annon
Years ago

Adelaide U18b player movements

Ive noticed a few boys missing from Norfs 18s.Anyone know what the go is there.Also is there a time limit to register for a new club/season.e.g.before round 10?

Topic #34054 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't know that any other club is interested in the boys you are referring to.

Reply #464861 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

WEst club attempting to pull some across. Is this a problem? IE if the State coach using position to recruit kids?? What inducements are being used??

Reply #464863 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^Incorrect. West not attempting at all.

Reply #464865 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Obviously then West won't be playing any of them. Where's there smoke usually means there is fire.

Reply #464869 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Funny how they decided to move after the state coach told them that they needed development and that they weren't going to get it at their current club.

Reply #464896 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Let's hope then that BSA show some courage and follow through with any penalties associated with kids moving clubs to their state coach/s and or NITP coaches.

Reply #464904 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

Development comes with personal growth.If a player thinks this will apn elsewhere, well good on em,eh.But does the new club know what kept them at the ol club??Is the charity gunna continue? R they really worth taking a chance on, given their past free passes.Time will tell.Give me a great team man or woman anyday of the week.The rest can play social.

Reply #464913 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

Development comes with personal growth.If a player thinks this will apn elsewhere, well good on em,eh.But does the new club know what kept them at the ol club??Is the charity gunna continue? R they really worth taking a chance on, given their past free passes.Time will tell.Give me a great team man or woman anyday of the week.The rest can play social.

Reply #464914 | Report this post

annon  
Years ago

P.s. make sure your clearances are going to go through before you start trying to gel with losing grand finalist.bit of decorum needed there I would've thought.

Reply #464916 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gee you North people are bitter. First of all, the clearance was put in for Norwood - not West where the state coach is from. Secondly, North are so bitter about it I have heard that they have denied it. But slagging them, and other clubs, off on this website I guess makes you feel better. if that is your idea of "decorum" then it's no wonder they are leaving!

Reply #464971 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon above. You are wrong and do not have the facts. Only one person applied for a clearance and I believe that is to West to follow the State Coach.

Reply #465002 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Actually anon, I DO have the facts. One player who applied to West is not in the state squad.
The two who applied who are in the state squad applied to go to Norwood - where NONE of the state coaches are at.
You can spout whatever venom at other clubs you want. Fact is if you fix your club perhaps 3 players wouldn't be applying for clearances!

Reply #465020 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think you will find the one going to West is a bottomager. He has the thinking that he will make state next year if he moves.

Problem is with one of the worse ever results in U18s last year, if there is another substandard result I would think there's a good chance the coaching regime will need to get moved on. The kid will be stuck at West with no guarantee any promises can be delivered on. he should stay with his current club.

Reply #465023 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

So what is substandard with this years group?

Not sure 7th was a completely terrible outcome last year given the group and the 16s finished 11th last year and the coach there has been returned. We all know this years 18's is not strong so I hardly think you should be blaming the coaching staff when the clubs are the ones who are working with the kids every week.

Reply #465028 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I think you will find the one going to West is a bottomager".

So what? He is NOT in the state squad. You are making a lot of assumptions with NO evidence to back it up - including accussing the coach (who is a former NBL player and man of great repute) of making promises... to a player not even in his squad.
Two others - who are in the state squad - also put in clearances. So there must be issues within this team - the same team that was one weird BSA ruling away from being minor premiers! Perhaps instead of wailing and crying about it you could find out WHY these three all want to leave? You might be able to fix the issue, though I doubt it. Much easier to sook on a website.

Reply #465045 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Two others HAVE NOT put in for a clearances.

The other was a late cut from the state team team and the by-laws are absolutely clear as to what should happen

Care to try for more lack of facts anon??

Reply #465048 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The two DID put in for clearances to Norwood, they have told a number of people, including me. They also said they were talking with North about what may be done to keep them there. But you are wrong - clearances were put in. But keep up your North propoganda and West-bashing - keep those heads in the sand while other talented juniors keep seeking a better service! With delusions like yours it's no wonder players are looking to get out from a team that could have finished top!

So the guy who CUT him made promises? haha you get more ridiculous with each post.

Reply #465082 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Norwood, the very club that whines and complains about how they have no money and need the Easter Classics to make a dollar, must have more money than they let on if they can afford to pay for all these two kids demand.

Good luck Norwood, and what about the kids who lose their spot when these two come along and play for free?

Reply #465097 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've read this entire thread and I'm still none the wiser. Who are they actually playing for?

Reply #465107 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

to compare state results is a difficult task. easiest way to do this is look 2 years back. 2 years ago, the group finished 5th, and should have finished top 4. They picked up 2 kids who became 2 of their top 3 players and had a worst result.

I think the maths is pretty simple here. Will be interesting to see how they go this year. Easy to say they wont be very good and blame others for poor results...

Reply #465110 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No matter. 7th is a substandard result. Simple

Reply #465120 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So anon 082. Went to watch round 2 of Woodville v North U 18's

Three Sudanese kids played for North and played well along with both teams. Are any of these the ones who lodged a clearance to go to Norwood. Seems your facts are not really facts !!

Reply #465174 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who won the basketball and who won the brawl?

Reply #465186 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

North

Reply #465194 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:04 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754