skiny
Years ago

Basketball players need to work out more

Come on guys,are bball players working out?they are so unconditioned.hzvent seen a tricep yet?fark.

Topic #33954 | Report this topic

skiny  
Years ago

schenser. my god lift a weight ffs.

Reply #462704 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

It's basketball skiny not rugby.
Not every 7footer built like Shaq.

Reply #462708 | Report this post

skiny  
Years ago

na 2 fn s,i y

Reply #462722 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

nbl players are lazy.

go watch other leagues like NBA for muscle in basketball

Reply #462727 | Report this post

skiny  
Years ago

nba r pussys 2

Reply #462738 | Report this post

skiny  
Years ago

2 hard

Reply #462739 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lulz

Reply #462741 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

Skinny do you even lift bro!

Reply #462744 | Report this post

I thought skinny might be a steroid munching huge man but Melbourne boy is obviously soooo much better. You can see how huge he is by his tough response, just oozing with steroids (or peptides if he is really Essendon boy)

Reply #462752 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lamest thread I have seen in a while.

Reply #462755 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

There is actual merit to this topic, specifically in Australia, despite it being originated by a troglodytic halfwit...

Reply #462770 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Don't need to be muscly.

The skinny build is great for basketball (KD) - provided you have at least good core strength

The problem with the NBL is that players are skinny fat (Wortho).

They don't have muscle and their BF % is too high.

But some NBL players clearly take nutrition seriously (because having a cut figure is 90% diet i kid you not):

Creek, Abercrombie, L.Walker, White, Madgen

Reply #462775 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL players aren't trying to cut up though to have everyone mirin at music festivals.

Wortho has that old man strength, he doesn't need tricep definition.

Reply #462786 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

While sifting through all the spam it is a good topic.

Its not obvious in the NBL but traditionally when we get to the worlds and Olympics it becomes obvious we're not in the gym enough and struggle against bigger more muscular opposition. We get out muscled and bodied buy bigger athletes.

Reply #462794 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

GRUBER

Reply #462802 | Report this post

Anonas  
Years ago

pls dont compare NBA with NBL lifestyle. while NBA players has far more money but NBL has more natural lifestyles.
speaking of basketball players' conditioning. its confusing as why the thread starter was specifically concern of triceps. i once played against a body builder and all he do is harass me with his muscles, bumping thumping me

Reply #462818 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If we want to win at International level we need to be developing NBA std athletes, the reason our girls do so well internationally is because not only are they as skilled as the rest of the world they are as physically big and strong and anyone else in the world.

Our men simply aren't.

Reply #462820 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think Baynes could throw you from the free line into the hoop.

#weightroom

Reply #462821 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

We need more big athletic 3/4/5's.

Lebron would bench our entire Boomer squad.

Reply #462822 | Report this post

Stevie Wonder  
Years ago

Lucas Walker & Casey Frank will disagree with you
they have guns

Reply #462831 | Report this post

Stevie Wonder  
Years ago

lol @ skinny fat hahahahahaaa

Reply #462832 | Report this post

Stevie Wonder  
Years ago

the difference between the nba & nbl is body fat & training

they have guys 6-6"6 ft weighing between 75kgs & 100kgs

i believe thomas abercrombie is 6ft6 and 88-90kilos

nba body fat percentages are crazy . between 4% - 15%
barr big baby davis , zeebo & perkins

Reply #462833 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Anonas,

I hope yout not implying that NBL players cant have similar body compositions because they dont earn anywhere near as much

Doesn't take money to get in shape. Just discipline.

The college system develops athletes in terms of their nutritional educational.

Ask all the college athletes..coaches ban their players from having soda (not saying I agree with that but still shows you the discipline they need).

And Lol @ the suggestion that Wortho is strong.

He is unfit and lacks strength

Reply #462835 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The "soft" look of most NBL players is quite embarrassing, hit the gym boys, wortho looks like he'd struggle to bench the bar, sensational player, imagine how much better he'd be with some muscle and strength...

The culture needs to change.

Reply #462837 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

http://www.tigers.com.au/di/library/melbourne_tigers/3f/20/lucas-walker_c1pnzg1wrr011vsxfwr50vysn.jpg?t=1242456010&quality=90

Beast!

Reply #462838 | Report this post

Lucas000  
Years ago

Personally I do not like the lack of triceps also. It would be great to see more biceps and triceps especially with definition and I do love seeing some glutes on a body but you just don't see that in bball because of the uniform. Lately I have been watching the glutes in the AFL and they are so good.

Reply #462839 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Come on guys. Are forum posters learning punctuation, grammar, and sentence structure?

Reply #462840 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

^Too busy gettin' huge, mate.

Reply #462841 | Report this post

Salad boy  
Years ago

This thread........

Reply #462843 | Report this post

Anonas  
Years ago

MACDUB,

nothing to do with money. just simple but stable living. aussie style no worries.

well, Australian is in top level too when it comes to fitness regime and technology.

Reply #462864 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah L. Walker has some guns but talk about whitebread. Really needs to go get a tan.

Reply #462897 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This thread is disgraceful.. Since when does body image have anything to do with being able to ball? And to say we are out-muscled by International standards, have you seen European teams lately? Or for the last 25 years? Strong, wiry, athletic and smart. That's what makes a baller, not biceps..

And I agree with anon that people need to learn some spelling and grammar. It makes some threads unreadable.

Reply #463036 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In my experience, women like muscles. Anyone ever noticed that? I have.

Reply #463058 | Report this post

bowtie  
Years ago

All NBL clubs have weight/body building programmes.
They are like chalk and cheese.
The guys running them are volunteers/students to people wanting to add national level teams to their resume.
Perth Wildcats have the only full time, fully qualified fitness and conditioning guy....
like most other programmes, they are the best.

Reply #463484 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Such a generalisation, this thread has some shocking comments. Do all big NBA players have guns, seriously?

Dirk Nowitzki is an all star, don't see him needing to look like Dwight Howard do we?

What about Anthony Davis, do we sacrifice his athleticism and all court ability to plonk him in the post and play like the Shak?

Basketball players at the semi-pro and professional level here may be perceived to look slightly less beefed up than those in the NBA on average, but they work out, lots of them do and they do it several times a week.

What they don't do is sacrifice their game to try and be something they can't be or be something they shouldn't be...

Reply #463518 | Report this post

The Rock  
Years ago

IMO the op just wants the strength & fitness standards to lift in the NBL .
what i find annoying are the plentyfull 7footers we have here that cant bloody do a simple hook shot or have any sort of footwork in the post. alls well and your tall and everything but they flop around going for rebounds.
very impresssed with Ogilvy , Jervis , Morrison this year

Reply #463597 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:14 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754