Isaac
Years ago

Hawks vs Kings, March 21

Half time. Hawks out by 6, 50-44. Forman with 20.

Topic #34007 | Report this topic

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Rosen's picking up on a lot of irony tonight...

Reply #463733 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Your captain makes 8 3s your going to be hard to beat! Great so far out 90 to 79!

Reply #463744 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

100-87. Forman 26, Clarke 24, Tiggs 19, Martin 18. Young 27, Madgen 17, Garlepp 16 for Sydney.

Reply #463746 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

Kings were just terrible tonight and the Hawks torched them, especially outside.

Kings had the pieces this year but Heal was unable to work out how they fit together.

You really have to ask how a guy as big as AJ can avoid the ball so effectively for an entire game. Just the one rebound from the guy many tipped as a likely MVP. A truly Ben Allen-esque performance.

Reply #463753 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Forman and Clarke a combined 15/26 from 3!

Scary thing is that both those players are such good shooters that they are more than capable of having two big shooting games in a three game semi final series and getting two wins to go through to the GF.

Reply #463761 | Report this post

King Podge  
Years ago

Seriously.

Oscar Forman.

If i could find a uterus I would have his babies, in a heartbeat.

In.
A.
Heartbeat.

I've said too much.......

Reply #463772 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Just a moderately creepy post.

Reply #463775 | Report this post

Dale  
Years ago

King Podge...have another bourbon. I always thought he would have been more liked if it was Oscar Foreskin but that's just me

Reply #463788 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Geordie McLeod must win Coach of the Year. It is phenomenal what he has managed to construct with the league's smallest budget, following the retirement of Saville.

Rotnei Clarke and Oscar Forman were nothing short of inspirational. The Kings... Not so much, unfortunately.

Reply #463797 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

The amount of open shots Wollongong got tonight was incredible. Would've been very interesting if Forman or Clarke missed just two or three of those looks.

Reply #463798 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

And Tiggs made all three of his threes, so it was quite a lucky night for Wollongong in some respects. But of course, you create your own luck.

Reply #463799 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In gordie we trust!

Reply #463800 | Report this post

Basketballl  
Years ago

Yeah nah good one Dale......

Reply #463802 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

I have a hankering for some choc honeycomb

Reply #463807 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well done to the Hawks making the playoffs with that roster but how sickening was the commentary by Brad Rosen?

Even earlier in the game when the Hawks had hit back to back 3pts he doesn't even say anything about them just that it was poor close out D by Ogilvy or poor D by player x.

I know he's a former Kings player but at least act like there are two teams out there.

Reply #463812 | Report this post

Achtung Baby  
Years ago

Major Hater of the Kings offensive structure all season. Nothing inside for (lets be honest) the best big guy in the competition, and all jump shots and isolations.

Reply #463815 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

Yes Anon 812, Rosen as a commentator has been as much a success as Heal's offence this season.

Disappointing really since I initially thought his enthusiasm was a pleasant change from Carfino's bored drivel but his incessant chatter and Kings cheerleading got very annoying very quickly.

Reply #463822 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Statsheet, with all those open looks, they could well have hit more too. Watching, I don't expect those two to miss any.

They broke the NBL record for threes made in a 40 minute game. Shortly after half time, I think they'd attempted 25 threes out of 44 from the field. Why not with that roster. Coenraad, Demos and Martin have been 40%+ from three in the past too.

Reply #463825 | Report this post

bowtie  
Years ago

Foreman was a monster and I loved the treatment of him by the Gong crowd. A God Monster!

Reply #463828 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Was a very entertaining game but very clear Wollongong are simply a better team than Sydney and deserve fourth spot. A nice way for it to be decided in front of the Gong crowd too, hopefully that and a final or two give a nice boost to their coffers.

Reply #463834 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Thank God the Kings are out of the running. We could only get 1 out 4 wins against them, so its a welcome result that we can't compete against them in the grand final (assuming we get there). However Wollongong must have the split over Sydney because both teams can potentially end the regular season with an equal number of wins and losses.

Reply #463912 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I have a hankering for some choc honeycomb"

It's the way it shatters that matters! :D

Reply #463934 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gordie no doubt is Coach of the Year.

Hawks such a great club, the best in NSW. Isaac you must be proud of your bro he has been on fire.

Look at the NBL players poll they agree and recognise he is the best in the league at present.

A nice change to some of the suspect ex-players masquerading as coaches such as Heal and Anstey (and by the way what the hell has happened with Fearne)?.

Reply #463935 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brad Rosen and Bill Woods should not be allowed to commentate Kings games. Also Hawks games for that matter as they are stuck in a time warp calling them Illawara.

If Rosen had to do a non-Kings game you would see the enthusiasm disappear and it would be interesting hearing him commentate at a normal pace and not a thousand words per minute.

Reply #463943 | Report this post

wildcats  
Years ago

Good to see a crowd of 4.5k at game, as we have seen crowds under 2K there this season. Support your team hawks each week, we should be seeing these crowds every week.

Reply #463996 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

If Brad Rosen does commentary on playoff games then I'm thinking about a drinking game for each time he mentions Sydney

Reply #463997 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:11 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754