frustrated
Years ago

BNSW frustrate me

does anyone else find BNSW frustrating. You look on the web site and most of the info is out of date, or the info you want is not there.
you contact them, and get no answers. You are "fogged off" and told to wait.

Topic #33824 | Report this topic

D4444  
Years ago

They certainly have a lot of staff paid a decent income to do bugger all. Some local associations have made noises about pulling out & doing their own thing but only one has been forced into doing it.

Reply #459719 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Which association moved out. I'm hearing similar things that a number of big clubs in Adelaide are keen to setup their own competitions.

Reply #459724 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

Parramatta split or more correctly, were dropped by BNSW after a dispute over a fine.

They've since set up their own elite men's summer competition with a level of professionalism that showed up just how poor BNSW is at running anything:
http://www.ultimatebasketball.com.au/

They have a youth comp planned & more to follow I hear.

Reply #459732 | Report this post

frustrated  
Years ago

i have also heard the Parramatta group are way more organised than BNSW. Offering a well organised comp and good prize money.

Any chance they could take over the running of the sport in NSW? BNSW seem to be focused on themselves, (making money)and not the members.

Reply #459742 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

From an administrative point of view, BNSW are pretty hopeless. Took them almost 1 month after the close of nominations to announce the teams for this years junior Country Premier League - not good enough. And, as you said the website is often out of date and lacks information.

From a coaching point of view BNSW have made some astounding developments in recent years with both Country and Metro state teams emerging as real threats at National Championships. credit must be given to the coaches up there as whatever they're doing is obviously working.

Reply #459746 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

The UBL comp was well organised & provided a level of coverage of stats, player profiles, photos & video streaming of games that BNSW cannot even do for finals weekend but sadly the level of competition wasn't great. There were only 2 teams that were really competitive with another not far off & then a lot making up numbers. The top 2 teams featured some former NBL players which was great but it was rare to see teams at full strength during the season & many games were played more like an exhibition match than being seriously contended. They had a pre-season draft which was almost farcical.

Hopefully next year they'll get a few more players involved to create more competitive teams & turn it into a legit competition. It would be great if other associations got behind them in this but while senior people in many will privately support the idea, none have the courage of their convictions when it comes to doing anything about it.

& Anonymous #459746: BNSW performance at Nationals has normally had more to do with the cohort of players available than any direct result of the coaching they receive. From what I hear, lately certain coaches have put more effort into their own squabbles than doing anything to develop players.

Reply #459755 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

D4444 - please do share with us what coaches and what squabbles you are referring to. only then can we take any credence from your comment.

Reply #459756 | Report this post

frustrated  
Years ago

under BNSW, Parramatta have left and started their own league. The Entrance basketball club has liquidated owing $80k.

What is BNSW doing for its member clubs and players?

Reply #459762 | Report this post

frustrated also  
Years ago

#459746 you are correct re time to show teams for 2014. CPL did take a mth to release, but the other leagues are still not released! WTF is going on that takes so long??

Reply #459775 | Report this post

Hydra13  
Years ago

BNSW have been frustrating me for years :) I can say that the games that Parramatta Basketball are running are a lot better than you think D4444, with me having sat through all of them. They are of the standard of many of the Waratah Championship League that BNSW offer and there have been many closely contested games. No game until the semi-final series were complete walk-overs. The $10K game this Saturday 1st March 2014 should be a cracker - let's hope it doesn't disappoint.

Sources inside Parramatta Basketball say the Club couldn't be happier to be disengaged with BNSW. They said that Daniel Martinez the CEO from BNSW is, as little as two days ago, still trying to find a loophole in Parra's lease with Council, in an effort to take over PBA's lease and their business by touting BNSW's company IFMG as the company to oust Parra from the Auburn Basketball Centre. Parra say that BNSW have a snowflake's chance in hell of doing that.

Reply #459875 | Report this post

frustrated also  
Years ago

hydra13, i wish danny put the same effort into running what is under his control.

Reply #459878 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

Hydra13: I was quoting players in my comments about the standard of games. Were you ever in doubt which team would finish on top their likely opponents in the final?

Reply #459886 | Report this post

frustrated too  
Years ago

some age groups of EJL and NJL have been merged for the NSW country 2014 rep season

What is BNSW doing when it cannot provide a competition for U12s that does not require travelling 500kms? The extra cost to participants will not be a positive for the future.

As has been stated previously, Danny pls focus on what is under your control.

Reply #459895 | Report this post

Hydra13  
Years ago

frustrated also: I hear you

D4444: you would think it would have never been in doubt but one of the teams - I think Wolves, beat Sonics during the season and frightened them almost out of the boots in the first half of the semi. Sonics have been strengthening team all through the tournament. Wildcats were not that good first half of the tournament and it will remain to be seen how they match up against the Sonics.

Reply #459968 | Report this post

frustrated more  
Years ago

can anyone confirm the amalgamating of some age groups in EJL and NJL. BNSW web site does not give any info. surprise , surprise!!

Reply #460151 | Report this post

whoknows?  
Years ago

Ist round for EJL and NJL merged teams in Tamworth in 3 wks. Still no teams or draw put out by BNSW. Parents do not know whether to book accommodation for 2 nights or 1 night. What is going on at head quarters because they certainly are not looking after their members.

Reply #460243 | Report this post

Hydra13  
Years ago

I know there is an upcoming league for juniors called the Sydney Conference League (SCL) that will start at the end of May and go through to September this year. Although it won't suit for long-distance teams as it's played on Saturdays in the central venue at the Auburn Basketball Centre in Lidcombe and accommodated by Parra Basketball.

Reply #460478 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:50 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754