Anonymous
Years ago

Basketball Australia launches new website!

Basketball Australia has just revamped their website. Looks great in my opinion, easy to navigate through as well.

Thoughts?

Topic #33874 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Here's the link: Basketball.net.au

Reply #460766 | Report this post

Gordon Liddy  
Years ago

It take long time load. It start, it stall, it stall, it stall, it load. Maybe my internet? Maybe website slow? Who know?

Reply #460775 | Report this post

Gordon Liddy  
Years ago

Now it load, I look, it good, it nice.

Reply #460776 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice work, that should tide BA over for marketing effort for the next 10 years..

Reply #460779 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

First up, looks flashy and nice overall, but I must say I don't get the point of the high points per game and other pointless stats in the Nation's Leaders!?

Reply #460784 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

I'm a huge fan!

Reply #460787 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow! How good are those map features! I haven't seen anything like it before and I really like how they brought the Rollers and Gliders to the fore as well. They've been buried in obscurity for far too long.

Like Anon says, I think that Nations Leaders section is going to be a bit of a coach killer (particularly since it only tracks scoring) but if it actually does feed off statistics from any local association (which it looks like it does) it's a HUGE step forward in engaging with the average punter.

Well done to BA. I've criticised them in the past for what I've perceived to be short-fallings, but this is so far above and beyond what I would have expected had you told me it was a BA product.

Keep it up.

Reply #460789 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Not loving the new layout, but at least everything should be up to date which is a big positive.

Reply #460792 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Prefer this layout than the old one. It's a little slower to load but otherwise I like it!

Reply #460794 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does anyone know if states are going to follow and upgrade their websites as well?

Reply #460798 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ Some might but I doubt it.

Looks good refreshing and much more interactive. will be slow to start as its new its not cached well but that will change quick it will pick up.

I hope they keep up to date and make better use of RSS than they have in the past.

Reply #460801 | Report this post

Proud Dad  
Years ago

Awesome! Lov'in it

Reply #460803 | Report this post

Years ago

improvement - up to date marketing presentation.

Reply #460807 | Report this post

Years ago

clare is metro ?

Reply #460809 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Love the clean new design. Kudos on that. Also love the map tracking the Boomers across the globe. A for initiative!

Reply #460811 | Report this post

Coeezy  
Years ago

Excessive imaging is causing it to lag when I need to scroll up and down, but it's a nice design.

Reply #460830 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Brilliant site, basketball in Australia is getting bigger, we're getting there

Reply #460836 | Report this post

Years ago

Coeezy that is the way to present now - more images less writing clutter. We were taught that by a benchmarker from Canberra 3-4 years ago as latest presentation / marketing techniques

Reply #460841 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pitty those people still on slow or medium band width though! Your internet needs to be on a cable speed or ADSL2+ or higher to get it to load and work smoothly.

Reply #460849 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Oh god, it's like Sportal's website. Slow to load, the font is terrible but at least it looks reasonable

Reply #460860 | Report this post

Wabbit  
Years ago

Nice implementation of a wordpress site, will be interesting to see if the states use it too. I don't mind the backend interface of wordpress, I have no idea what the backend used to be like to use though

Reply #460863 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

One day later.

I will pretty much always hold a grudge against BA for what they allowed to happen to my Blaze. I hope they realise that what I'm about to say changes nothing of that.

But after looking across the new website against most every other country's basketball website (that Google could translate) they pretty well hit a home run with this. It's even better than the USA Basketball website. I can honestly say that I thought we'd never do anything in basketball better than them. A pretty good upgrade just in time for the World Cup.

And on that note, I'd appreciate it if BA undid its dirty work and give me my NBL team back, demerged and all.

- Brock

Reply #460952 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Meh I'm a huge basketball fan but rarely have any reason to go on the BA site. Hope NBL launch a new design like this one or way better.

Reply #460986 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

I like it. Looks very nice and I like the bold use of colour combinations and fonts. As long as the content is up to date, then its all good.

However I'm really only a fan of the NBL and NBA so therefore BA only really interests me when its Olympic or World Championship time, so there's generally not much reason for me to venture to this website. So I too hope that the NBL website takes on a bold professional revamp like this one. That will impress me!

Reply #461010 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The Digital Manager deserves a pay rise!

Reply #461025 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good to see SportingPulse stuffing up again. They have the 'top season scorers' for the nation, yet in the competition I play in, there are 5 or 6 players who have scored more than the number 1 on BA's website.
And before someone says that they may not be linked, a player from the same comp is in the top 5 in one of the other two lists..

Reply #461029 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #461051 | Report this post

Wrist Bands  
Years ago

Awesome. Love it.

Reply #461534 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:33 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754