SamCro
Years ago

Boogie Cousins / Basketball Genius or Idiot?

This guy could average 20pts & 10rbs for the next 5 - 10 years & really has a terrific skill set for a big man but his emotional out bursts & lack of anger management is frightening. Thoughts people?

Topic #33840 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

How about just an athletic and tall player with skills who has an attitude and not enough reason to keep it in check?

His contract is $62m over four years. Let's say he could remove any negative qualities from his game - where can he realistically take that salary? $20m/year? Not a huge jump in change to lifestyle for the guy. And he could well figure his attitude is what keeps him making aggressive moves. Why change?

Reply #460032 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

DeMarcus Cousins | Center/Forward
Team: Sacramento Kings
Age / DOB: (23) / 8/13/1990
Ht / Wt: 6'11' / 270
College: Kentucky

I have not posted his stats or averages, but these types are hard to find, especially with his skills so if they can control him he should continue to be a potential all star.

But, do the Sacramento supporters want another Dennis Rodman in their club?

Depends on what he does I think, if he gets too out of control he should be traded, but the replacement wouldn't be easy to find I wouldn't think...

Reply #460034 | Report this post

SamCro  
Years ago

You can't keep getting suspensions all the time Isaac for stupid bonehead reasons. It will end up hurting his team's Win/Loss record in the long term. I really appreciate his basketball talent but I would like to see a level of maturity around him self regulating his emotions. IMO he can potentially be a Top 5 talent in the NBA. Time will tell...

Reply #460035 | Report this post

Bob  
Years ago

Inside The Nba - DeMarcus Cousins
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yggDdojpf0

Reply #460047 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVVaMEHmvAE

Idiot.......? Hmmmm

Tim Duncan taught him a bit about how to play the game in this one!

Reply #460049 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

He needs to get out of sacramento...

He never seemed to have anywhere near as many issues in college. Funny how his attitude became a problem when he started playing for a half bit organization...

Reply #460064 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol Mick I think you would find that his issues in college were tolerated alot more by Calipari. Had the wrap since his HS days.

Reply #460070 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Not saying he is not without fault...he acts like a big baby a lot of the time. But the organisation has handled him poorly from day one. This season has been much better, but still. He wouldn't be pulling this shit if their was better leadership from the top.

Reply #460074 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Westphal tried and got the ass for it. Tail wags the dog in the league

Reply #460078 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boogie is an idiotic brat who got lucky in the genetic lottery. If he was a regular sized human, he'd be bouncing around between mcdonalds job interviews, hoping the store owner isn't the same guy who fired him from his last mcdonalds job.

Reply #460122 | Report this post

Some_Fulla  
Years ago

Don't be a hater anon!

Your just jelly baby because you obviously didn't get lucky in the genetic lottery (small knob)

Reply #460144 | Report this post

carcus mamby  
Years ago

Dmc has been alot better this year, it2 and gay combined with boogie are really fun to watch this year even if they arent doing well. I hope sac doesnt change and builds with what they have

Reply #460207 | Report this post

SamCro  
Years ago

I like the core of Cousins, Gay & Thomas but this team needs some influential veterans ASAP on this team. To provide leadership & guidance to this young & potentially exciting team in to the future.

Reply #460210 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Another Dennis Rodman? How is that a bad thing

Reply #460349 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He will be more like Shawn Kemp than Karl Malone. Signing a big contract could be the worst thing if not handled right.

Reply #460356 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Except he's really a center. I see him being more of a young shaq when he was more mobile, and that's a very loose comparison. Hopefully shaq gets in his ear and turns him around

Reply #460435 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:04 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754