Isaac
Years ago

Hawks vs Taipans, Mar 8

Critical for both teams. Hawks are winning and other results are going their way, but it would only take a loss here to disrupt them. Taipans will be even more desperate. Tips?

Topic #33914 | Report this topic

fletch  
Years ago

Hawks by 4. But it wil be close into the final minutes. Taipans will be desperate and should have the height advantage at most positions

Reply #461611 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

The away team seemed to win almost all of these clashes in thrillers. Should be another great game, Hawks in form and Cairns usually very tough on the road. Wilson/Gliddon/McCamey v Clarke & Martin should be a treat.

Reply #461615 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Hawks by 3.

Reply #461617 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

An absolutely feast for basketball fans. Cairns in battle with the Crocs for the spoon, Hawks in battle with the Kings for 4th.

The Hawks have won their last 5 and are hotter than a Norwegian backpacker in a bikini. They play better at home, but the Taipans play better away. My score predictor is leaning slightly towards the Hawks. You would think that the Red Fox would be able to outplay Fearne any day.

Whoooosh! Did you hear and see that? That was the Taipans throwing caution into the wind. No easy game here for the Hawks with every thing pointing to a possible OT scenario. 5 wins in a row means you can usually count those wins on a single hand, you can't usually count 6 wins in a row on a single hand unless you're from Towitta.

I think this will get down to the last play with a Rotnei Clark miracle play showing why Isaac has him down for MVP.

Reply #461620 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

If the Taipans lose, I hope it's by 50.

The only chance they will have of winning is by increasing tempo. Please run. Fast. Please.

Reply #461621 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Cairns are paying $2.60 if you're keen, but keep in mind that I've already jinxed them with that bet.

Reply #461628 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

I got in for the over 162.5 total. Last time I checked it was 165.0, so obviously others feel a high scoring one.

But the way my luck is going recently, it'll probably be a 68-63 type of game.

Reply #461630 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

On their recent form you would think the Hawks get this game . A loss here combine with the Kings winning tomorrow makes things extremely difficult. If the opposite happens the Hawks are in 4th place and possibly only need a win over the Kings at home in the last round to hold that spot. The key to this game is holding Wilson. As he goes so do the Snakes on most occasions.

Reply #461633 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Yeah...this is going to be an ugly one for Cairns tonight

Reply #461634 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Fearne is absolutely punking us...

Wilson starts, gets nine of the Taipans first 12 points and the team is up 12-6.

Oh hey let's take him off! Sounds like a good idea!

Reply #461635 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

One could ask why it took Fearne so long to change Wilson back to the starting role.

Gordie goes into a box(diamond) and 1 to try and contain Jamar but still can't shut him down.

Reply #461636 | Report this post

FTW  
Years ago

Was Wilson injured in the last qtr? I was following live stats and saw he was subbed at 9min mark. Didn't see the game so wasn't sure if he was hurt.

Reply #461653 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Hurt his knee in third quarter.

Reply #461658 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

As good as the Hawks have been of late they were very poor tonight. Final score really flattered them. I guess it was inevitable as any team that is off their game will get punished on most nights in this league. Rotnei and Oscar missing plenty of open threes that they normally knock down at a high percentage. Gliddon on the other hand was 5/6 from deep.

Wilson picked up an injury in the 3rd but by that time the Snake had enough of a buffer to get them home despite the Hawks furious last quarter.

Let's hope the Tigers do the job against the Kings tomorrow.

Reply #461659 | Report this post

FTW  
Years ago

Cheers for info. A good opportunity for some of younger Cairns guys to experience closing out a game, although got a bit close at the end for my liking!

Reply #461660 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

I know this is ridiculous but with this result Breakers remain alive!

Reply #461662 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Sorry mate, that's just the corpse twitching.

Reply #461663 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

Just keep the life support machine on until you beat the Kings next round. After that pull the fkn plug.

Reply #461665 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gliddon 23 points on 8/9 shooting including 5/6 threes. Great game for him.

Reply #461738 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hawks still the form team in my eyes. Had a flat half where Taipans also shot the lights out. But what a comeback ruined by playing 40 not 48mins. 40mins eliminates epic comeback results.

Reply #461892 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:06 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754