Flower Power
Years ago

ABL and Club Life Membership

Under the current Season Format a player would have to play almost 17 years of ABL Basketball to qualify for life membership, I would love to see the league invest in a 27 game season to inspire the players to strive for an ATTAINABLE goal. I know that people will say 27 is too hard with the double headers but lets start the season earlier or scrap the summer season. With the national championships date set in stone I think that the idea of starting the season earlier is a better option. perhaps the concept of wednesday/saturday games would help the process. Anyone have thoughts? Also would preseason carnivals before christmas or early in the new year work towards games played?

Topic #3383 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

club membership is usually 300 games and 10 years of service

players who have played juniors can achieve life membership and those who play ABL and summer season should also be able to get their life membership in.

Referee's I believe can count any games at National Championships

what format are you counting ...just abl games?

Reply #38939 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

BASA Life Membership = 300 State League/ABL games.

Reply #38968 | Report this post

apu  
Years ago

Okay now that we have that sorted...do we need a longer season? which models should we look at? I believe that 18 is too few with only a month left in the season (excluding finals) what format should we look at?

Reply #39006 | Report this post

ShutUp!!  
Years ago

2 Divisions, same as for All Star teams last year.

South Division
- Eastern
- Forestville
- South
- Southern
- Sturt

North Division

- Centrals
- North
- Norwood
- West
- Woodville

Each team plays 26 games for the year, 4 (2 home, 2 away)against other teams in their division - 16 games. Then play all teams in other division twice (1 home, 1 away) - 10 games.

Given the evenness of this years Mens comp., no club could complain too much about unfairness in this draw, although the South Division in the Women's is quite a bit stronger.

Reply #39009 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:16 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754