Isaac
Years ago

Danny Granger to the Clippers

Granger gives the Clippers (40-20) even greater depth and versatility on the wing for the stretch run. They have been without J.J. Redick, who is out indefinitely with a bulging disc in his lower back, for the past 10 games, and lost Jamal Crawford on Wednesday to calf strain.

"I think I bring another dynamic," Granger said. “I'm a bigger small forward. I can play the 4 as well. And I can shoot the ball and when you add that to the type of offense that we have: up-tempo, shoot a lot of threes, go out and space the court. That’s the kind of offense that I think I would thrive in.”
Full announcement

Glen Davis also recently moved to the Clippers. Meanwhile, Caron Butler is rumoured to be going to the Thunder.

Topic #33856 | Report this topic

Alabama Slamma  
Years ago

Looks like everyone is jumping on the Clipper wagon.
The West Semis are going to be the highlight of this years Playoffs. Thunder v Warriors, Spurs v Clippers. These 4 teams are my pick to battle each other in any order. Hopefully a Clippers v Thunder conference finals, with the Slim Reaper and his OKC Thunder battling the Indiana Pacers in the 2014 NBA Finals.

Good to see the Clips have a real crack at the Title. As a Laker fan I have always thought the Clippers were a joke, I'm starting to worry a bit, Blake Griffen has really improved his jump shot this year which has opened him up to superstar status. I'm still sore on the CP3 Laker deal as Paul is one of my favourite players.

All in all I still don't think the Clippers can win this year, KD has paid his dues so far he won't let anything stop him from getting back to the Finals.

Reply #460313 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Well let's see. Clippers will probably finish third after the Blazers collapse a little. That pits them against probably either Golden State or Memphis in the first round.

Not even sure LAC will get out of the first round.

Reply #460403 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Anyone else think the NBA need stricter rules re: contract buy outs.

I know its a tough one because if the team is the one who cuts the player they deserve/have a right to play for another team (in the same season).

But the thing I don't like is players requesting a buy out to go and sign with a contender days later. (Not saying it happened here).

Derek Fisher demonstrated what I mean perfectly.
Left Dallas (made up some excuse which angered Cuban) to go and sign with OKC just a few days later.

If the player is the one who requests a buy out he shouldn't be allowed to play in the same season.

Reply #460526 | Report this post

Kris  
Years ago

Matt Barnes in beast mode didn't allow Danny to play more than 4 minutes last night.

Not a reflection on how he will be utilized.

Danny won't start as we need matts defense on the wing against most teams as he will defend the oppositions best player most times.

although the bench is lacking toughness...

Danny would play better starting though.

Reply #461259 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:03 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754