Anonymous
Years ago

NZ Breakers vs Melbourne Tigers

Half-time NZB lead 46-41

Topic #33907 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

At the end of the 3rd Breakers lead 67-53.

Reply #461498 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Melbourne 19 TOs lead NZB 5 TOs.

Wow, that's horrible Melbourne.

Reply #461499 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tigers up 75-72 with 5:00 to go!

Reply #461500 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Now 77-72, the Tigers have outscored the Breakers 24-5 in the 4th already.

Reply #461501 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tigers lead 86-75 with 1:19 to go.

Reply #461503 | Report this post

Jodiechrist  
Years ago

Reckon there could be more fouls in the final minutes?

Reply #461504 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Cue the 'Tigers are real contenders' comments...

Reply #461505 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Wtf just happened

Reply #461506 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

It was 33-5 at one stage that's unbelievable.

Reply #461507 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Wow!

I was ready to call out the Tigers for their effort for the first three quarters but that 4th quarter was as desperate, hungry and committed as I have ever seen them this season.

Anstey and co. will be stoked with tonight - Anstey can now rally his troops and say "look if we play out a full game, we can get the likes of Perth and ADL". I know it's a big IF though.

Goulding is a lock for Boomers IMO.

No-brainer for me. He is an unbelievable talent. People will say "but I bet he can't get those shots off at the WCs"...my answer to that is: he won't need to do as much dribbling and creating with Mills and Delly. But, even so he could still get those shots off because teams wouldn't scout as hard ( would still scout but wont know Goulding like NBL teams know him).

Reply #461508 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did Farrakhan get injured?

Reply #461513 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Unbelievable game, Goulding a lock for sure

Reply #461515 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Farrakhan = 1 import we won't see next season... Played under 8 minutes of court time for 4 turnovers and no other real stats but -8 DT points. Ouch

Anstey said "if you can't play defense then you can't play" so I guess that says it all really.

Sundays game will be so telling going forward as Tigers ridded themselves of one bogey and Violet Crumbles seem to be another for them...

Not sure what happened to Breakers except foul trouble killed them in the end

Reply #461517 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

Simple, clear the entire effin roster at NZ and the coach too. Keep only Mika, Abercrombie, Te Rangi and Big G. Bring back Penney, Cedric Jackson and a healthy Pledger and let Henare coach.

Reply #461527 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

On a side note, whilst we are praising Goulding..what a game by Te Rangi.

Couldn't believe he sat so much in the 4th.

He single-handedly orchestrated that 3rd quarter run only to watch the starters throw it all away in the 4th.

He did a bit of everything tonight and I noticed he played a lot at the 4 spot with Abercrombie at the 3 spot. Loved watching him as a pick and pop/roll to the basket type.

Reply #461531 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

I still can't believe that final quarter. Just bizarre.

Reply #461554 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

I agree Macdub, TeRangi was awesome. Relentless on the glass and that pass that went in off Tomlinsons hands was gold.

Reply #461569 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Incredible meltdown by NZ and turnaround from Melbourne. After traveling across for this game it was set up for a beauty with 5mins to go after a very entertaining first 35, but the Breakers don't have the heart of a successful team this year and that summed up their season.

Reply #461575 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:20 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754