What the
Years ago

Southern Under 18 Girls walkout

Whats going on up the hill. I am told 4 players and the coach asked for clearances over the weekend and maybe more to follow.

Is this the fallout from Leighs and the Tigers team behavior against Stana from the ABA preseason tournament?

Topic #33969 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes, when u have committee members whose owns kids arent playing at the club because of LS something is seriously wrong.

The club needs to bite the bullett and remove this cancer from the club.

Reply #463067 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seriously, get a life. It's so obvious who is writing this. We all know who you are. Just stop, your making yourself look silly

Reply #463079 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Everyone at the tigers knows who is writing this, what needs to be asked is how does a junior development officer keep his job when he has put in a clearance request for both his daughters?

Because the committee member whose daughter has left the club wants the JDO to be the ABA coach so he will give his little darling a game, even though she is out of her depth!

The real question is how are these two people still at the club! 1 is there as no one will put their hand up for the committee as they can't be bothered dealing with him!

What other club would allow people with kids at other clubs to remain in such positions?

Reply #463089 | Report this post

Would anyone want to get involved with this rabble.
Surely no coach from a successful program would want to put up with this sort of garbage, even if they provided all the iced coffees for free

Reply #463091 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is the coaching director @ southern?

Reply #463095 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not yet, don't have anyone the junior Vice President is comfortable will look after his son

Reply #463100 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dean Nyberg ?????

Reply #463101 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have been informed that a prominent coach from Sturt has been appointed and will be announced shortly.

Reply #463121 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hope for his sake the junior Vice President is removed before he starts

Reply #463123 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is the JVP?

Reply #463138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Funny that some of the same people involved were at north last year and the same thing happened

Reply #463163 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What do you mean by that statement above. Are you say these people who had a go at the kids came from North? Not sure of any coaches moving to Tigers from North

Reply #463187 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2 former north players walked out on north went to southern, same 2 players have done the same thing 12 months later, southern to west, they will be at Centrals next year

Reply #463188 | Report this post

Disgusted  
Years ago

Unbelievable !!! The mentality of people
Stop the trash talk get on with your lives, show some maturity
Leigh Scott is a legend, has created an interest in an otherwise boring sport Girls basketball
He pulls no punches, speaks his mind and if you have been on the wrong side of that too bad you probably deserved it !!!
Move to your different clubs in search of fantasy, but don't lose touch with reality in your journey!
Don't burn your bridges move on with maturity and stop slagging off at people and clubs and anyone else on here who is slagging Leigh is still at tigers if your not happy move on , or sit out in another div for a season or 2
Leigh Scott for premier!!! If anyone can create this much interest over a game of basketball imagine what he could do for our state !!
No I'm not Leigh , his wife or his mum I'm just an observer who can't believe the comments being posted on an open forum and I'm really looking forward to reading the on going saga once court orders are given and ip addresses are exposed and people are in court for slander !!!!
Let the games begin , let kids play sport and let ugly parents rot in jail
Keep politics out of sport at all levels form kids to Olympics and at all clubs!!
Enjoy life have fun it's too short to hold grudges and carry on like an idiot.
Go Leigh you have my vote

Reply #463192 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks Leigh

Reply #463193 | Report this post

Mrs Scottt  
Years ago

His not the Messiah his just a naughty boy !!

Reply #463196 | Report this post

cat  
Years ago

perhaps if you were at the pre-season game against West 'Disgusted' you may be in the same state as your name.
The behaviour was an embarrassment.

Reply #463210 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mmmmm......disgusted obviously does not know Leigh,If he wants him as premier.But then again he lies ,carries on and loses his "votes" very quickly like him!!!!!!its no wonder all his voters are walking away from him and the club .

Reply #463214 | Report this post

Disgusted  
Years ago

Sorry cant comment on that but don't dwell on the past move forward !
You have obviously had your say on this before, time to move on with your life, nothing can change the past , make your future comments and decisions based on a positive attitude and keep all the negativity at bay you may find you will have a better outlook on life and less bad karma

Aka
The deli lama

Reply #463215 | Report this post

Aka Knobhead

Reply #463218 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm not For or Against LS but I think it's amazing what Disgusted has written so I feel the need to type something.

"Stop the trash talk get on with your lives, show some maturity" and "Make your future comments and decisions based on a positive attitude". Don't you think that's very ironic to say based on the numerous posters that have said about the coach at the CABL tournament?

"Create this much interest over a game of basketball". Internally people at Southern seem disinterested with him so they're leaving the club and externally people are only interested thinking 'what is going on with that club?'

"Time to move on with your life, nothing can change the past". That's true that the past cannot be changed but if this doesn't get addressed then nothing will change the future. Didn't people leave Southern last year for similar reasons?

I'm not having a go at anyone but it needs to be resolved otherwise these laundry drying threads will keep coming up for this person or another person/club

Reply #463225 | Report this post

Disgusted  
Years ago

Wow
I have never heard so much crap talked about an individual person whether it be good or bad since Nelson Mandella, Mike Hayesman, OJ Simpson or Kim Hughes !!!!
Move on

Reply #463233 | Report this post

Time to air the dirty laundry

Stana was not removed from the club by Leigh, she was removed by the committee as she was involved in a previous hoops forum post. Not to mention she was playing at West.

3 of the 4 players to leave include her two sisters, and the JDO's daughter...The JDO wants Leighs position...

LS cut the Junior Presidents daughter from the ABL squad due to ability. This was not taken well and caused a further riff between coach and JP. Not to mention LS decision to recruit an import which played his daughters position. The team needed a strong import to help the development of the juniors.

The questions that need to be asked is not about LS but more about the decisions of the JP...why did he have a girl who was playing at West coaching the Under 18 div 1 girls team at Southern?

People who know the real going on with Leigh know that he has made decisions to rid the team of 'bad eggs'. Yes, alot of girls have left...one was asked to leave as she was training with another club, another as she decided to wear another clubs uniform around the stadium post match. If more parents realised that just because their daughter is a good player doesn't mean that she is a good club person or a good team player. I expect some of the parents and those players that have been cut to get back on here and attack this post.

This club needs to make some big decisions up top very soon or otherwise it's going to be a long way to get back to the top. The club should be a powerhouse of Basketball, like the Noarlunga City Tigers of the 80's and 90's were...instead it's the laughing stock of the state due to a select few. The same select few that see their FACTION falling around them and their numbers of support dropping. The same few that can see their days in power coming to an end and are making desperate bids to change things by using this forum.

LS is doing a great job in developing the junior players of the club. Leave these girls together and they won't be world beaters this year, nor the next, but there is enough talent that will see these girls develop into a solid team in 2-3 years. He should be credited with junior development rather than opting for the easy decision of recruiting.

Again, I am not LS, I am a club member. I am sick of reading this rubbish on here. I want this club to be strong and to stop the infighting that exists. It's worse than a political party.

Reply #463238 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is disgusting. The under 18 girls team at tigers is at a great loss at this point in time but with 3 juniors stepping onto the ABA court as rookies there's no doubt they'll hold their 18's team up high and carry them to the greatest of their ability. WITH or WITHOUT a coach and the rest of their old players. All these girls need is a little faith and support and you will all be astound by what these girls can do.

All I can say is that these poor girls, only 15/16 years of age have to go through this rubbish to play the sport they love. This was never how basketball was meant to played, it's now a game of politics and club members only defending their children.

Reply #463241 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bring back those old school coaches from the 80s and 90s I think at one stage the Tigers won the WNBL and only lost one game for the season ,find that team and coach to show the new generation how you can be successful while still being respectful sports people.

Reply #463245 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can picture some of these posters hiding under their quilt, screaming "Leave Leigh Alone!!!"

Reply #463288 | Report this post

green  
Years ago

GEE.leigh and his pets trying to start friction again. and on some under 18s?? LOL.
HAHAHAHA. play some basketball. WELL if you know how?!

Reply #463299 | Report this post

Years ago

wonder why 4 players asked for clearances?
oh that's right because they don't want to be coached under Leigh Scott down the track..

Reply #463300 | Report this post

bsa  
Years ago

wrong. stana was not removed by anyone.
and sisters left because she moved. thats what happened the first time from north to southern....

get your facts right people. or this could be all one person? leigh

Reply #463301 | Report this post

ali  
Years ago

agreed bsa.

Reply #463304 | Report this post

omg.  
Years ago

this is typically leigh getting his players involved in this write up.

Reply #463306 | Report this post

Years ago

to "the silent assasin" or maybe its leigh gaurding his self?

... i dont know. but who ever you are get your facts straight! you have no idea.

clearly leigh scott is a trouble maker or he wouldn't always be talked about in bad ways like this.

facts straight first 101.

Reply #463307 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No. People talk badly about all people on here. It's an anonymous forum where people with axes to grind can come and get revenge. This is normally people without the communication skills or self confiednce to solve problems directly, in the real world. Therefore they do it anonymously and publicly. Happens all the time.

And no, I am not Leigh and don't even know the guy. Like everyone I read all this with a wry grin and am slightly amused when people behave innappropriately by coming into an anonymous, public forum to slag someone off for innapropriate behaviour. It all seems pretty hypocritical to most of us, but slightly funny too.

Reply #463311 | Report this post

if you do not know leigh scott.

he bet $50 to a player in his team that takes out a couple of opposition players the other week at pre season tournament.

thats what type of coach he is. only there for friction because he dont know how to play the game basketball.

Reply #463312 | Report this post

unbelievable  
Years ago

he didnt just do that there. he bets in under 23's as well.

Reply #463314 | Report this post

fact  
Years ago

well i was in the change room when leigh said that comment of betting $50 to KO a opponent. i hate being apart of this.

Reply #463315 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wow have you people got proof of any of that?

Reply #463317 | Report this post

TAB  
Years ago

I was there, you have your facts wrong it was actually $500

Reply #463331 | Report this post

LS  
Years ago

ask some of his players it was $50 cash

Reply #463334 | Report this post

Years ago

leigh we know you were there.

Reply #463335 | Report this post

cat  
Years ago

I'm putting down the Mills and Boon...this is far better reading

Reply #463339 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

He told me there is now a bounty fund similar to the New Orleans saints in the NFL!

50 grand pot biggest injury gets the cash!

Reply #463340 | Report this post

ATO  
Years ago

Cash!!!!!
You cant pay cash, they need to claim that as income on their tax returns

Reply #463341 | Report this post

The truth  
Years ago

Issac how many IP addresses

Can you confirm this is one of them 205.186.187.184

Reply #463342 | Report this post

Serious  
Years ago

In All seriousness now, I believe that any thread that even mentions LS should be automatically locked at this point of time as it is obvious, that a few people do have axes to grind and though it is quite funny at times, it is really ridiculous that someone allows this to continue, both at a professional and personal level!

Reply #463344 | Report this post

Thread locked

This thread has been locked and replies are not permitted.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:15 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754