bowtie
Years ago

Any Stats ANYWHERE for Breakers/Kings Game?

This is super bad even for the NBL.
Apart from reading TO's were 7 to 29 (Kings I guess) anything else anywhere?

Topic #33948 | Report this topic

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Nbl facebook update says NZB up by 4 at the half, with Gary Wilkinson chipping in 18 points.

It's simply not good enough to be having the same technical issues with the live stats this late in the season.

Reply #462509 | Report this post

bowtie  
Years ago

Game is finished.
No BOXSCORE anywhere.
Kings Twitter was as good as I could get.
Not a lot of tweets tho.

Reply #462510 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

New Zealand Breakers 106 (Wilkinson 30, Bruton 14, Abercrombie 14)
Sydney Kings 78 (Ogilvy 25, Young 24, Madgen 13)

Reply #462513 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone see the game, i noticed Ogilvy had 25 pts, is that a result of them having Sanders back at PG, Ogilvy was scoring very well early in the season

Reply #462516 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anyone who still believes Heal can coach needs his head examined - or better still, watch the replay of that atrocity to see a team that is ill-prepared and a rabble right now. I feel for Kings fans because that was a shambles. That team folds like a cheap suit when the pressure is on. No fight, no desire, no hunger. Reckon the Sixers will kill them on Sunday.

Reply #462517 | Report this post

bowtie  
Years ago

BOXSCORE please, got the scorers.

Reply #462518 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Read the scorers. 3 Kings players had 62 points of 78.

Reply #462519 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

MM's report
http://www.sydneykings.com/article/id/1b6p3yub9j5uk175r0h5blazyu

Reply #462523 | Report this post

bowtie  
Years ago

An NBL game report without stats.

Reply #462524 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Email them with your complaint.

Reply #462528 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.fibalivestats.com/matches/1329/09/25/98/86Y4ZT2ko81vc/

Reply #462531 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wilkinson was good.

Garlepp, Sanders, Harvey & Ellis not so much

Reply #462532 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Gave up on nbl website a long time ago.
Sydney a shambles but still in the fight for playoffs!

Reply #462534 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon #462531 thanks. How do I go about viewing other NBL games via the FIBA LiveStats website as I prefer it over the nbl.com.au formatting. Much appreciated.

Reply #462536 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL forced the stats to be embedded within nbl.com.au so they at season end can pat themselves on the back at how many page hits the website has received. Due to this as fans we suffer by being without access to the far superior FIBA LiveStats website.

Reply #462537 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There has been problems with the nbl match centre all season.

Tonight I wanted to check Cody Ellis' 3pt shooting figures for the year and clicked here;

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/comp_info.cgi?c=0-189-0-276108-0&pool=-1&round=0&a=STATS

There was the livstats option on the right hand side of this page with the link I posted

Not sure if it is there every game, although I will need to keep checking as I'm sure the nbl matchcentre will keep dropping out.

Reply #462539 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

I was keen on Jesse Sanders stats. 0 - 3 now with him back. Hammer will be spewing with this. Maybe he was right the first time?

Reply #462542 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Changes are hard. The good teams don't have to deal with them (Perth, only Knight in and out).

The Kings now have 1 player in the starting 5 that can make a 3pt shot.

Teams just really pack the paint against them.

The tigers at one point last week were playing a 2-3 zone with 5 players almost not leaving the key. It was like a domestic game, yet effective against the Kings.

The scouting report on Sanders is out that you can just sag off him, and he can't really create when teams do it.

Reply #462543 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

According to the link above^ sam young had 6 fouls (in the pf column)???

Reply #462545 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

FB apology from the NBL for the box score problem.

box scores here
http://www.fibalivestats.com/matches/1329/09/25/98/86Y4ZT2ko81vc/

Reply #462562 | Report this post

Stevie Wonder  
Years ago

how good was cj
and johnson with 10 assists

Reply #462577 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#462539 yes but can you view that boxscore live during the game or is it published after?

Reply #462600 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Even the FIBA link is missing a point and six seconds. Woeful.

Reply #462601 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

CJ was great, getting to the rim and dropping bombs from outside and Kerron Johnson was awesome.

Reply #462622 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I wonder if some of their problems with livestats not showing are due to timezones and the way their site has been built?

The little display slider at the top uses Unix time to calculate when a game has started or is due to finish. Until it's started, they show a preview and ticket link. Then it becomes a stats link, etc. Could they or stats people be setting up times and timezones incorrectly?

Reply #462627 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Isaac - earlier in the season, I had instances where NBL livestats were working and in the "Game Summary" view. When I selected the "Boxscore" view it reverted to 0-0 and showing teh game preview. I'd shut down teh browser and navigate back to teh site and could only get the 0-0 preview view. Being masochistic, I'd try different ways to get the livestats back and eventually got it. Then I'd try to view "Boxscore" view and lose it again. This happened on several games across several rounds. That seemed unlikely to be a timezone set-up issue but I'm not a web designer.

Since early in the season though, it's been more like the NZ-Sydney game. Livestats just doesn;t get out of preview view after teh game starts. I gave up on it several rounds back.

To the anonymous poster from earlier, the site has been problematic since November 2012. i.e., midway through the 2012-13 season is when the problems with Livestats, misdirected links on the NBL site and various other disasters appeared. This was when NBL revamped the web site.

Reply #462634 | Report this post

bowtie  
Years ago

My problems identical to PeterJohn's.
I tried most of the other ways to get stats back also.

Reply #462637 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

It was because G.Wilk jumped on the stats guys computer chasing a lose ball ;)

Reply #462648 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

isaac good point about timezones. I find it laughable in this day and age of web design which you are familiar with that they can't detect the users timezone and show the relevant times. Instead everything is shown in local tipoff time ranging from GMT +13 in Auckland to GMT + 8 in Perth and leaves it up to the user to figure out how that translates to their local time.

Reply #462651 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Breakers doubled everytime AJ Ogilvy caught the ball in the post and forced him out as much as possible but everytime he got a deep seal he was automatic. He had a great clean block on Abercrombie and snagged a few offensive rebounds and tip ins.
NZ pressured Sydney just as they did when Carmouche ran the point and even caused a 5 second call when James Harvey failed to inbound the ball.
Garlapp played some pretty solid D all night although CJ suckered him a few times with his shot fake but most of the league has fallen for it at some point or another.
Wilkinson just picked his poison depending on who was guarding him. Shot the lights out from outside and then put the spin cycle on Sydney.

Another great game for TeRangi.

Reply #462657 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:18 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754