LC
Years ago

2014 Big V: Round 1 Recap

Who were the big moves and shakers in round 1 of Big V Champ?

Check out the recap...

Big V Round 1: Newcomers struggle as cream rises to the top

Topic #33977 | Report this topic

Big T  
Years ago

Them Boomers are flying after round 1!

Reply #463213 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Pretty impressive win it was by Bulleen. Are they going to be the benchmark?

Reply #463226 | Report this post

FalconsTV  
Years ago

Game video of Waverley home games available at www.mindittv.net

Reply #463229 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

Corio Bay are ahead of Bulleen

Reply #463235 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How about D1M? Few upsets in amongst that league already! Is going to be hotly contested!

Reply #463240 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Too early... But the competition was great, some good close games against strong opponents to start the season, long way to go though...

Reply #463257 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A little quiet down at #inbredlife this week. YL2Men spanked by Mornington and D1M given a clinic on their home court by Sunbury by the boxscore.
Anyone at the game care to let us know what went wrong down there?

Reply #463258 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

50 year old former NBL MVP "Jumping" Joe Hurst played 20 minutes for an injury ridden Mildura in there 2 point lose to Geelong. From all reports he still looked pretty good out there and could play more games for Mildura during the season.

Reply #463263 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I never knew losing by 9 points in the first game of the season being "given a clinic"

Reply #463265 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boxscore would suggest you were down almost 20 at qtr time. Referred to as a "clinic"

Reply #463266 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have nothing to do with Melton - but to be down by 20 at Q time and only lose by 9 definatly isnt a clinic.

Reply #463268 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think at 50 years old they would cut the "Jumping" bit and just call him Joe. If its true that he played its a pretty good effort, how long is an ambulance drive from Geelong to Mildura and how much would that of cost. LOL

Reply #463297 | Report this post

SEABL Watcher  
Years ago

Tough start in D2M for Wodonga or NE Bushrangers or whatever they are called.

As I expected, Ben Hollis is not playing for them as claimed in another thread but they did have Josh McKay who is still part of the Bandits 2014 team so will likely play when games don't clash with his SEABL commitments.

Reply #463298 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Great effort for 50 years of age. Theres hope for us all yet.

Reply #463316 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was at the game and you probably could keep the "jumping" in there because he dunked it in warm ups. From what I saw Joe was probably the fittest man on the court.

Reply #463352 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

I hear Joe's son goes pretty well to!

Reply #463355 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bulleen SCM then Daylight. Easily the favourites for the 2014 state title with Waverley the nearest to them.

Reply #463610 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:55 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754