Jack Toft
Years ago

Sixers v Crocs 8th March

The Sixers host the Crocs on the second leg of their road trip from hell. Crocs are out of the finals, but they are refusing to go down quietly and are thrashing about in the muddy water looking for a wilderbeast. A great effort last night and they will be under the pump tonight due to timing. They arrive in Adelaide a few hours before tipoff. Jacob doesn't even have time to drop his smelling socks and jocks off to his mum for a wash! But, at least find time to catch up with her for a coffee before the game Jake.

With so much on in March, it’s time for fans to triage their diaries and get to the Arena. It will be the last time we see that Rusty Hinder, so make sure we give the 346 game veteran an extra clap tonight, perhaps even if he gets fouled out. I’m sure we’ll see more of Blanchfield next season. He has come alive this season and is one Croc the Sixers will need to tame. Markovic and Pace being the other crucial cogs in their machine.

The Sixers are finally punching at their weight this season and this game might be won in the front court tonight. I’m giving my kiss of death to the nimble DJ, who I think will frustrate the older and slower Crocs whom I expect will foul him on every move to the backet. I believe DJ should get another lazy 25 points, and probably got to the stripe half a dozen times.

A road trip like this is hard and I think Joey might just bring the house down when he gives a little nod to Doyley and Kyle the Surfer to run the game out.

Sixers.

Topic #33910 | Report this topic

Steven  
Years ago

Crocs on second leg of doomsday double probably won't get this one. Sixers by 8

Reply #461592 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

That alley to GE was NIIIIICE... Surprised that he didn't get a warning for hanging on the ring long past a safe time to hold on...

3mins to go in the 2nd and my primary thought is that it's nice that the local strip club has donated the "cheerleaders" tonight... lol...

Reply #461640 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Trust one of the worst shooting teams in the league to get super hot against the Crocs haha.

If Townsville doesn't want to bring it in the effort areas they may as well just stay at home and concede the forfeit.

Reply #461641 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

The 36ers have a 65 points in the first half at 63% shooting (25/40) for the first half and a 28 point lead at half time.

I know its Townsville on the second night of the Doomsday Double, but the Crocs did push Perth last night.

54% from beyond the 3 for the 36ers (7/13). Where has this form been lately?

Adelaide scored 37 in the second period. That's Townsville's first half score.....

Reply #461642 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Schensch seems to be winding up for finals.

Reply #461652 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Can anyone advise why Greg Vanderjagt wasn't playing or even on the bench? Did Townsville forget to do a head count and leave him in Perth.

Right, contact all your friends and tell them to triage their diary for next Friday night and again that last weekend in March. Oh and make sure you program the VHS to record next friday's game on that new channel 1 station with all that Yankee car racing in the morning.

Reply #461661 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Schedules that see teams play in Perth one night, a 3 hour flight to Adelaide with legs crammed in 6 inches of leg room in economy class the next day, and play again a few hours later should be banned. It is a huge disadvantage to the team.

Reply #461669 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

The Crocs arrived at 4 pm. They went straight to the Arena and hadn't even checked into their Hotel before the game.

Reply #461670 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Its been a while since a proper Doomsday Double has been played right? These days opponents play Perth on a Friday night, followed by Adelaide on Sunday, giving at least a full days rest. When was the last time an opponent played on back to back nights in Perth and Adelaide? A bit unfair on Townsville to get that type of road trip when no other team gets put through that (unless it has been done this season)

Reply #461674 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

You'd think for the sake of reducing flight hours, should do it Adelaide, then Perth, if you must do it with no rest day.

Reply #461675 | Report this post

bk  
Years ago

I haven't checked the other teams schedules but 6ers in round nine played townsville in townsville 6th of dec and cairns in cairns 7th of dec. Then round 18 played perth in perth 14th of feb and melbourne in melbourne 16th of feb. i know townsville to cairns isn't as far as perth to adelaide but it's still playing 1 day and then the day after travelling on the same day as you play. and i also know that we had a days break between perth and melbourne but that is a longer trip than perth to adelaide. i'm just pointing out that most teams probably have a weekend where they had to travel and back up with another game a day or two later so it probably evens out in the end. Anyway that was such a great game it was so enjoyable to watch and the crowd was really getting into it. i thought Erving played the best team game he has ever played for the 6ers and if can keep it up would love to keep him next season. Schensch had a great game tonight it's good how different players step up on different nights it makes it hard for other teams to scout our players

Reply #461676 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A great performance from the 36ers, been a long time but hopefully it gives the guys confidence going into the Perth game.

Reply #461677 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"When was the last time an opponent played on back to back nights in Perth and Adelaide?"

Seven years apparently.

Reply #461678 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Greg Vanderjagt withdrew through food poisoning. Moral of the story is never eat on an airline :p

Good to see the DP's get 5:39 each tonight, though going 0/6 between them wasn't the best. Still, who can blame them for putting up shots? Its not every week they get to play in the NBL. They aren't going to get anywhere fluffing around and being timid. It was also good to hear the reception they they both got when Joey subbed them in.

The old style Doomsday Double was a bit tough on the Crocs, but the league weren't to know that they'd be injury hit and have someone else out being sick when they scheduled this weekend. But, as bad as it was for the Crocs, spare a thought for the guys who did it back in the 1980's. I can recall in the mid-80's some Melbourne teams having a home game on the Friday night, Adelaide on Saturday and Perth on the Sunday. 3 games in 3 days, and that was when games were 48 minutes each, not 40.

A good win. Now we just need to back it up next Friday night in front of what will hopefully be our first full house since Brett Maher got his name on the court.

Reply #461679 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Lets call a spade a spade that was a flogging but the commentary was so bland and boring. They got excited over the Ervin dunk but not much else and I nearly fell asleep several times (no I wasn't wearing a Crocs uniform tonight).

I know some didn't like Bill Woods/Carfino commentary the other week but I love excited commentators and NBL.tv has such reserved callers and Sapwell and Tom weren't trying very hard to keep the viewer watching after half time.

Bad luck Townsville, I hope Djeric's baptism of fire starting with basically 3 other guards fast tracks his development otherwise Holmes should be starting. Conklin for all his inconsistencies was really missed this weekend.

Well done Adelaide, I wonder if Joey was a bit unhappy about such an easy win heading into the top of the table clash on 'international Steak and Blowjob Day'

Reply #461682 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

Felt for Crocs, bottom team that has beaten everyone, Down players throughout the season. Loved their game V Perth last night and felt Perth had a few calls their way mid last half that unsettled them along with the amazing Damo. Crocs would have been exhausted and down Vander and Conklin, and I believe others had strains etc, so a team with some bad luck but show loads of heart and promise with bench players like Kelly with exciting prospects. Good luck to them for next season, I'll watch with interest and hope they can pull it together with a better run and luck. Good to see why Joey has loaded the team with guards. Hope they can hustle like that next week V Perth and shoot the lights out on the perimeter. Still miss Frye but Carters hustle and shots were refreshing, a few crazy passes but obviously planned and receiver out of position or Crocs Defence clever.

Reply #461688 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Seven years! Cheers anon.

Reply #461697 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

Gary Ervin's dunk (wont let me link it for some reason.. Isaac?)

https://www.facebook.com/andthefoulnet/posts/754576031222326

Reply #461755 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Funny if Ervin DJ and Gibson played 30odd minutes and the DPs didn't play, Be a pretty big score. 140 or so

Reply #461844 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

I would be very surprised if Adelaide doesn't hand Perth a thrashing this coming weekend. Gleeson has already mooted that rest, experimentation and bulk minutes into the backups like U'u and Burdon are in the offing. I think especially if the game gets fiery he won't risk the starters much. Winning form is good form, but important not to do anything self-destructive over a dead rubber.

Reply #461851 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

On paper a top of the table clash would normally generate alot of hype but as Nathan pointed out it's a dead rubber and a good chance for both teams to play benches more.
Adelaide should win at home.

Reply #461853 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

YES. We gave Schenscher and BJ a good run. Creek played the teams most minutes and we rested the big guns.

Reply #461854 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doomsday Double was Perth first as Ten/One wanted the Friday night live out of the west. Schedule will always depend on broadcaster wishes.

Reply #461893 | Report this post

crocadoodledoo  
Years ago

Gotta say, hats off to the sixers announcer too... Gettin a nice round of applause going for Hinder as he subbed back in with a few minutes left. been a real character of our game has Russ and will be missed... dont have players like him in the NBL much these days. Thanks for that, im sure he appreciated it!!

Reply #462088 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

That was a nice touch. I think he will finish his career on 349 games (?) Love him or loathe him, you don't get many like that kicking around the place.

Reply #462108 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:22 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754