pattymillsfan
Years ago

Patty Mills continues to prove the haters wrong

4 points (he was looking for his teammates more in this game), 6 rebounds (a huge number for a point guard), 1 assist and 1 steal. All this in under 26 minutes! Also, despite his team losing by 20+ points, he had a +/- of 0.

You'd think most teams would be looking to sign Patty as a starter for next season given the form he is in.

Topic #33794 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

4 points is not proving the haters wrong....

Reply #459099 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

sarcasm is sometimes difficult to understand

Reply #459101 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Patty Mills is a legit NBA player his slow but steady rise has been fantastic.... The followers steady rise has been just flat out over the top and creepy to some degree.

Reply #459103 | Report this post

pattymillsfan  
Years ago

"4 points is not proving the haters wrong...."

If you watched the game you'd realise he wasn't looking for his shot, he was distributing the ball and making plays for his teammates.

Reply #459106 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why the mentions even sarcastically about the haters. There were none. Okay so he got criticised in the past, well guess what all players are. It's not hating.

Reply #459108 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How about the one assist?

Reply #459116 | Report this post

pattymillsfan  
Years ago

One assist because his teammates didn't make their shots.

Reply #459128 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

There is always one twat who talks shit. Patty is in the NBA for a reason, and the haters are cocksmoking keyboard heroes for a reason.

Reply #459132 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's good, hes getting paid accordingly, MOVE ON.

Reply #459137 | Report this post

pattymillsfan  
Years ago

GWB - Well said.

Reply #459138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

you guys remind me of that LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE guy on youtube

LEAVE PATTY ALONE WAH WAH WAH

relax no one was hating just breaking down and criticising aspects of his game which is normal for a basketball forum.

Reply #459144 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

You're racist.

Reply #459147 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Great court vision that time he found Greg Popovich spotting up in the corner.

If only he made that shot, Patty would have had another dime.

And they say corner threes are the most efficient way to score...

Reply #459156 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Signing as a starter???? Don't think so, this is a point heavy league and his defense wouldn't be good enough

As for not looking for his shot do u even look at stats??? He was 2 of 14 and took more shots out of all the spurs.

I'm glad and hope to see Aussies in the nba but some people are over the top

Reply #459162 | Report this post

pattymillsfan  
Years ago

Stop being so un-Australian, anon. Patty's a champ

Reply #459163 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A bit harsh to be so critical coming off 25 points then 29 points in his last two games where he was instrumental in both wins. Mills has been leading a strong SA bench unit.

Mills is averaging 9.9ppg. Could be the third Aussie to average double figures in scoring over a season (Longley did it only once in 1997-98).

Mills is going for a very healthy 47% from the field, including 41% for 3-pointers. He was due for a 2/14 kind of game.

Just as an aside, Mills averages 50% from the field in SA's 40 wins, and just 38% in the 16 losses. Does this demonstrate his importance to the team, or that he struggles against the top teams (SA has a poor reputation against the top teams)?

Reply #459206 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

His most recent game wasn't so flash but overall can't deny he is in great form this month.

Reply #459207 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wow @ pattymillsfan

The over the top Mills supporters like him are unaware they are now taking the piss out of themselves.

Reply #459212 | Report this post

Anonas  
Years ago

hate or love, but the fact he's still in NBA only prove that people employing him see things that we don't. scoring 20 points in NBA is not a joke. try it but try first if they will like what you have.

Reply #459214 | Report this post

pattymillsfan  
Years ago

Can the mods please deal with the un-Australian Patty Mills haters who are infiltrating my thread. Thanks.

Reply #459219 | Report this post

Swagger  
Years ago

#206 - Mills has already averaged double figures over a season (year one with the Spurs where he came in late during their end of season purple patch lockout shortened season). So he already has become the third Aussie to do so, he's looking to be the second Aussie to do it twice.

Reply #459240 | Report this post

Anonas  
Years ago

get use to it pattymillsfan. they are part of any forum anywhere. just facts versus facts is the game. we're talking of Patty Mills but obviously they don't want. maybe they want their own players to be talk about.
well, just unprecedented for an Aborigine like Patty to be where he is now. Securing contracts, getting court minutes and playing well. And he's not that tall to last in the league of giants.

Also, he led the Boomers to 2 consecutive Olympics, earned respect from NBA superstars and became the topscorer in London Olympics (Durant was no. 2).

Had a great college ball in US NCAA too. That at one time outplaying Step Curry. Mills could have a better NBA career but we didnt see much push, aside from his Patty Cakes' and towel waving at the bench.

Reply #459241 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mills is a top 5 Aussie basketballer of all time even if he hangs up his singlet tomorrow. Haters can hate all they want, that's simple fact.

Reply #459250 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I think Mills averaged 9p in the shortened season so this would be his first in double figures. Won't be his last though.

Reply #459256 | Report this post

Swagger  
Years ago

Paul...you're not the authority on everything mate. I live on leage pass, I'm telling you he was over 10 on the regular season, don't even need to check the stats.

Reply #459264 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Paul, thanks for Creek stats earlier. I looked up Mills stats in 2011/12 he played 16 games and did avg 10.3ppg a game which did include season ending 34 pt in final reg season game (parker rested)but in that same years playoffs he averaged 1.9ppg in 3.9mins. Maybe this will be the year he breaks through in the playoffs.

Reply #459266 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Patty Mills 2011/12: 24 games, 180 points, 7.5ppg

Reply #459269 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

@Steven - yeah, if you take out his playoff games form the above you could given him double figures for his 16 regular season games.

Reply #459270 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

@Paul, good point.

Reply #459273 | Report this post

Swagger  
Years ago

You'd be the first person I know Paul who when speaking of season stats combines regular season and playoffs.

He average 10 on the season, case closed. Remarkable achievement I say, even thought it was because the Spurs were winning games by 30 odd during that stretch and the bench warmers got burn halfway thru the 3rd onwards.

Reply #459274 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They don't combine regular season & playoff stats in the NBA but paul knows that.

Reply #459286 | Report this post

commonsense  
Years ago

GARPH..

G.A.R.P.H = Gutless Anonymous Racist Patty Haters.
So now when some anonymous dick gets on a Patty Mills thread we shall refer to them as a GARPH.
That is all

Reply #459287 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

Let's call a spade a spade. If patty was a 6ft tall white Australian and did what he is doing he'd be a legend regardless of what he does.

Reply #459298 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I just looked at his totals which were only 24 games.

Regardless how you look at it, I don't think we should confuse 2012 with this season, he is at a much higher level now, doing it in games that matter against opponents who are genuine NBA talent.

The best thing is he is still young and his best years are ahead of him, it's pretty exciting now that the basketball IQ is starting to catch up with the physical talent.

Reply #459304 | Report this post

Tbird  
Years ago

Didn't he go 2-14 from the field this game?

Reply #459321 | Report this post

Swagger  
Years ago

Yes, yes Paul I agree this season is far better than 2012. He is now a regular part of the rotation, has a reliable floater to use when the bigs are in drops when on pick and rolls and gets beaten off the dribble far less than he used to.

But's that not what we were talking about, we were discussing his regular season averages. How hard is it to admit you were wrong?

Reply #459326 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

'pattymillsfan' if you are taking the piss, then you are one sad person.

Everyone has an off game. Patty has been absolutely killing it lately.

Reply #459328 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just cause u disagree with a comment doesn't make you a hater and certainly not a racist. In fact playing the racist card is pathetic and shows that you look at race.

What was merely stated was a reply to a comment that he didn't look for his shot this game which was incorrect. He shot 2 of 14 and led the spurs in field goal attempts so the comment was incorrect and this was pointed out.
Secondly a comment was made that someone would sign him as a starter so the teply I made was that it's a point heavy league ATM so don't think he's gonna sign for starter minutes or money.

These comments don't take away how well mills is doing not does it not mean people are proud of him and love to see Aussies do well (sorry but aboriginal or not doesn't matter to me) be successful.

Don't come on a public forum and make statements, some incorrect, if you aren't expecting a healthy discussion. That's what makes these forums great cause you can have a friendly discussion on the sport we love.

Reply #459344 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also which team would sign him as a starter with those minutes and salary? Interested to hear which teams you think are in that position.

Reply #459346 | Report this post

Anonas  
Years ago

agree Curtley. Tbird, Kobe Bryant once made 3/20 and CBosh 1/18. Popovich entrusted Patty Mills to keep on firing. The coach knows far more than we can.

Reply #459408 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree curtley???? What he said was actually a racist comment????

I may have missed it but can someone please point out on the thread where a poster has played the aboriginal card in a racist way as I cannot see it?

Reply #459415 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

OMG, "garph" is now trending on twitter.

Na, not really, it was one of the dumbest things I've ever read.

Reply #459419 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Stop taking jabs at people all the time, Situation.

You look like an immature grade 10 prick trying to pick on others for fun; not a very endearing trait.

Don't come back with hate. I'm actually doing you a service.

Reply #459423 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

How are you doing me a service?

If people are going to cry racism for no reason, I'm going to call them stupid. Simple as that. The fact that he tied it up in to an acronym just made it even dumber.

But thanks for the advice.

Reply #459424 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

New York are freeing up room for Patty. It will be the second coming of linsanity

Reply #459433 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Look up the meaning of coward, doesn't at all apply to this issue.

See while I agree with you -- I actually think it's counterproductive to bring up race when not in context -- I don't agree with the way you treat people on this forum.

My comment neither stated nor implied anything about racism. It was simply about the way you treat people here.

Based on your recent history on this site, you seem to be a very angry man who finds a hobby in arcing up at things/people. And while you seem like a very switched on person, this anger/narcissism clouds your judgement.

All I'm saying is 'stop putting people down'.

Reply #459437 | Report this post

Kris  
Years ago

are people seriously calling the "racist" card here...
do we really think if he was a white australian the media in australia would give a F still.

this country couldnt care less about the sport we love.

bogut got a shout out on radio once this year for having 12 boards. thats the only time i have heard anything NBA related on ozzy radio or TV.

although i dont listen to the radio or watch network tv. to busy watching League pass and my clippers on the way to a title :)

Reply #459439 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

If people continue to bring the stupid, I'll keep responding. If they don't like it, they can stop being stupid. Eventually, there'll be less stupid and we'll all be better off. You can thank me later.

Reply #459440 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Statsheet Stuffer,

It's what The Situation (The Customer/Cussy on Oz Hoops) has always done, troll. He's run Oz Hoops into the ground over the years due to his constant trolling & shit-stirring to the point it's almost a ghost town these days which is why he's trolling hard on here now ('Ben Fitzfuckwit' etc). He craves the attention.

A couple of years ago he almost got Oz Hoops shut down and was banned for months in which the owner had to put a personal apology on the front page to stave off legal action due to his trolling & abuse of a long-time poster who like a number of others no longer posts on there anymore.

Cussy, what was it you accused 'Curious' of being again?

Reply #459443 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

So you call me a 'f***head' and a 'coward' and then when I put you in your place, you won't apologise to me? Shows great character, Situation.

Hate to use the word again, but you're being narcissistic in that response.

Q: Do you honestly think insults will aid the problem?
A: No, their initial reaction will be to think you're a tosser and either ignore you or hit back.

You need to think proactively if you want to change peoples' behaviours.

Reply #459444 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Anon, put a name to your post and I'll finish the story which you half-told. Funnily enough, it started with Curious revealing personal and private information about posters. Good to see you're going down the same path.

Reply #459445 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

"So you call me a 'f***head' and a 'coward' and then when I put you in your place..."

When did this happen? All you did was use my real name.

"... you won't apologise to me?"

For what?

Reply #459446 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

I'm done here, Situation.

You actually do entertain us half the time with your little quips, but the other half is the problem. Bit of a shame.

Reply #459447 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"He is now a regular part of the rotation, has a reliable floater to use when the bigs are in drops when on pick and rolls and gets beaten off the dribble far less than he used to."

Spot on Swagger, plus he is doing it all within the system rather than taking whatever shots appear and relying on getting hot. It's great to see.

Reply #459455 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

"I agree with you"
"you seem like a very switched on person"
"I do find some of your comments amusing."
"Good work buddy."
"You actually do entertain us half the time with your little quips"

Thanks man, I appreciate the positive feedback.

Reply #459459 | Report this post

Swagger  
Years ago

So still not admitting you were wrong to correct me Paul?

How far do you have your head up your arse mate? Lost a lot of respect for you here.

Reply #459490 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Swagger, if he is really pissing you off, just post his real name.....oh wait....

Reply #459493 | Report this post

Swagger  
Years ago

I love what Paul does for the NBL, he is a great asset for the league. I've just got the shits with him trying to correct me twice, then refusing to acknowledge it.

Reply #459500 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Swagger, if you look at post 459720 I acknowledged his regular season scoring average in those 16 games was double figures.

I hope you feel less aggrieved now.

Reply #459502 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

That should read: post 459270

Reply #459504 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:49 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754