NBL Fan
Years ago

Delly's first NBA double-double against OKC

Delly currently has 11 pts and 10ast vs OKC!

Topic #34001 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Had a great start off the bench and the Cavs were up 1 when he was subbed out in the second. By the time he came back in during the third, they were down 14.

Had a few quick turnovers and the Thunder were out by 20ish at one point.

Late in the fourth, he dished 4 straight assists and forced the Thunder to bring their starters back in and even call a timeout when the Cavs got within 5.

With 21 seconds left, Cavs are down 9 but Delly's +/- is a team-best +9.

Against the Heat two days ago, he was +13 in a four point loss too. Cavs have been without Irving and Deng in both games, likely their two best players.

Reply #463638 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cairns Taipans import from last season Shane Edwards also got some court time for Cavs, playing 10:27 for 2 points and 1 rebound on 1/2 shooting.

Reply #463639 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Watched a bit of this one. Delly was in full beast mode. Congrats Delly.

Reply #463640 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Della is the man. When he gets the minutes he can create the team game the cavs so desperately need. His +- must be the best on the team for the season. every game his is among the highest.

Reply #463641 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Would like to see him somewhere like Chicago where defence and team play is so valued.

Reply #463644 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

Believe it or not played good defense on Durant early on. Really great competitor.

Reply #463646 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree with Isaac, would love to see him play for the Bulls,

Reply #463648 | Report this post

Lance_Uppercut  
Years ago

Would really like to see some of Delly's highlights from this game.

Yeah I second that Isaac, somewhere that seems to be thinking about the future outside of just preserving its star players right to do as they please.
Obviously Coach Brown recognises Delly's ability and entrusts an undrafted rookie quite a lot more than most teams would, but Delly's best assets are not been effectively utilized in a team that doesn't really like to play team defense consistently and a team doesn't really like to move the ball. Perhaps Chicago would be a good fit.

Reply #463665 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Congrats Delly proving he belongs in the NBA

Reply #463670 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well done Delly!

Reply #463675 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Delly is a fully fledged NBA player. Where the hater at now?

Reply #463680 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

but his team lost

it is a team game after all

Reply #463685 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I watched most of the game today. Cavs played small ball through large sections of the game with Delly at the 3 guarding KD. He did a much better job defensively on him as KD scored most of his points when Gee was on. Great hustle and pressure from the younger, smaller and slower Delly.

Reply #463693 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Always has to be one negative hater per thread lol.
See above

Reply #463695 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Philly with Brett Brown?

Certainly a smart unselfish player!!

Reply #463708 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

Great stuff from Delly. He is at his best when distributing the ball from the point. He has not had the opportunity to play that role a lot during the season but it is his destiny. Concerns when he is shooting a low percentage as he was struggling a couple of weeks ago but he has looked good the last few games.

Ultimate Team Player!!!

Reply #463711 | Report this post

B0b  
Years ago

Matthew Dellavedova Full Highlights

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAAnALIR6Kk

Reply #463736 | Report this post

Gordon Liddy  
Years ago

It may be his first double-double but it will NOT be his last! I bet those yanks didn't count on this little Aussie battler but he's proving his worth on the big stage.

Couldn't be more proud of you mate. You're teaching those yanks, with their me-first society based around mandated individual rights which has resulted in a culture than emphasis the individual above all other things, to play TEAM ball Aussie style with our culture based around loose, ill-defined and some would argue nonsensical and propagandist concepts of mate-ship and a fair go that seemed to hint at an affinity with some kind of broad collectivism when in fact it is just a slightly less extreme version of individualism.

Go you little Anzac. Make me proud.

Also, does anyone know where I can get one of his singlets?

Reply #463838 | Report this post

Anon 685
"but they lost ....blah blah blah "
You are a dick!!
Are you suggesting its not possible to play well when you lose. Following your logic, if they won and Delly did absolutely nothing you would be on this site rapping him up "Delly in beast mode..." etc etc etc because they won and "it is a team game after all"

Reply #463932 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Extremely well said prisoner of gravity.
Anon 685 = Negative Nigel

Reply #463938 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what has Delly got to do with the ANZACs? He may have no relatives ever involved in the war(s).

Reply #463941 | Report this post

Gordon Liddy  
Years ago

@Anonymous

Do I really need to explain this?

It is because the spirit of the Anzacs embodies all Australian citizens regardless of whether or not they had any direct family involvement in war. It's part of what links us together.

Because I'm not religious I'm not sure exactly how it happened, but I assume the Anzac spirit/ghost first appeared at Gallipoli and somehow traveled to Australia (perhaps through the survivors) and has since spread to all Australian citizens.

It's part of the 'Aussie trinity' or 'trifecta' made up of the Ghost/Spirit of the Anzacs, Ghost/Spirit of Mate-Ship and Ghost/Spirit of a Fair Go. This is what has made Australia a unique and truly awesome (perhaps the greatest) country.

It's basically this uniqueness and awesomeness that Delly has on full display on the world stage. It's what is making it possible for him to do what he is doing, it is what links us as Australian basketball fans to his success and its also a celebration of this.

Reply #463981 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Anzacs is about hard work, giving your all.. and mateship. The attributes shown by the Anzacs... You don't have to be related to those who fought in war to be an Anzac.. It is part of the Australian identity... it is who we are MEANT to be. Some Japanese believe they have the spirit of the samurai for instance. Its the Aussie Battler, the underdog.. the one who fights against tremendous odds and comes out on top... What is Matthew Dellavedova if not exactly that?

Reply #463988 | Report this post

LanceUppercut  
Years ago

B0b thanks for highlight link

Reply #464004 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

another double double i believe

Reply #464006 | Report this post

Gordon Liddy  
Years ago

Exactly GWB. It's mateship. It's a fair go. It's the battlers. That plus the trinity of ghosts/spirits, as I described in my other post.

Reply #464007 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Equalled career high in scoring and assists.
14p, 10a, 6r only downside was his 6 turnovers.
Back to back double doubles still a great performance

Reply #464009 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

and +9 and you should check out the other +- on the stat sheets!!!!!!!!

Reply #464010 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Thankyou very much for pointing that out rohant16 :) how silly of me LOL !!!

Reply #464012 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just watched the youtube. I only counted 5 assists - the rest were passes that resulted in a score but only after several dribbles. The passes didn't really contribute to the score. Not a convincing double-double.

Reply #464033 | Report this post

Jrndjjdjd  
Years ago

Really anon, not a convincing double double, get a load of yourself, great performance by delly

Reply #464056 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes the NBA is notorious for handing out soft triple doubles.

Reply #464073 | Report this post

Bert  
Years ago

Anonymous poster who watched game on youtube and claimed that Dellavedova had 5 ast.
Good one mate if you know it all why not get a job as an nba stats keeper. LMFAO holmes.
Delly had 14 points and 10 Assists today.
that is a fact!

Reply #464080 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Go Delly!

Reply #464086 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why no mention of Cavs Rockets game today?

Saw highlights with Delly guarding Harden who went off for 37 points.

You guys seem to pick and choose when to mention his performances.

Reply #464100 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Harden has never before gone off for 37 points. Clearly this time is the first. And it is all Delly's fault. Career ending.

Reply #464155 | Report this post

B0b  
Years ago

@Lance_Uppercut No worries mate!

Matthew Dellavedova Career High 14 Points/10 Assists
vs Rockets
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io8jN53qx7Q

Reply #464234 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Matthew Dellavedova Career High 14 Points/10 Assists
vs Rockets
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=io8jN53qx7Q"

Delly's jump shot off the dribble has really improved!

Reply #464355 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You'll be happy to hear that I am happy with most of the assists against Houston. Can't talk much more - just off to my new job at the NBA stats department !

Reply #464525 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:44 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754