anonymous
Years ago

Did Marion stadium plans just get shelved?

Did South Adelaide pinning its stadium hopes to the Liberals winning the state election just die on Saturday night?
http://www.basketballsa.com.au/index.php?id=62&tx_ttnews%5Btt_news%5D=915&cHash=d3dc65f386

Did someone at panthers think they had a sure bet and just lost the lot? Was anyone taking a risk management view and thought to court both sides of state politics and the federal member Southcot?

Topic #33966 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

The text seems to imply that they had spoken with anyone who could potentially support it:

Basketball SA CEO Mark Hubbard said "Basketball SA has been working with all levels of government for the past 3 years on the Marion Sports and Community Club Master Plan.
And it might've only been that one side was willing to make a commitment at that point.

I think your title is a valid question, but the inference of the body text is less helpful.

Reply #463015 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

All depends who wins the election. In Ballarat they were going to build an AFL quality stadium but when Labor lost so went the funding.

Reply #463019 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

council had these plans tabled long ago and ongoing so I would 't worry. it may mean less courts as it is part of community facility and extra courts were always considered if not in first build but as later extension. marion council dynamic, got aquatic centre, big Westfield industry rates income so sit back and be patient.

Reply #463020 | Report this post

Dr6  
Years ago

Can we get a 14 court airconditioned stadium in Port Pirie with the balance to power? :)

Reply #463028 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

From what I heard on the weekend both parties have agreed to the plans.

Reply #463045 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Panther that was my understanding too.

Hence why I was so shocked to see the announcement the other day with Basketball SA providing what was really a Liberal endorsement.

If both sides have agreed to the plans it's really bad strategy on Basketball SA’s part (and the 36ers too, getting DJ in shot).

If not I’ll take that all back.

Reply #463065 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I said that when the muppets started saying vote for who ever. The Marion Council will get it done lucky for BSA who will ride the coat tails..

Reply #463069 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As usual the anons have no idea how anything works.

Reply #463082 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ Do elaborate Anon

Reply #463085 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:01 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754