Wilson Sting
Years ago

Jamar Wilson in beast mode

http://www.cairnspost.com.au/sport/local-sport/taipans-jamar-wilson-in-beast-mode-for-finale/story-fnjpuwsz-1226853373988

Are you allowed to say that about yourself, being in beast mode?

Topic #33945 | Report this topic

T  
Years ago

Enough, alright. I could accept Patty being activated but now it's just getting silly ...

Reply #462440 | Report this post

FTW  
Years ago

Jamar seems like such a class act, a true pro who's extremely media savvy and just knows the right things to say.
It's a shame he's been treated the way he has this season. The Snakes won't know what they had until next season, when he's gone.

Reply #462448 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Patty is the original Beast. Speaking of Patty -another team high today. Nice Patty Nice.

Reply #462456 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Cairns don't pick him up, I hope theres a spot somewhere in the NBL.

Reply #462460 | Report this post

Fair enough to say Jamaar is in beast mode.
Patty is always in Beast Mode and sometimes with a !! on the end of it.
It is so much better with the capital letters and exclamation mark - about 5 levels up.

Now next year Patty will probably be in BEAST MODE!!!! which is at a whole new level.

In 3 years we might even have to have a bigger font size and underlining in this forum to show how great he is.

Reply #462550 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Jamar is a quality player in the NBL if cairns don't keep him he'd be a great fit for plenty of other teams.

Reply #462555 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

The above said its been a tough year in Cairns...what happened to Tragardh? did a hammy then hasn't been seen for like 10 weeks!

Reply #462556 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tragardh was ligaments in his ankle. Wilson will be naturalised soon, Cairns would be crazy not to keep him.

Reply #462557 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not a fan, very out of control volume shooter, never seen a driving lane he didnt like. Oh and his team are shit.

Reply #462564 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

I would be happy with Wilson as a natural, but I think his days as an import are numbered. I may sound cynical but doesn't anyone else find it coincidental his recent run of good form has happened as his contract is drawing to a close?

Reply #462583 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Or when he's been given a chance to play his natural style? I understand Fearne trialing him off the bench, but that experiment should have ended well before they lost seven straight early in the season.

Reply #462587 | Report this post

FTW  
Years ago

Nothing to do with his contract, everything to do with him making a statement after being publicly, and unfairly, called out by his coach after having been wrongly utilised for the first 20 rounds of the season.

Some players are suited to the "sparkplug of the bench" role, but Wilson's not. He should have started all season in a role which has seen him be club MVP twice and league MVP runner-up. It's nuts that it took so long to realise the experiment wasn't working.

Wilson for Ervin at Sixers next season.

Reply #462592 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

OMG how can Jamar Wilson be in best mode that is Patty's mode. Wah wah wah you are all hating on Mills.

Reply #462605 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

beast obviously

Reply #462606 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Would be a while before he got Australian citizenship i would of thought.

Reply #462631 | Report this post

King Podge  
Years ago

completely discount the couple of great games and majority of solid games he had coming off the bench.

The 'starting' issue is a Strawman argument.

"It's not so important who starts the game but who finishes it." - John Wooden

Reply #462636 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

It's most important that the team wins.

Reply #462638 | Report this post

King Podge  
Years ago

No doubt - but Wilson starting/coming off the bench hasn't been the reason why we lost 15 games this season.

No problem is ever that simple.

Reply #462644 | Report this post

FTW  
Years ago

Not the sole reason, no. But certainly a contributing factor.
To dismiss it outright as a non-factor would be ignorant.

Reply #462646 | Report this post

King Podge  
Years ago

Well call me ignorant then - it hasn't been a factor. FTW i'm starting to wonder if you actually watch any of the Taipans games...................

Reply #462663 | Report this post

FTW  
Years ago

Seen them all mate, from day one of the Taipans. Foundation member too if it means anything.

I stand by what I've said - not starting Wilson this season has been a contributing factor to their lack of success this season. It's an experiment that didn't work and took Fearne far too long to change.

Reply #462670 | Report this post

King Podge  
Years ago

well I've been there since day one as well brother, guess we just perceive things a different way - unless you're getting stuck into the rum and cokes too much:)

Reply #462717 | Report this post

FTW  
Years ago

Rum and cokes??!! White cans only mate! I guess we do see things from a different perspective :)

Reply #462807 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Am I the only sober Taipans supporter?

Reply #462816 | Report this post

King Podge  
Years ago

haha probably Statsheet :)

Reply #462823 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Yeah, sorry SS. It was Guinness for me last night at PJ's.

Wilson is just a pawn in Fearne's game. We all know (and most of us agree) that he (Fearne) needs to go before we start having too much of a dig at the players.

Reply #462824 | Report this post

FTW  
Years ago

I'm sober now. Does that count?

Reply #462827 | Report this post

King Podge  
Years ago

'most of us agree'

I think i'm going to need another drink before we get into that again.... *sigh*

Reply #462828 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

I added the 'most of us' just for you KP :)

Reply #462829 | Report this post

CT  
Years ago

Frustrating player. Had a all of last year with a team basically built around him and it never really came off. Can't blame a coach fro trying something different. When he's on he's great but he also picked up a nasty habit of trying to do it all alone which a few months on the bench has cured him of.

Bear in mind that he also went into this season with an injury he was still recovering from (which meant he wasn't a big part of pre-season training). The man and his wife also had their first baby in August. Taking this into account starting him from the bench seemed kind of logical, at least until Gliddon and then Tragardh got injured, at which point he should've been pushed back into it.

Reply #462942 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also that cairns only spend 850,000 of the 1mil Salary and that nakes a mammoth difference

Reply #462956 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:26 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754