Skyhook
Years ago

How do you read this article ?

Article in The Advertiser

The Boomers section .. is it just me or does the last line make it sound like Maher was thought to be returning to the Boomers ?

"While Brett Maher has returned from Turkey he is taking some time off before the start of Adelaide 36ers pre-season training."

Am i reading it wrong ?
Is it poor writing ?
Or has someone not been listening to talking Hoops ?

Just a thought.

Topic #3382 | Report this topic

TR  
Years ago

Nah, I read it the same, and it raised some eyebrows

With the Tiser, it's all poor writing

Reply #38918 | Report this post

ShutUp!!  
Years ago

I also noticed that the Article mentioned that Steven Markovic wasn't available for this camp, because he has nominated for the Draft, but according to insidehoops.com he has withdrawn from the draft, so maybe the Advertiser has just plaucked an article from somewhere else without checking its facts.

Reply #38925 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i start with my eyes on the first word in the top left corner, then make my way across the line to the right side. Once i've finished that line, i come back to the left side, but the next line down and start again. Seems to work for me?

(Mod: Need to implement a negative little basketball icon...)

Reply #39050 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Nice one Anon. HAHA thats something i would have written to BIZZY a little while ago ..

Reply #39059 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

mod, perhaps you could use a brick?

Reply #39060 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:48 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754