mick
Years ago

BNSW Metro League Round 2

Thought I'd start the topic early. Watched Sutherland 16W2 spank Comets. Was only a good game if you supported the sharks.

Topic #33962 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norths 18m grind out good win vs bruins
14m some called bruins the favourites, Norths handled them relatively easily!
16m bruins definitely favourites after taking care of Norths easily

Reply #462953 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

16m Bruins winning easily? I was watching that game and the Bruins played terrible. They are just lucky they have depth because in my opinion Shant was the better coach.

Reply #462980 | Report this post

Blue&True  
Years ago

I happened to watch the 16M1 game after my girls played, and I was sitting next to a few coaches who likened Shant to Jerry Tarkanian calling him 'Shant the Shark' and compared a young Harry Lidbetter to Chris Herren (minus the drugs).

Reply #462984 | Report this post

BigReuben  
Years ago

Does anyone know if the Bankstown 16M1 coach used to play a role on 'Saved by the Bell'?
http://tinyurl.com/mp583tx

Reply #462985 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

haha BigReuben good call. I was looking at that too and was more thinking Mr Shue from Glee

Reply #462990 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What were the other results around the league? How did Hill 18m go?

Any upsets or bad play? Herd a few Norths players got tech fouls last weekend. Undisciplined?

Reply #462991 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Penrith accounted for Hornsby in 18M1
Manly got Hills by 6 in 16M1
Hills beat Blacktown by 1 on FTs with 0.6 left.

Reply #462992 | Report this post

mick  
Years ago

Sutherland spanked Comets in the 18M, or so I heard (I wasn't there.)

Reply #463056 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norths over bankstown
Hills over blacktown
Penrith over Hornsby
Sutherland over comets
In 18m1

Reply #463068 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I watched the 16M1 Norths v Bankstown game. Norths got pumped. Down 30 at the end of the 3rd quarter before their coach gave up. The player's kept their heads up and got it to within 10 - if the coach didn't give up then maybe they would've had a shot.

The anon ^ who says that the Bruins played terribly clearly didn't watch the game. It was a 20-point game throughout, B'town dominated them.

The Norths U16M1 team is quite weak. Their div 2 team could probably beat them

Reply #463071 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Here here to last post.

Reply #463088 | Report this post

NSW  
Years ago

What players do most of the damage now for Blacktown in 18M1, given that Deng Gak is now at Centre of Excellence?

Reply #463107 | Report this post

Goblin752  
Years ago

Deng Gak was average even when he played at Blacktown.
He put out minimal damage, I believe his selection is purely based on potential.

Reply #463157 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@Goblin752 - agree completely. Watched him at Metro League and at State last season and he was average at best. Has loads of potential but I don't really think CoE spots should be granted on potential alone. All the best to him though.

Reply #463158 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bankstown 14 men favourites?

they're dead last!

Reply #463271 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Great looking back on this, haha... sure many people doubted that the perennial underachievers at Norths wouldn't be leading in the mens u14 and u18.
Interesting to see an u18 NSW metro outfit get dominated at state champs like they did with no Norths players. A team that is currently 13-0 heading into the last round, four games ahead of second place. Some of those players were robbed of state team positions, and now they are laughing at the entire system. Pity for them, but they're now showing the league up!! Gotta love the underdogs!

Reply #480274 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Extreemly tight race for 2nd (nationals spot) in the 14s, who will it be? Top 4 play each other

Reply #480301 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:07 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754