Happy Days
Years ago

SEABL Season Launch 2014

Just when you though things couldn't get any worse check out the new promo for SEABL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqgDVX75I6w&list=UUC-NMrcieABjJnWhj63YA9Q

Like watching grass grow or paint drying....

Topic #33989 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

SEABL - where you stand around and talk!!

on the upside at least they have a promo video, unlike CABL!

Reply #463466 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I went in wanting to give that the benefit of the doubt, but oh boy is that hilariously bland. 90% of it is players walking around. WHYYYY? I fast forwarded a bit thinking it was building up to something, but no, more walking and standing around.

What's it meant to be telling people?

Reply #463469 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

Usually in a 2 min clip it would show players walking and talking for 30 seconds as build up leading into the highlights, this is just build up to absolutely nothing!

Maybe channel 10 helped them with this.

Reply #463470 | Report this post

Onlooker  
Years ago

Media coverage is pretty bad right now compared to what ed was putting out. Only a couple of team by team reviews, no mid week review. Video content has been virtually no existent and to top it off maybe the worst season hype video. Just when i thought nothing to beat the big v effort....

Reply #463477 | Report this post

SEABL Watcher  
Years ago

Not a great promotion at all. One dunk was about it.

Reply #463483 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

I was like Issac...i was waiting for something to happen and im sitting here two later still waiting for something to happen.Why not go to RMIT and see what those whiz kids can come up with.

Reply #463488 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Big V promo kills that!

Reply #463493 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Don't get me wrong here, I love the SEABL, but what was that...?

Music = 1/10
Excitement = 2/10
Anticipation = 2/10
Action = 2/10
Hype = 1/10

Sorry, to the people that put it together, not picking on any of you, just what I think of the promo, trying to be as objective as possible!

Reply #463494 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Makes the Big V promo look like an Academy Award winner!!!

Reply #463498 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doesn't instill much excitement that's for dang sure haha. Oh well at least the comp looks to be good

Reply #463499 | Report this post

SEABL Watcher  
Years ago

& Happy Days, that was the 2014 Season Promo video.

The 2014 season launch video is better, still not great but definitely better:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHSDPRVywq0

Reply #463500 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Bear:

Walking: 7/10
Talking (without sound): 8/10

I have just told a guy in the office that this video is a must watch and now I feel so bad as he bothers putting his headphones on and settles in for the anticipated viewing.

Reply #463501 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

While that one sounds better and is a little more interesting, it made my head spin, as it went from frame to frame so quickly.

Reply #463503 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perhaps it is a ploy on SEABL behalf to convince the club to vote in favour of a change to BA. If they producing exceptional work the clubs say happy with what we have, on the other hand if it is sub standard then seabl response is hey you want better then vote to change to BA as they are better resourced for these type of things?

thoughts??

Reply #463506 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What did i just watch?

Reply #463515 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Croswell in beat mode at 1:14 .... hits a floater!!!!! Get around SEABL!!!!

Reply #463517 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Frightening to think our second best league can come up with this.

The media guide is also full of holes, mistakes and incompletes.

Reply #463527 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At 0:15 the fat chick walking around breathing hard followed by a wink by SoJ of all people! HAHAHAHHAHAHA what a promo

Reply #463580 | Report this post

SEABL Watcher  
Years ago

I guess we shouldn't be too critical of what the #2 league in Australia produces after watching some of the crap the NBL has given us over many years.

Reply #463654 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

If your a corporate sponsor theres no way you'll be wanting to put your hand in your pocket after seeing that.Lets hope the next installment is a vast improvement.

Reply #463658 | Report this post

Big V  
Years ago

I thought the Video was pretty good. Until I saw the one I was watching was the actual video for the 2013 Presentation Night. Then started to watch the real 2014 Promo and I swear I saw the promo of a promo!!
I yelled at the pc....DO SOMETHING!

Reply #463660 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reminds me of some of the crap Knox used to wheel out last year, oh wait...

Reply #463661 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Well, the season is now into round 3, so where are the pictures of the players?

Maybe a minor point, but how hard would it be to update the images so when you click on a player profile it actually shows his or her photo?

At least the live stats seems to be working!

Reply #464136 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Round 1 has just concluded.

Reply #464142 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:50 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754