skud
Years ago

Has Ennis done enough to get into the NBA??

I know he is already with Miami but has he done enough to get some court time with them. The guys a machine in the NBL but the NBA is a different level.
I think he has had more impact than Mills did to the Tigers and had a better stat line but I'm not sure he will be in the NBA next year.

Topic #33909 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

No

Reply #461545 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

I honestly don't think this NBL season is too relevant.

It'll just come down to how he goes in preseason tryouts.

Reply #461546 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree with Statsheet Stuffer.

Reply #461547 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

I don't think his game has improved from when he first got here to right now.

Reply #461548 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

I think it will come down to summer league and training camp.

Reply #461550 | Report this post

JD  
Years ago

Ennis is lazy IMO, doesn't do the hard things, just tries to put on a show

Reply #461558 | Report this post

cats 4 life  
Years ago

I think another season and he might have shot at the nba, for a 1st year pro and all the hype he has done an outstanding job so far, other than a few miss haps. He is young and learning as he goes, all in all think he is worth to see!!!!

Heard Perth might be in the hunt for Sam young???

Replace Young with Ennis?

Reply #461560 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

"I honestly don't think this NBL season is too relevant."
It may not play into Miami's decision-making, but you can certainly look at his performances to judge his ability, and whether it's sufficient for him to be likely to get a game. And given that he has a horribly slow release and no handle, I can't see it happening.

"Ennis is lazy IMO, doesn't do the hard things, just tries to put on a show"
His habit of letting guys go by him so he can try and poke the ball away from behind and get out on the break is beginning to really annoy me.

Reply #461564 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

No he hasn't improved at all since he first arrived here. Doesn't run hard in d trans and loses the handle too often. Sometimes im amazed how he even top scores in some games

Reply #461565 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

His jump shot seems to have gotten worse...

Reply #461566 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not even the best player on his team - no chance of NBA
Joe Ingles would carve him to pieces IMO
Ennis may go euro on hype alone but there is no substance to his game

Reply #461570 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Newley in his last NBL season was better/atleast as good as Ennis, and he was drafted in a similar spot and has never played a NBA game, so i dont personally see Ennis making the NBA.

Not a knock on him i have really enjoyed watching Ennis play and would love to see him play NBL for a number of years, but just dont see the NBA hype, i think i heard recently something like 10% of 2nd round draft picks have NBA careers, so unfortunately the odds are against Ennis being in the NBA, but should still have a awesome career in Aus/Aisia/Europe!

Reply #461578 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Definitely not.

Another season in the NBL is exactly what he needs IMO ;)

Reply #461587 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He has a great ability to accumulate points, but that's a more valuable skill in our high motion style than the more predictable NBA where there are less broken plays and more athletic players to cover them.

Reply #461591 | Report this post

Stevie Wonder  
Years ago

NO . his game is best suited for smaller leagues & smaller stadiums

Reply #461626 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

I think this year doesn't matter to Miami and they want to see him mature and grow as a person. Now lets talk about the most obvious flaw in the James Ennis package; the complete disdain he shows to opposition commentators that interview him after the game. I'm embarrassed watching him and yet he seems fine amongst his team mates and those commentators in Perth. Maybe he is shy but its definitely something I hope to see him improve.

I'd like wildcats.com.au do a piece about him during summer camp as I think we are all fascinated to see just how well he goes.

As for the Sam Young comment, first time I've heard that one and I was finding him fun to give heaps to but someone that lived on an air mattress in a gym so he could keep training when he wanted... Most definitely has my vote

Reply #461680 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

"Ennis is lazy IMO, doesn't do the hard things, just tries to put on a show"

So you are saying he is perfect for the NBA??

Isn't it called the "Big Show?"

Reply #462065 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Hell no

Reply #462608 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

I'd say he's a bit better than Shane Edwards, and he just got a gig.

Reply #462632 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has he done enough for NBL MVP?

Reply #462653 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

"Now lets talk about the most obvious flaw in the James Ennis package; the complete disdain he shows to opposition commentators that interview him after the game. I'm embarrassed watching him and yet he seems fine amongst his team mates and those commentators in Perth. Maybe he is shy but its definitely something I hope to see him improve."

He is a VERY shy person. Yes, he will need to improve on that but its easy to confuse shyness for arrogance.

Reply #462659 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He has shown he can hit the 3 which is important in Miami's scheme for spacing around Wade & Lebron.

He'll just need to prove he can defend either quicker guards or bigger forwards.

Once he does that, combined with his physcial tools he'll have a job in the league.

Reply #462660 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:17 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754