Anonymous
Years ago

Finals ticket delivery cost

Just went to purchase finals tickets online and they are charging delivery of $6.95 to use my existing cards, and its the only option available.
$45 per ticket is enough in my opinion and should only be a delivery fee if you wanted new tickets.

Ill still get my tickets but that seems like a money grab considering there is no delivery. programming the cards wouldnt cost $6.95.

Seems a litte disorganised as previous years we have just paid for all the finals games and then the money has automatically come out of my credit card. Would much prefer that process.

Topic #33988 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Got no comment on that delivery cost as I haven't checked the site but on the finals pricing, please remember that this is what every 36ers fan has been waiting for. All those lean years, and we finally have a finals series!

Finals games are one major way that clubs can improve their financial position (and players with smart contracts get finals bonuses!). The club made the right move to grab Joey and jumped from woeful to around the money, so to speak. Time to briefly grumble "$45!" and then grab your ticket!

Reply #463455 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

haven't been in the playoffs for a few years, so the original post "Seems a litte disorganised as previous years" must be related to the late 90's :)

Reply #463458 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For a semi-final $45 isn't really expensive.

Reply #463459 | Report this post

KB3  
Years ago

In 2006 it would have been legal to hold your credit card details on file and process the payment when required. Pretty sure that isn't legal anymore

Reply #463461 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

AFL & A-League Semi Finals tickets last season were more than double the price of a regular ticket. We are not even looking at a 50% increase for the 36ers Semi Final.

As for Credit Card fees, I agree, it's ridoulous, but I would imagine that is ProTicket, not the 36ers charging it.

We recently booked flights for 4 of us t fly to melbourne return on a budget airline. Had to pay $7 per person, per leg credit card fee ($56 in total), despite it only being 1 transaction! Laws need to be changed there!!

Reply #463465 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Have not done mine yet, but email said that your seasons will just get activated. If its the case that you are using your existing tickets, i imagine there is no delivery.

Reply #463467 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

joshuapending, might have to manually reactivate each one though which could chew some time. Maybe not $6-7 per, but oh well.

We recently booked flights for 4 of us t fly to melbourne return on a budget airline. Had to pay $7 per person, per leg credit card fee ($56 in total), despite it only being 1 transaction! Laws need to be changed there!!
Yes, this should absolutely be illegal or disclosure forced up front. Even for small fry, transactions can be had for 45c or so.

Reply #463471 | Report this post

Hanging Round  
Years ago

"Who" is making the money from $6.95 card charge?

I can understand the price increase for 36ers Finals tickets as they have certainly not made any money for a few years due to having no tickets to sell.

Reply #463473 | Report this post

Devo  
Years ago

Phoned through and got my 2 season seats for $45 each and a $3.65 charge for the Credit Card transaction.
Ok with the charge.
A little disappointed that there was no email to say that tickets were available for members.
Only found out by checking this site.
All in all, good to be back.

Reply #463474 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dont get me wrong ive purchased the tickets and payed the $6.95, it just seemed a bit crazy charging for delivery when the cards are in my wallet.

Reply #463476 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

These days I transfer funds where possible (eg plane flights) to avoid the ridiculous credit card charge.

Reply #463478 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Just as we'll we check hoops! How are members supposed to know that they have to secure their seats by noon Monday? Previously we have received something in the mail. Oh we'll, just glad to be in finals!

Reply #463479 | Report this post

KB3  
Years ago

got an email, its all over twitter and all over their facebook

Reply #463481 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

There was a thing on news about credit card fees other night. You should never be charged more than 2% of your fee, if they do contact your credit card provider (visa, MasterCard, etc). Visa have set something up to take care of dodgy vendors who over charge for the use of their card. This would be a proticket issue, not 6ers though

Reply #463485 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Didn't receive an email? Not on stalkbook or twitter. Really have to get with the times!

Just rang Sixers and they had our correct email details, but for some reason it didn't send because the system had unsubscribed us? Fixed now.

Reply #463491 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

You can always check their website for current news, updates etc....especially if you are expecting an announcement like tickets for finals.

Reply #463496 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Tornado - yeh, all good. Pretty happy for Sixers to be in finals!

Just want to comment that Skye from Sixers admin was very helpful, very quickly resolved the email issue and secured our tickets.

Reply #463502 | Report this post

RT  
Years ago

The $6.50 charge is to activate your existing membership cards for one game. I guess this will be the same for each finals game, this seems to be a rip off, then there is a $1.89 charge for using a credit card. my total comes to $98.39 for two tickets.

Reply #463524 | Report this post

Joshuapending  
Years ago

Yeah just did mine and got the fee. I would rather they just say it's an admin fee than this delivery wording. What are you delivering, they are in my hand! It's just a scam but at least try to come up with something half reasonable. Anyway can't wait for the game.

Reply #463557 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Everyone please report ProTicket to Visa/Mastercard for scamming.

It is a rort and way over the prescribed 2%.

Also the Sixers email database is pathetic, it unsubscribed me any most others a while back but if you go to the website and click subscribe again nothing happens and it has been like this for the whole season. Is it really that hard.

Reply #463566 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I've just checked my visa statement online and got charged a total of $46.90. That's only $1.90 in fees.

Reply #463917 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Same here only got charged $1.90.

Reply #463951 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:03 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754