Rashad
Years ago

Wildcats v Crocs Friday, March 7, 6.30pm (local)

With Brian Conklin out for Townsville, not sure how they're going to match up against the Cats. They're coming in with nothing to lose and will give Perth a run, but i can kinda see this one being a blowout. For me it's the cats by 20.

Topic #33901 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Cats should win, but Crocs don't know how to die. OT win the other week and with the spoon on the wall, their only aim is to create havoc.

If Markovic says "hippykiyay", then I demand he drops a Wildcat off the Bank West Tower, preferably Redhage.

Reply #461364 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Cats can ensure the minor premiership and HCA rests with WA with this game. I would have to think after their complete switch-off in the 4th Qtr against Townsville up in Qld, there is no way they'll excuse a screw-up here.

Reply #461377 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looking at Markovic stats, why isn't he listed as the top free throw shooter in the league (89.4% more than Mitch Norton) and has around the same makes and attempts as the other guys in the top five?

Reply #461380 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

The cats will know they're officially minor premiers with a win in this one.
Townsville have nothing to lose so will want a big scalp before the season ends.
No Conklin means no win Perth by 15.

Reply #461383 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

No Conklin, no TSV. Though I did say the same thing about Tiggs/Hawks and they sure showed me!

Reply #461387 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Somewhat of a danger game for Perth, but I think Wildcats by 10 in a struggle.

Reply #461401 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

It all depends on whether markovic and norton can get in the paint routinely to make up for Conklins interior presence and make the defense collapse. Townsville have no problem scoring the ball, so conklins points are replaceable, but the double teams he draws are going to have to be created by our PGs instead.

Reply #461432 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think Markovic hasnt shot enough FTs to qualify for the leagues top % - i think.

Reply #461438 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Josh Pace has less attempts/makes and he's in the top 5...

Reply #461450 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

The answer is: because NBL.

Reply #461452 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

The answer is: because NBL.

Reply #461453 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

because NBL are lazy

Nice timing for the Crocs to be on a Doomsday Double considering they are in form. Too bad Conklin is out. Still will be interesting to see how they perform.

Reply #461468 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

Been impressed with townsville and they have taken some big scalps recently but with their injury concerns ill be surprised if they get within 20 in this one

Reply #461482 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Beware a wounded crocodile.........

Reply #461502 | Report this post

Cats 4 life  
Years ago

Just a win and who cares about next wk!

Reply #461535 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Damien martin might be the might improved playr because of his newly found offensive repatoire.He is the best Point in the league.He Is now threat on both side of the ball.

Reply #461538 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

That play by play commentator is an absolute maniac.

Reply #461542 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Ronaldson is pretty horrible also. Hate to rag on guys but the coverage definitely needs to be better. No excuses if you want to expand the brand.

Reply #461552 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Ten don't, though.

It amuses me that they've tried commentators that have been good (Marsh, Woods) and then got rid of them, but Gossage is still there even after the winter Olympics are done with.

Reply #461556 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Id say Lachie is probably on a holiday, following the olympics and with the football starting up soon he might be taking some time off. Havent seen him on Ten news. Gossage is only a fill in, so he probably doesnt care too much about his efforts.

Agree that the commentators overall need some serious improvement.

I thought the game was very good actually. Commentators down played it a bit I thought.

Reply #461562 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

Martin is a freak! 18-8-8 and 5 steals. Wrap him in cotton wool now lets hope no injury curse for the finals this year

Reply #461563 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

With top spot secure could be worth giving bench players more time against Adelaide next week. Agree with Bol Bol try and preserve Martin in lead up to playoffs

Reply #461567 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Good point, Kobe. It's one I keep forgetting.

Reply #461582 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Those back to back drake uu threes blew that game open. Real turning point.

Norton looked very rusty.

Too many brainfarts and unforced turnovers. Pace had a couple of shockers.

Reply #461583 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rmember when people said Gibon>Damo?lol.

Reply #461637 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:33 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754