Anonymous
Years ago

Heat V Pacers- Stephenson

Anyone watching. Stephenson volatile... wants to take on Heat and DWade... Good luck with that one.... Put Birdman on him and see what gives.. Stephenson is always brewing and he's going to lose it big time soon and it won't be pretty... Come on Heat.. DWadw looking out for his team...

Topic #34052 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stephenson pushes too hard and Ejected.. Must watch game if you can and comment on Pacers physicality particularly on James...

Reply #464802 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

First tech that Stephenson got was a joke. Wade came over to him and pushed him so really he shouldn't have been ejected.
Miami fans shouldn't be conplaining about fouls as heat got the better of the calls.

Reply #464810 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stephenson is a loose cannon

Reply #464813 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Soft to dismiss Stephenson for that, but everyone could see it coming except him it seems. He should've learnt by now not to tempt fate when already on one tech.

Good game all round though. I didn't think the physicality from either team was over the top. There were hard fouls from both sides, but there was no malice and the refs kept things under control.

I liked Evan Turner's spin move on Chalmers for the late score. He still has a way to go, with some of his decision-making poor, but he has the potential to be an x-factor for Indy in these playoffs.

I'm still scratching my head as to why Philly would trade Evans for Granger and then just buy him out! Turner isn't even 26 and still has room to grow. Waste of an asset if you ask me. Its not like Philly needs cap space that urgently either, because no big free agent is going there in the foreseeable future.

Reply #464818 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I assume philly were thinking save $$$ and put MCW at the point. Then they have a draft pick which maybe a top 3 pick. Then they have pelicans pick (although top 5 protected) which could essentially mean two top ten picks in draft. Then add cap space and they could have an exciting team.

Reply #464825 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I agree Turner is no longer a great fit for Philly alongside MCW, but its foolish to fire-sale a good asset for cap space they can't really put to good use for a couple of years. They could've just made the qualifying offer next season and waited to see what options emerged.

Reply #464831 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Beantown.... Philly = tanking

Hawes and Evans were their two best performers this year apart from MCW, and they trade them both. The most obvious tank since Tiananmen Square!!

Reply #464833 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Don't you think they were tanking hard enough already before they traded those two? Teams with the worst record have a history of missing out on the #1 anyway. Second worst record would have been good enough.

IMO you also need to keep a few vets with good attitudes around when you bring in highly touted rookies, otherwise you end up with a bad losing culture that stunts everyone's development. See teams like Charlotte who have been perennial losers until this season.

Reply #464838 | Report this post

Wade  
Years ago

How about Wades 3 pointer in the corning getting waived away when his feet were clearly not out. I'm not saying the heat would of won if the ref makes the right call, but those 3 points would of made a massive difference in the late stages of the game. I'm not a heat fan, but that was a really bad call by the ref.

Reply #464854 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Was this the first tech or the ejection? Stephenson yaps at Wade.

Reply #464855 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

That should just not be a techable incident at all.

Reply #464856 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's the 2nd Tech foul - the 1st was when Stephenson got into Charmers face after a pass went out of bounds. Wade came in between the two & pushed Stephenson away from Charmers. I think that why's Stephenson got into Wade face after making that shot.

Bit soft on both occasions, but Stephenson should of walked away, instead of jawing it with Wade.

Reply #464860 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Once again shouldn't have been given the first one

As for that three pointer. Go back and watch the amount of replays of so called fouls against the pacers that were either weak or not even there.

Wasn't it 18 free throws to 5 at one point even though hibbert had it going and they were looking at west inside. Lot more plays you can look at for the pacers than a three pointer for wade.

Reply #464871 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Lol @ the Heat complaining non-stop in the post game interview.

Do they even know they had 19 turnovers!

Lebron taunts more than anyone in the game but hardly gets a tech.

Something tells me the referees have a tendency to give techs to more flamboyant players simply because the referees know they are flamboyant. Refs monitor Stevenson so closely.

The Heat are crumbling IMO. The team is becoming more like the Cavs of old. Big 3? More like the Big 1.

And the Heat cant cover Hibbert. Oden gave up 13 first quarter points!

Reply #464875 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

I'm really looking forward to the ECF replay between these two as I think it could go either way.

If healthy, I think the Heat still have the edge because they have the best player in the series by a wide margin, Wade and Bosh are still quality players and they have a roster full of very capable veterans who will step up.

I'm hoping the Pacers can cause an upset though, so
it was good to see Hibbert have a good offensive game today. His size is an obvious mismatch favouring the Pacers, but he and his team-mates so often fail to take advantage. To me, Hibbert should be thinking: if I dominate this series offensively then we win easy.

If Hibbert can't step up offensively, then I think it'll come down to how well Stephenson and Turner play. Those guys have the talent and size to cause Miami's guards some problems, but both are pretty erratic too.

Reply #464922 | Report this post

Coeezy  
Years ago

Yeah, Stephenson was in the wrong. But I'm getting sick of Wade being a fake, tough guy. Ever since LBJ and Bosh came over, he has been a total prick.

Reply #464942 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How did Birdman get away with that blatent shove in the back near the end of the game, can't recall the Pacers player, goes up for a dunk and gets a clear shove in the back ending up on the floor under the support frame into a chair.

Unsportsmanlike acts all through this game, very tardy!

Reply #464953 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree it's definitely the who you are when it comes to tech ie Stephenson.

Does anyone think the bulls have a shot? They're well coached and have picked things up recently.

Reply #464963 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The refs have little little tolerance for repeat offenders. Look at the way they go after D12 and Demarcus.

Reply #465009 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

The taunting tech is a huge grey area.

What constitutes a taunt?

If its just staring down a player then why does Lebron never get called..

And I agree re: Wade. I used to respect him so much. But now he has no class.

Bosh's pre-game cheap shot at Hibbert in the pre-game interview was hilarious. He came out and torched the Heat in the 1st quarter.

And what does Bosh even give this team. He is just becoming a pick and pop shooter LOL (except he isnt a shooter). He is a poor mans David West.

Reply #465035 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Great game. My thoughts:

Roy Hibbert is infuriatingly soft on the offensive end. His footwork is so bad for someone whose footwork is so great on the defensive end. I also think he may be scared of dunking. I think his success is as much a product of his times as it is his merit as a ballplayer. A phenomenal defender from a positioning standpoint but I just wish he would get some nasty. Guys like Shaq, Ewing, Robinson, Olajuwon etc would have rendered him redundant if he came up in another era.

David West needs more post up looks in isolation: he's so strong and such a good passer that it's a no-brainer to get him in more of these situations. Surely they are more fortuitous than a couple extra possessions of George/Stephenson/Turner perimeter isos.

Lance Stephenson not knowing that he got ejected and having Luis Scola have to explain it to him was awesome.

Reply #465042 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Yeah those Centers back in the day were freakish in terms of their athleticism (agility, quickness, nimble).

Hibbert has nasty. Its just he is 7"2 and has a more fragile and less flexible frame than those Centers you name.

Its not too much of a hindrance. It means he is rarely out of control when he makes a move.

And if you had a choice as to what end of the floor youd want your player to have good footwork on, I would chose the defensive end.

Agree that West needs looks!

Such an intelligent player who can pass out of the post and has an array of moves in the post which he doesnt get to display because of the lack of pill he gets. Need to start using West to help get the shooters open rather than the shooters trying to create their own shot

Reply #465059 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lebron is not much of a taunter but when he does they certainly tech him (eg KG, Terry).

Love seeing the conspiracy theorists come out after a heat game saying the refs are on their side like the refs only screw up when it goes there way. Refs always screw up (they screwed up on wades 3 pointer) but Miami is always under the spotlight.

Also, Bosh is one of the most under rated players. He might not do much but does when it counts - that's his role. Any other All Star would let their ego get to them. Great mobile flexible PF.

Reply #465060 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Agreed Macdub, that he's better off being good at the defensive end if you had to choose one.

I'm not saying he doesn't have nasty...i'm saying he doesn't have it on the offensive end.

Great centers would look at that weak Miami frontline and start licking their lips...."I'm gonna go for 30 and 15 tonight".

Reply #465067 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oden stunk. The move to reactivate him hasn't worked out.

Reply #465295 | Report this post

m  
Years ago

Difference between LeBron's taunts and Lance's:

LeBron looks at the crowd when he taunts, Lance stares down the player.That's why James doesn't get the techfoul(aside from the Terry dunk when he did stare him down)

Reply #465312 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:14 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754