Charlie
Years ago

Topp leaves Pakenham

So 'rumour' has it that coach and captain had a huge falling out based on the coach insisting that they needed to recruit more players but Toppy believed that they should look within. This then had the coach spoke not so kindly about players behind their backs as he deems them not good enough to get it done in the league despite telling them all to their faces they are the best in Divy 2

Toppy is a man of integrity and didnt want to have anything to do with it.

Topic #33935 | Report this topic

Happy Days  
Years ago

Honesty and Integrity. Theres plenty of people out there that dont know the meaning of those words.

Reply #462236 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Wow....crisis at the local domestic comp!!!

Reply #462240 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ha ha ha where is all the chest beating now. Sinking ship Ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun

Reply #462241 | Report this post

Ashke  
Years ago

But i thought he was "mentally fatigued"...... Are you telling me the media release was incorrect, and that the spin doctor was back at it?

Reply #462243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Players leave all the time 6 days out from the season just because they are tired don`t they?

Reply #462244 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Whats happened to the Goat Doctor??? Missing in Action...

Reply #462246 | Report this post

FreeRun  
Years ago

Goat Doctor must have gone into hiding... but wait I thought they were the most up and coming club in Victoria?
someone was a bit early on their call

Reply #462253 | Report this post

!  
Years ago

This is hilarious. Maybe their new recruit was the cause. Now Rodgers can go and recruit who ever he wants. My money is on a press release in the next 3 minutes introducing their new recruits lol

People spent all of last year telling them to develop their own as opposed to buying a championship. You would hope lesson learnt.

Reply #462261 | Report this post

FreeRun  
Years ago

personally I think they should throw some money into their juniors and not just try build the seniors. Just a thought

Reply #462263 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Less than Div 1 is a waste of time and is purely revenue raising for Big V. No different to the VJBL and the numerous divisions. Pakey need a 3-5 year plan and come through Youth League, spend the money on good quality coaches in there juniors and to stop throwing it down the toilet in div2

Reply #462270 | Report this post

FreeRun  
Years ago

I agree, the likes of Chelsea/Frankston/Casey/Mornington/Dandenong or any other club in the area have youth league teams for the younger players to filter into before going into the senior ranks, whereas I believe its an u18's player getting a gig for pakky... By all means the boy can play and shoot the ball but still massively undersized in a rough D2M comp as he is 5'5 on a good day,
they need to look at getting a youth in so these boys can get that experience and the club can build rather than all in focus on D2M

Reply #462273 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Last two posts hit the nail on the head:junior development, quality coaching and a long term vision.

Reply #462274 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:16 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754