Anonymous
Years ago

Summer Season Finals

So what are the predictions for this weeks junior finals?

Any suggestions?

Topic #33818 | Report this topic

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

The teams that finished 1st in the minor round will win the majority of their grades.

Bold prediction, I know.

Reply #459618 | Report this post

Years ago

Nobody will get near mavs in junior girls

Reply #459623 | Report this post

the prophet  
Years ago

u12 G

fville
sturt

u14g

mavs
fville

u16g

fville
mavs

u18g

fville
sturt

div 2

u12 G

centrals
fville

u14g

mavs
fville

u16g

fville
sturt

u18g

fville
norwood

state champs -

state girls mavs

reserve girls fville

thanks to everyone else for coming

Reply #459633 | Report this post

the prophet  
Years ago

i expect mavs to get some upsets in state champs

Reply #459635 | Report this post

the prophet  
Years ago

in u18 g and 16 g

Reply #459636 | Report this post

Here it is people;

Firstly, I couldn't add the U10 competition as they still have a round to play. And to make it even, I have just assumed all clubs enter a team in div 1 and div 2, even though this is not the case. I might look at an overall standing for the top 3 teams from each club next week after the U10 competition is finalized.

Boys

Sturt 8-0
North 4-4
Norwood 4-4
Woodville 4-4
South 3-5
Forestville 3-5
Centrals 2-6
Southern 2-6
Eastern 1-7
West 0-8

Girls

Forestville 8-0
Sturt 7-1
Eastern 5-3
West 3-5
North 2-6
Norwood 2-6
Southern 2-6
Centrals 1-7
South 1-7
Woodville 0-8

Overall

Sturt 15-1
Forestville 11-5
Eastern 6-10
Norwood 6-10
North 6-10
Woodville 4-10
South 4-12
Southern 4-12
Centrals 3-13
West 3-13

Boys look to be a 1 horse race with a full field close behind.

Girls a 3 horse race that might be more a 2 plus 1 race.

Looks can be deceiving. Sturt look to be in front for Boys club and Overall State Champ, but although they are in a lot of finals, they'd have to perform well to get a girls trophy.

Forestville girls look strong as per usual but they could just as easily drop to Eastern as well as the double blue threat. Boys though are falling of quickly with only 1 div 1 finals team

Eastern girls continue to perform well and some luck breaks could make this their year. As with Forestvile, would need major boys upsets to challenge for overall.

North and Norwood seem to both have some good teams here and there and some under achievers.

While Woodville boys keep them up with some good results but their girls are a concern for all. Southern and South battling here as well. South is certainly up and Southern continue to drop.

Centrals and West in the last spots. West girls actually doing quite well and could have their best results in a number of years, but their boys are falling so far behind in might begin to get unrecoverable. Centrals have a couple of strong div 1 boys age groups and need to find a way to be more consistent.

Reply #459718 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Southerns junior Vice President the problem, they been dropping since he got the role!

Reply #459721 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Centrals boys have a 4 year window of strong teams with 14s/16s boys currently. How they can't even get U12 boys or girls teams is beyond me.

It's the first time in 4 yrs they haven't been able to field U12 div 1 boys and girls teams in Summer season. You would think with such a massive school on their doorstep, large domestic comps they would be able to do the work to get U12 teams. U12s is where it all starts, if you don't do the work you won't sustain results - pure and simple.

Reply #459725 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They can, they choose not to.

Reply #459726 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Elaborate?

If it's by choice it's even worse. Why would people choose not to expose the kids from their club to the highest level of competition they are capable of competing?

Reply #459727 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Because as a club they nominate Div 2 for Summer so their players can get confidence, beating up on other clubs Division 2 teams.

And BSA sit back and let it happen.

Reply #459728 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You have to wonder why Easterns girls perform so well and they boys seem to struggle with only one team playing in finals.

Reply #459734 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And the same for forestvile boys.

Reply #459735 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How did West boys become the debacle it has become? Any theories out there?

Reply #459736 | Report this post

the prophet  
Years ago

sorry stats room what does the 2 figures means - teams in finals and teams not ?

Reply #459741 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

U12 girls No 1 team top of ladder in Div 2....... credit to the clubs copping the losses in Div 1 to stronger clubs to give their girls experience..

other clubs not fielding all 2nd years in Div 1 to develop 1st years but it is not working. 2nd years left to babysit the remaining 1st years in Div 2 are getting frustrated. This is how you lose players to other clubs and sports. If they are good enough for 1's let them have a go. there may be some hidden gems that when given opportunity to play with stronger more experienced players may shine... Often these are the mid size skilled, smart players who are good ball handlers but do not fit SA obsession with fast ball hogging shooters that for every goal turn over the ball another 3 or miss asssists and defence is poor because they are always looking to the offensive basket for a fast break and leave defensive holes. Need more mid size guards to work the plays and have patience but strong enought for defensive support. Sturt rarely put a 1st year straight into 1's in the boys and Forestville the same with the girls.... Strength and maturity pay off.....

Reply #459750 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry Centrals 12.1 in 12.2's.

Reply #459758 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Happy with Centrals in Div 2, it saves me a long drive.

Reply #459759 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Arrhhh. Starting to walk a little and they shoot themselves in the foot, seems to happen time and time again at a few clubs.

Reply #459760 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Centrals boys have probably two of the five strongest age groups in the boys for division 1.

Not too many other clubs have that!

Reply #459789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh and their under 10 are equal top so three out of 5 can be considered the top teams. That's not too bad surely????

Reply #459790 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt only have two and I think the under 16 team won't be the strongest come winter
Which means they may only have one top team.

So why is everyone getting on centrals boys program? Surely this means at the moment their division one teams could be considered on the higher side rather than lower?

Reply #459791 | Report this post

phobos  
Years ago

Centrals under 18s are pretty bad but they'll be gone soon anyway.

The under 16s and under 14s are both in the top 2 and so are the Under 10s. So the only problem is the under 12s. Overall that looks like they are doing pretty well in the boys.

They also have a much better group of coaches than they used to have. Nothing much to worry about in Centrals boys.

Reply #459793 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Under 10 boys equal top
Under 12 boys 5th in div 2
Under 14 boys top
Under 16 boys second but haven't had full team for lot of the season
Under 18 boys 9th

So a lot of other clubs lot worse than that!

Reply #459795 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And another pretty good junior coach on the way soon too by the sounds of it.

Reply #459796 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who's the new coach?

Reply #459798 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who's the new coach?

Reply #459802 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Read a previous post and put 2 & 2 together!

Reply #459807 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Referring to a recent early post the suggestion is that the recent coach to leave the flames is coming to centrals.

How do you know this and what age group are you suggesting he will coach?

Reply #459827 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woodville boys would be 5-3 in the boys with the 18.1s making it

Reply #459837 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

18 1s. THey definately need a coach there.

Reply #459845 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Coach who recently quit Flames moving to Centrals? And maybe coaching 18 1s? Is this for winter?

Is this fact or rumour?

Reply #459919 | Report this post

anon non non  
Years ago

16S centrals have all round talent. 14S r just lucky, a decent first year, a good guard/forward n the kicker a massive centre that dominates cause of his height.the rest meh. Take out the big guy n that team would b average. Once the competition grows this centrals window will close.

Reply #459949 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They have a new big with amazing court vision. Won't play till winter. They have the best gaurd and the best center in that age group in the state, and a bottom age gaurd who would have to be top 3 out of all the bottom age guards in the state, and now a new big who is outstanding as well. But yes, if you take away thier 4 best players they would be pretty average.... Just like any team.....

Reply #459950 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

14's are lucky yeah right how about you take the best player from every team and see how good they go. Also you could argue their point guard is probably their most valuable player.
Centrals have had strong 14's for the las three years (which translates to 16's now) but guess they've been lucky every year.

How about people rave on about how lucky Sturt are then as they seem to get talented players from other clubs.

People are way too negative on this site.

Reply #459953 | Report this post

the prophet  
Years ago

centrals be struttin'

Reply #459956 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I didnt realise it was school holidays.

Reply #459958 | Report this post

anon non non  
Years ago

Never said take away the 4 best, said 3 were good n one is a unit who can play. Now take the big guy who towers over the comp away n this team is average even with the talent of the other two. At this age it is easy to win when u have have automatic put backs of an easy 20 a game. At the end of the day i dont care who wins, good luck to all kids n there development, hopefully centrals can get all kids improving, and keep this kid dominating. But on the other side other kids grow n all of sudden its not that easy. Will all find out in the future. And note didnt say 16s were lucky either.Guess ill have to spell out my posts in future. Or maybe i get more crazy responses, haha love this crap!

Reply #459959 | Report this post

hydra15  
Years ago

anon non non, does your Mum know you're on the computer this late? Go to bed champ, that finger painting won't take care of itself tomorrow!

Reply #459960 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I watched centrals play last year at club nationals and they played a nsw team that had a boy who was about 6'8" and was long and athletic also a point guard who was about 5'11" also long and athletic.

Centrals biggest player was 6'2" so according to you the nsw team should have won as they had a huge centre but centrals won by about 30 to 40.

So having a big centre doesn't guarantee success and wins.

Reply #459961 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's 6'5" and and against some boys that are 6'2" so I wouldn't call it tower. In fact he plays against teams that have a few six foot plus players whereas centrals have one. Hmm those teams are lucky to have multiple six footers hey!

Reply #459963 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The truth is Centrals are very lucky. They have such a big catchment demographic of such a built up area. A lot of young families around there now (similar to Eastern and Southern's area) so they should have quantity and quality available to build decent teams.
I would think any kid in SA that is north of Modbury would be Centrals? If they've got people moving from Norwood to Centrals there must b some truth in my statement?
Plus any Country kids that want to play Metro would prefer to play at Gawler once a fortnight than travel down the Northern Freeway once every Friday to play at Hillcrest/Marden or further?

They still gotta develop the kids obviously (and they area developing them) but it's an advantage no doubt.

Would love to know how many average kids they got in their U14s, 16s and 18s Div 1 teams that have joined via Country associations/another Metro Club team rather than have been developed in Centrals own U10/12 teams..?

Reply #459975 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Correct! But if that's the case why does it seem that they can't get an U12 div 1 boys and girls teams this year for the first time in 5 years?

Reply #459980 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe 6.15pm games are too early for 'their' players to get from a regional/country area school at 3pm down to the basketball venues? They don't have the depth for Div 1 players just from their metro areas?

Reply #459983 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow pathetic so what club are you from that you can have a go at centrals

Reply #459987 | Report this post

Years ago

Expect a lot of sturt teams to be ko`d first round of finals tonight

Reply #459997 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't poke the bear we only dream of such fortune. Depends on what intimidation factors are in play and whether refs get sucked in

Reply #460000 | Report this post

SabreCrusher  
Years ago

Reply #460005 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In regards to the Lions program they have very strong Div1 u14 and u16 coaches and is why those programs are successful.

But they are instigating a elite policy and will only have 3 teams per age group going into next summer, well that is what the club is telling families that trial.

So therefore if you trial into one of their lower teams and something better comes along the likelihood is that the perceived weakest player will be dropped out of the squad.

Reply #460014 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

get Nyberg out of that costume...

Reply #460065 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can anybody tell me, if Norwood's u18 boys coach has quit, who is coaching them now?

Reply #460126 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jack: I'd say the coach you are talking about will be in double blue soon.

Reply #460205 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boys

U12s -
Div 1 Sturt vs South
Div 2 Sturt vs North

U14s
Div 1 Sturt vs Centrals
Div 2 Sturt Vs ??

U16s
Div 1 Sturt vs centrals
Div 2 Sturt Vs Norwood

U18s
Div 1 Sturt Vs Norwood
Div 2 Sturt Vs Norwood

GIrls
U12s
Div 1 Sturt Vs Forestville
Div 2 Forestville vs Centrals

U14s
Div 1 Eastern Vs Forestville
Div 2 Eastern Vs Forestville

U16s
Div 1 Eastern Vs Forestville
Div 2 Sturt Vs FOrestville

U18s
Div 1 Sturt Vs Forestville
Div 2 Sturt Vs Forestville

Reply #460672 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Think he may be a lion!

Reply #461434 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wouldn't count on that.

Reply #461488 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks like Sturt are continuing to get it right with their boys program. Pretty impressive (and no I'm not from Sturt, im actually a lion).

Well done, deserves recognition.

Be interesting to see how many they win.

Reply #461494 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does youth league count towards junior finals?

Reply #461510 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't think it does. I could be wrong though. I assume Sturt made that GF too?

Reply #461526 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No, they didn't make YL grand final.

Reply #461541 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Winter gradings are out and Centrals have Div 1 teams in both boys and girls.

Reply #461572 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt Div 2 14 girls two teams in Semis over Summer, one team to Div 3 for Winter.

Reply #461576 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

May be a naive question but where are they released? Couldn't find anything on the BSA site?

Reply #461577 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sent to Clubs

Reply #461579 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:16 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754