Isaac
Years ago

Dellavedova with a new career high

Late in the fourth against Detroit and Delly has 21 points (+17 when the team is -6) with 3 boards and 5 assists. Pretty sure that score is a career high?

7/9 FG and 5/7 3P.

Topic #34050 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Delly and-1. Puts Cavs to 95-91 and gives him 24 points and +22.

Reply #464778 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Awesome, well done Delly!

Reply #464779 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Delly's going ballistic!

Reply #464781 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Detroit have just called three straight time outs.

Edit: Actually, timeouts have gone Cavs, Pistons, Pistons, Cavs. Four in a row!

Reply #464782 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

8-10fg and 5-7 3pt on fire. Well done Delly.
Also 5 assists

Reply #464784 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Go Go, Go Delly Go Go Go....

Reply #464786 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

An earlier score was revised to be someone other than Delly, so he finishes with 21 and 6 assists.

Game winner by Waiters. Big comeback. 31-14 in the fourth.

Reply #464787 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

21 and 6 still a great result and will be remembered more as they won.
Dellys recent form could see him push for spot in NBA.com rookie rankings

Reply #464788 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

Had the game of his career. Really impressive defensive showing on Jennings in the clutch. Just scrapped so hard and set his team up for the Waiters buzzer beater. Great team win. I take my hat off to the Cavs. Without Kyrie the team has been fighting in every game.

Reply #464789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Much respect goes out the the hoops.com.au forum comminuty for refraining from using of the word "beast" during this discussion.

Reply #464793 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Man, that was fun to watch!

Reply #464796 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Dellavedova +24
Varejao +25

Next best Gee with +4 and Waiters +3

Everyone else was a (-) quite a bit for some!

Says something...

Reply #464799 | Report this post

Lance_Uppercut  
Years ago

Awesome job from Delly!

To think that he went undrafted because so many scouts and 'analysts' didn't think he had the speed, athleticism or talent to play in the NBA.

For those that have seen recents Cavs games, do the Cavs play better without Kyrie in the lineup? Kyrie's obviously exceptionally talented but hasn't really shown a will to win unless it involves dribbling the air out of the ball.

Reply #464807 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sweet, great delly! ill be there tonight wearing my delly jersey with pride!

Reply #464808 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Delly in full beast mode. The kid is a freak!

Reply #464811 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Delly and Varejao have been their +/- kings all season. Funny what happens with guys who actually care about winning! Those two are like the Damian Martin and Dillon Boucher of the NBA.

Reply #464815 | Report this post

jw  
Years ago

ROY

Reply #464840 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

paul, I've noticed it's always Varejao there with him too.

When Hawes was traded, a lot of 76ers fans on r/NBA were not unhappy to see him go, considering him a bit soft. Consensus seemed to be that he had value off the bench but was not likely to be a winning starter.

Surely they need to look at returning Varejao to the starting line-up, even if Delly continues to come off the bench?

I can't imagine that, even if he wanted to, Brown could start Delly over two of Irving, Waiters and Jack without some sort of mutiny. But I suspect he could see real value in doing so.

Reply #464850 | Report this post

Lance_Uppercut  
Years ago

Yeah I agree Isaac re: Varejao, Delly.

It will be interesting to see whether Kyrie plans on sticking around when Cavs will offer him max contract on July 1, from what i understand if he doesn't sign by October 30 2014, the Cavs will likely be forced to trade Kyrie, and it seems that might be his intention.

Reply #464868 | Report this post

Lance_Uppercut  
Years ago

Full highlights from Delly's 21 point game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1W_fjlJJ00c&sns=tw

Reply #464879 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

"I can't imagine that, even if he wanted to, Brown could start Delly over two of Irving, Waiters and Jack without some sort of mutiny."

And that, Isaac, is why Mike Brown is not a good coach.

Not that starting Delly is definitely the right call, but regardless of merit, the fact that it's so taboo on a terrible, terrible team that is grasping at straws just shows how out of his depth he is at managing personalities at that level.

Reply #464887 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not surprising as Mike Brown also was soft with LeBron at the Cavs.

Credit to Delly good performance in a win (after all it is a team game). No chance of that buzzer beating winner if Delly didn't produce earlier.

Reply #465294 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

Delly has started earlier in the season when Brown was trying to crack the whip.
They need to do something about their starting lineup it keeps giving up these big deficits.

Reply #465297 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Delly with 11p & 6a today in 30mins, going +24 as the Cavs beat Indiana 90-74!!!!!! Got a standing O at the end of the game.

Reply #465843 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Great job by Delly today finishing the season strong, remarkably the Cavs still in fight for playoffs

Reply #465845 | Report this post

rohant16  
Years ago

Was superb today really has some sweet passes up his sleeve threw an absolute rocket assist that got the oohs and ahs but there was unfortunately a foul before it. Has been incredibly influential in Kyrie's absence.

Reply #465847 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Time to find out what Kyrie could fetch in a deal I think. If they could get some value for him they're starting to build an ok team.

Reply #465882 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think so too. r/NBA consensus amongst Cavs fans appears to be that Waiters has given them a little more structure and D, especially when working with Delly.

Might as well try to capitalise on Kyrie's value now rather than let the situation decline. If they can't keep Deng or regain LeBron, might as well fill one of the forward spots.

Reply #465886 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:42 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754