out prospective candidates I would have thought
Too much Agent orange it seems eh

Reply #459540 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Why not give Fearne the rest of the year off and let Downer run the team? I'm sure he'd be willing to get the head coach experience and if it's a complete failure then they're really no worse off than where they are now. Wouldn't cost Taipans any extra dollars (for the rest of the year, anyway). If it works out then hand Downer the head coach role for next year.

Reply #459543 | Report this post

Agent Orange  
Years ago

haha numpty.... flattery will get you no where.
FYI I find it hard to believe Anon's bearing facts for one thing.

I made the assumption that is someone is 'actively seeking' a new coach, they'd want the replacement to start ASAP....

I'll say it again; Fearne is still in contract for next year, to get rid of him you have to pay out the contract. Who will pay that bill?
That's a fact. As is that no one is actively seeking a coach, desperately seeking Susan, nor are they waiting for Godo.

You think the chances of winning a couple of the last 5 games increase by giving Micky the reins? Computer says no. If he had the magic fix he would have shared it with Fearne long ago.
(dont get me wrong Wilson Sting; Mick is a sensational human and will make a great head coach one day.)

Come on now my fellow Numpty's, there are still games to be played before the seasons end and more water to pass under the bridge before anyone is doing anything as drastic as tearing up contracts.

Reply #459556 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

YOu wouldn't ever have to pay a contract out ever in full.
The players have lost confidence in the coach and that's obvious on the court. Nothing to play for now.
Their contracts maybe, but the good one's will get offers elsewhere. The all so rans won't.

Reply #459645 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe Mick shared it with Fearne and he chose not to listen?

Reply #459648 | Report this post

King Podge  
Years ago

you wouldn't have to pay it out in full? How come? How much would they have to pay?

unless you've seen the contract or have some advanced contract knowledge - please share.

You're not Aaron Fearne trying to Troll yourself are you? You sneaky numpty! :)

Reply #459662 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ok it's pretty simple I will dumb it down for you numpty.
Club says, Aaron we have to let you go.
Aaron says you can't do that I have a contract with 1 season to go.
Club says, well here's our offer 'insert Dollar amount here'
Aaron says that's not acceptable.
Club says sue us.
Oh by the way it may take some time for this matter to be sorted in the courts as well.
Club says Oh by the way until we give you a clearance and seeing as we are in a dispute, you won't be able to coach anywhere else nor earn an income as a coach.
Answer. Ok.
Let's hope that the Agent Orange effects are only short term and your other nick King Podge understands the true reality of basketball contracts and others for that matter.

Reply #459692 | Report this post

King Podge  
Years ago

wow! You're right! it's so simple! Thank you for clearing that up for me, you're so wise one #NumptyContractLaw101.

Fantastic.

Remind me again where the Taipans are getting the money to pay him out for anything - be it the full contract or half the contract? How does that not impact on hiring a replacement? How does that not impact on having money to sign players?

Why would the Taipans risk court for something that they'd lose anyways? Unless you're willing to defend them pro-bono too?

I mean after all the Blaze had a real easy time of it when they sacked Joyce within his contracted..........

P.s. King Podge is my normal posting name not Agent Orange, though I really like your Anonymous nickname - it's got a great ring to it and it so... anonymous......

Reply #459712 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon 692
If they couldn't agree and the matter goes to Court. You could imagine not only would he seek the remainder of the contract but there is also a thing called damages. That might be for lost earnings - past and future. Due to the fact that he couldn't earn a living while the dispute was going on (club doesn't discharge contract and give clearance). And if he is successful cost usually follow the event. So they would pay $$ for contract, possibly $$ for damages and possibly $$ for his legal cost. That all might add up top a lot more than the residual of the contract.

Reply #459745 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

I guess while he's under contract Taipans would have to keep paying him until it was settled in court, so mute point anyway.

Reply #459761 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

"Let's hope that the Agent Orange effects are only short term and your other nick King Podge understands the true reality of basketball contracts and others for that matter"

Another anonymous coward.

Reply #459763 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Situation clearly tells everyone who you really are. You might as well post as an anon

Reply #459770 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

keep uP.

Reply #459773 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Nothing wrong with a pseudonym as long as it's constant. Anonymous is not a pseudonym.

Reply #459781 | Report this post

King Podge  
Years ago

If he doesn't protect his secret identity how will he protect Gotham?

Reply #459785 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:15 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754