Anonymous
Years ago

Adelaide vs Melbourne Sun 23/3

36ers won 99-94.

A good win with Gibbo & Creek out and Schenscher's form over the last month or so has been very encouraging with his more aggressive play.

Sets up an enticing playoff battle in Game 1 at Adelaide Arena this Thursday night.

Topic #34017 | Report this topic

Spinner  
Years ago

Not a bad crowd, but the game was a bit flat. Nothing at stake I suppose. Did anyone notice Joey getting stuck into BJ in the third ( I think)? He was on for about 30 seconds and got dragged. Anyone see what happened?

Reply #464036 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spinner, I think he missed a couple of defensive switches so got pulled to talk it over...

Reply #464038 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spinner; missed the BJ and Joey interaction but saw something similar with Cadee ... in fact I've seen it a bit with Cadee across the season.

Reply #464045 | Report this post

James C  
Years ago

I think ive seen Joey get stuck to most of the players at some point during the season. So much better than clarke just acting like a programed robot.

Reply #464049 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I was not impressed with Melbourne today. Too negative, too much going for the man and not the ball.

They seem to be just a one dimensional team with a bit of luck. They rely on Goulding to come off a (moving) screen for a catch and shoot shot on goal. Wortho is such a waste of talent. Seems every time he had the ball he deliberately made contact to draw the foul rather than show us his talent. Don't get me started on Walker and Tomlinson....

Reply #464053 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

agree jack. was talkin to mates after the game about wortho, so skilled, yet spends too much time complaining and acting like a lil kid. Spent as much time playin the game as lookin at the umpire wantin a call, from contact he initiated most of the time.
was a lil bit of a nothing game, but was nice to see the 36ers come out and take the extra contact that the tiggers were throwin around. Was also nice to see us hit our free throws.
Cater had a bit of a down game compared to his other couple games in blue, but Teys continues to get better. His confidence is growin and if can consistently hit the three of find the dimes off his drive from the 3point line he will be an xfactor for our next few games.
The rise or second comin of big red has been brilliant to watch. A well timed run or a winding back of the clock, what ever it is its great. Top bloke off the court too.
Ervin made the call for DJ to be league MVP (obviously doesn't read here), and I agree with him. May not have the D we would like, but would have to be one of the most consistant players for points in the league.
With Creek and Gibbo to come back, im expecting the win here Thursday. If we cant knock em off away Sunday, home court advantage will be the difference.

Reply #464055 | Report this post

Skud  
Years ago

Schensher has turned himself into a real x-factor these finals. No team would be expecting him to come out and score 18 and 9. He is also allowing dj and Petrie to score easier.

Reply #464062 | Report this post

Gordon Liddy  
Years ago

Ret row Rixers, ret row!!!

Reply #464064 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gordon Liddy it wasn't funny the first time but that hasn't stopped you in the past.

Did anyone else see Anstey at three quarter time kick out at the cameraman? He looked annoyed to be down and was talking to D Mac before meeting the players in the huddle and the camera was on him. Disgraceful act towards someone doing their job.

Reply #464068 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mate, the camera man ran the cord around his and DMacs legs, that's why they were pissed off!

Reply #464075 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ok fair enough watching on TV couldn't see the floor only upper body shots.

Reply #464076 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, fair enough. As he was panning around DMac and Anstey the cord behind him was wrapping around there legs, when they noticed that they were wrapped up they both weren't too happy.

Reply #464077 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Makes you wonder when the players make a mistake do Anstey & DMac also snap back at them like that.

Reply #464242 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I guess you get a better quality of feed, but couldn't the output from a camera be WiFi these days?

Reply #464263 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jack Toft yesem

Reply #464433 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:25 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754