Normalguy
Years ago

Spalding tf500

Surely others agree with me that using an indoor/outdoor ball is ridiculous for district basketball. At least go back to the 1000 or leave the moltens. Tf500 was produced to us at tip off after both teams warming up with moltens. Surely others will agree with me?

Topic #34046 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think leave the moltens, there was nothing wrong with them but BSA have to go and change them. No one has spaldings so players warm up and train with moltens then have to use a spalding

Reply #464772 | Report this post

BALLER#3  
Years ago

I really dont think the ball is that bad, everyone just uses it as an excuse.

I cant notice much of a difference at all.

Reply #464774 | Report this post

Green76  
Years ago

BWA is now using them in the WABL, yes they're different to the moltens but that's the ball we have to use so people will just have to get use to it. I don't think they are that bad. Spalding have done a deal with Basketball Australia, so all comps will have to get use to it. The WA sbl use the spalding legacy, that is a good ball.

Reply #464803 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I had no problems with the new ball except for my first dribble when the ball didn't bounce back to me! But they are a good ball to shoot!

Reply #464816 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hate them, they are hearder to control whilst dribbling and harder to shoot with than the moltens, espcially when you practise with moltens for over 3 hours a week and then suddenly use the tf500.

Reply #464883 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sad fact is most sports stores don't stock them either so you can't buy em to train with either - absolutely DISRESPECTFUL to be handing out - indoor outdoor TF500 tight arsed in fact. Cough up on the sponsorship for the real balls at least.

Reply #464897 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They are a disgrace. It's worse than a rubber ball you can buy from Rebel for $10.

For those who saying Spaldings are okay, yes I agree, the problem is BSA has bought TF500s which an outdoor ball. SO now all district games are played using an outdoor ball that doesn't bounce.

Not a good advertisement for Spalding. I'm quickly starting to hate their brand.

Reply #464898 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Clubs should all get together and protest via a petition about using an inferior outdoor ball. not good enough BSA. Its all a commercial decision and not in the interest of the juniors.

Reply #464905 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The ball is horrible. Go back to the old balls whatever brand they were.

Reply #464972 | Report this post

Annon  
Years ago

BSA needs to make corrective action here and quickly before our teams head to Classics with a shit ball in tow

Disgraceful

Reply #465177 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Centrals haven't even been given balls yet, come to Starplex you get to use Moltens.

Reply #465209 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Centrals have no balls yet???
Funny stuff right there

Reply #465214 | Report this post

razor  
Years ago

Read up. Not BSA responsibility - BA decision. And I understand Spaldings used at all Nationals & presumably the classics so better if you get used to it.

Reply #465219 | Report this post

Normalguy  
Years ago

https://m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=648696075167864 page to like if you agree with this forum

Reply #465347 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It is a BA deal not a BSA. BSA had to tow the line. I wonder how much they get for this deal and how much of it goes to the clubs to help finance the changeover

Reply #465369 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Those above who say it's BA's fault...was it BA's decision to use the TF500 for all district games or is that BSA being cheap?

I was told by a stadium manager that BSA decided to buy the TF500s to save money, which if true is a disgraceful decision.

We should all be writing to Spalding and spamming them until they feel pressured to do something. Playing with the TF500 just shouldn't be a option at this level and is going to hurt the development of our kids coming up.

Reply #465370 | Report this post

Normalguy  
Years ago

I have put a link above you can go to to join a Facebook campaign, kind of like a petition. It would be good if as many people as possible can join.
The title of the group is "Spalding tf500 no good for district basketball"
Please get you teammates around it too please

Reply #465659 | Report this post

bagwan  
Years ago

moltens way better

Reply #465660 | Report this post

Normalguy  
Years ago

I have created a page as opposed as a group to make it easier to find
https://www.facebook.com/pages/getting_started?page_id=453189024813966

Reply #465670 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:00 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754