Jack Toft
Years ago

Semi 2: Tigers v Sixers

Tigers have their tails between the legs as they face off against the Sixers at home.

The good news for Tiger fans in that when your team has their head was in the game, the Tigers play some nice basketball with Goulding their first choice in offence. When things didn't go Wright for them, their body language changes and things go south faster than a hot balloon in a hail storm. The bad news for Tigers fans is getting the Tigers out of the mental game is easier than getting Eddie Maguire talking about Collingwood.

In game 1 Goulding was on fire early, but the Sixers got out their fire extinguishers and he was quickly extinguished like a small rubbish bin fire. Morrison was fine as well, but fouled out. Wortho was disappointing in Semi 1. He went looking for the contact foul every time he laid it up. Now getting the 2 + 1 is important, but unless you're shooting 90%+ FT, getting the 2 points should come first. Ballinger has been played very well and much better than he did when he was in the tricolours.

Unfortunately the Tigers are only one trick deep and if the refs actually open up their eyes and call the moving picks on every Goulding cut, they wouldn't have 5 on court by half time. The Tigers have played many Sunday afternoon games this season and are 5 from 13 (38%) in the afternoon game slot. Sixers are 5 from 10 (50%).

The Sixers have a great opportunity to put the Tigers out of their misery and unless the Tigers are wind assisted, their rough house tactics will be their undoing as good quality teams just keep their head in the game and play the ball not the man. Poorly disciplined teams are easily tipped over the edge.

I think Dr Darren better bring a mate 'cos it could get nasty when the Sixers win.

Topic #34068 | Report this topic

Jake  
Years ago

Well said Jack. Go sixers!

Reply #465308 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Great value for the Sixers @$2.23

Reply #465313 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Yes I am really shocked that Tigers are $1.65.

Reply #465318 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

I expected Adelaide to be at $1.65 but the tigers at home will put up a fight.
Perth is at $1.44 v Hawks $2.81 but the game should be closer than the odds suggest.

Reply #465334 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

6ers will smash them, If Tomlinson has any issues at all with his cramp, forget about it. Go ahead be physical, Tigers will throw 1 good quarter at us, 6ers by 12+.

Reply #465372 | Report this post

Is this game on FTA? I can only find the Perth-Gong game.

Reply #465373 | Report this post

All good - found it:
12:30-2:30 on 10.

Reply #465375 | Report this post

Gordon Liddy  
Years ago

RET ROW RIXERS!!!!!

Reply #465380 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

I expect the sixers to close this one out the tigers are pussies when the pressure is on

Reply #465381 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Lots of empty seats.

Reply #465383 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Looks like there's more Sixers fans there than Tigers fans - or at least the noisy ones!

Reply #465390 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL, 22 fouls called in 15 mins of basketball. No wonder why this sport is dying. Here on the big stage, post season, and people pay to watch a free throw contest? LOL. This league is the biggest joke in the world. No wonder we wont hardly have any representation in the world championships and Olympics from this joke of a league.

LOL, this league will be dead in 4-5 years. Who wants to watch this trash.

Reply #465391 | Report this post

Moneyballer  
Years ago

Well that escalated quickly.^^^

Reply #465392 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Damn we really let that lead slip, but Goulding was on.

Reply #465394 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon #391 um ok...

They took our jobs!

dey tuk our jarbs!

Reply #465395 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL, just run into the lane, don't need to have any control, no skill, no balance and the referee will award you with FT's.
What a joke of a league. Again, no wonder we wont have hardly any representation from the NBL in the Olympics and world championships in the boomers squad. This league is a joke.

Reply #465396 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Goulding just throws himself into the defender on drives and it's a foul? Cool....

Reply #465397 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

36ers up 9 at Qtr time, now down 2 at H/T 48-46.

We scored 31 in the 1st Qtr just 15 in the 2nd Qtr.

Reply #465399 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon #396 wrote:

"Herp da derp derpa derp. A derpity

derpity herpa derp derp. Derp derp

derp. A herp derp herpity derpity derp."

Yep okay thanks for your contribution.

Reply #465400 | Report this post

Vodka63  
Years ago

Anon 396..you watch the game, and take the time to post about it. If it is so bad, why are you wasting your valuable time watching and commenting?

Reply #465403 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boomers squad
Mills, Delly, Bogut, Baynes, Newley, Ingles, Barlow, Exum

Who from the NBL would make this team? Goulding. That's it. LOL

Reply #465404 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reffing is 100% better than last season yet someone will always not be happy.

Reply #465405 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ballinger is a former shell of himself.

Reply #465406 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Not sure what the boomers squad has to do with this game. If you don't like it don't watch it. Simple logic.
Barlow a boomer? Wtf.

Reply #465407 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow Teys handed the keys to the car and doing well.

Morrison unless under the basket has no versatility whatsoever.

Reply #465408 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Naming Barlow goes to show how little the Anon knows. lmao

Reply #465409 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Teys 10pts has come out of nowhere. Obviously Joey sees something in this kid (also Blaze DP) and he is delivering.

Reply #465410 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So sad how we can't shoot threes at all. :x

Reply #465411 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Carter and Teys our best who would have thought a few months ago

Reply #465412 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where is the chit chat amongst the fans? Come on Sixers fans it's not that hard to do two things at once... or is it?

Reply #465413 | Report this post

bk  
Years ago

we are doing 2 things at once watching the game and swearing a lot

Reply #465415 | Report this post

Lucas000  
Years ago

Goulding in beast mode as usual. NBA bound

Reply #465416 | Report this post

Lucas000  
Years ago

Cheap shot Ervin

Reply #465417 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gary Ervin is a tosser what the hell was that... Seriously

Reply #465418 | Report this post

Vodka63  
Years ago

Ervin, a weak front runner.

Reply #465419 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Gary Ervin is a vagina.

Reply #465420 | Report this post

samesame  
Years ago

Ervin needs to be rubbed out for that. Disgusting stuff.

Reply #465421 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ervin just played his last game for Adelaide.

Reply #465422 | Report this post

bk  
Years ago

I hope he gets at least 1 game suspension for that we play a lot better without him he has annoyed the crap out of me nearly all season

Reply #465423 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah that was not great considerng it looks like we need to play again.

Reply #465424 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

Ervin is a little bitch! Dirtiest player in the league

Reply #465425 | Report this post

Quasi  
Years ago

Ervin - as a 6ers fan have had a love/hate relationship with him all season. Loved his game on Thursday, back to pathetic cheap shots at the worst times this afternoon. Basically threw the game away

Reply #465426 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ervin returned to the league this season with a huge attitude. Seemed to be getting better during the last few weeks but he is back to his best. Headcase who has lost his Hawks form and is frustrated. He couldn't handle Goulding owning him, while Chris was Ervin was laughing as if he had the better of him, yeah keep dreaming dude.

Reply #465427 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Yes I am really shocked that Tigers are $1.65."

I got the Tigers @ $1.96 opening odds from Marathonbet last night :)

Reply #465428 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I expect the sixers to close this one out the tigers are pussies when the pressure is on"

hahahahahahahaha

Sixers are the pussies led by head vagina Gary Ervin!

Reply #465429 | Report this post

Was undisciplined and unnecessary, but was Goulding's reaction on par with the contact? Me thinks not.

Reply #465430 | Report this post

Coeezy  
Years ago

Cheap yes, but knowing Goulding, he may have probably put a little acting into it.

Reply #465431 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers saw Goulding already half injured with the ankle and started to rough him up, closing him out hard on each possession, it was evident they wanted to injure him for Game 3. Very dirty and unsportsmanlike.

Reply #465432 | Report this post

William  
Years ago

What is going to happen to NBL on Tuesday as Melbourne is set to win and will be played at the same time as Swimming. The events are supposed to be on One

Reply #465433 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Goulding may have gone down harder (flopped?) than was called for....but he had every right to IMO. Seriously WTF was Ervin thinking? Joey Wright did the right thing immediately benching him.

Brendan Teys has been good today from what I've seen.

More than a few 'home town' calls out there but you'd expect that.

Game 3 in Adelaide it will be.

Reply #465434 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So the question now is do Adelaide hold juniors on Tuesday nights LOL? Another excuse for a weak crowd, it sounds like juniors train or play every night of the week.

Reply #465435 | Report this post

samesame  
Years ago

With the angle of the camera available, how anyone can say that Gouldings reaction wasn't equivalent, is rubbish.

Taking an unexpected knee to the midsection would drop a lot of people.

Dirty move, and not one person should be condoning it. Regardless of who you go for, or your thoughts on Goulding.

He should be rubbed out, but the league will take the soft option and not suspend him.

Reply #465436 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Game 3 won't be live on One, only NBL.TV as swimming is live.

Reply #465437 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Doesn't matter if Goulding added some more. Ervin deliberately raised his knee in to his groin. Moronic and dirty.

Reply #465438 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

36ers up 9 at the end of the 1st and lose by 11.

Awesome effort.

If Ervin gets suspended series could be over.

Reply #465439 | Report this post

Vodka63  
Years ago

Massive CHOKE from Adelaide.

Reply #465440 | Report this post

William  
Years ago

Anon - the games are suppose to be live on FTA

Reply #465441 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Goulding didn't say much in his post game interview with Andrew Gaze....but did say it wasn't in the mid-section. Ervin got him square in the balls (man parts Goulding called it).

Stupid stupid move.

Reply #465442 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Only the first two games were promoted as live, I believe.

Reply #465443 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm not sure if that Ervin knee got Goulding in the balls but was a very dirty play regardless and although it will probably cost us our season he deserves to be rubbed out.

Reply #465444 | Report this post

Foul ding comments on it at the end of the game... Could've declined like the AFL players do.

As for Goulding stating he felt something in his man parts... Ervin made no contact with Gouldings forehead!

Reply #465445 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

After that play, no Adelaide fan should be commenting on who the leagues biggest dickhead is. It's been Ervin all season and he just confirmed it.

Reply #465446 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

Knew it wouldn't take long for adelaide supporters to start calling goulding for flopping

Reply #465447 | Report this post

William  
Years ago

@The Situation - yes but that's only if it doesn't go into a third

Reply #465448 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ervin, that was disgraceful.

Reply #465449 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Ervin rightfully copped an Unsportsmanlike foul. Shouldn't that be the end of it?

Reply #465450 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A blatant knee to the balls, or at worst attempt to do so? I don't think so.

Reply #465451 | Report this post

Jez  
Years ago

I love his passion, but Ervin seems to have a pretty laissez-faire approach to the professionalism of the NBL in general. Seen a few 'street-ball' style cheap shots from him. And if you check his twitter page, some of the comments he's made about the refereeing ... let's just say he certainly isn't worried about getting any fines.

Reply #465452 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Before jumping on Ervin for alleged contact, need to look at the whole situation. What provocation was there? What caused Goulding to fall onto Ervin's body? With a dodgy ankle perhaps Goulding slipped and Ervin was trying to stop him from falling on the court?

Reply #465453 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And Ervin has been the one talking about the tigers taking cheap shots. What a joke - he was completely outplayed and had to resort to that. The nbl should rub him out of Tuesday night's game. He's the biggest b#%*h in the league.

Reply #465454 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I don't mind the series going to a third game. When it comes to cooking Tiger, you need to cook the meat slowly to seal in all the flavour.

Reply #465455 | Report this post

Keany  
Years ago

Won't they just put it on channel 10 instead of OneHd? By the way how awsome is it having two live games in a row? It should happen every weekend

Reply #465457 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Years ago

Missed the game but sounds like Goulding burnt us. What did Ervin do ?

Worried about game 3 now.

Reply #465458 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Before jumping on Ervin for alleged contact, need to look at the whole situation. What provocation was there? What caused Goulding to fall onto Ervin's body? With a dodgy ankle perhaps Goulding slipped and Ervin was trying to stop him from falling on the court?

Are you serious Jack? I knew you were one-eyed but this is nuts.

You know there is absolutely no justification for intentionally kneeing another player in the balls.

Even if the NBL wimps out and doesn't suspend him if I were Joey I wouldn't play him on Tuesday night and tell him to pack his bags and piss off.

One of the most pathetic acts I've seen on a basketball court.

Reply #465459 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

When will tickets be available for members?

Reply #465460 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Ervin is jeckyl and Hyde. Superstar in game 1 and wanker in game 2.

Reply #465462 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If I'm in the tigers and losing and Ervins on at the end I'm getting him

Reply #465463 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Have to agree with @thesituation........looked pretty from what I saw. Even if he was verbally provoked you can't do that. There is no real excuse that I can see. I cannot see how he is not rubbed out for Tuesdays game.

Reply #465464 | Report this post

Quasi  
Years ago

According to Facebook, tickets on sale at 4pm today. Post doesn't differentiate between members and general public though

Reply #465465 | Report this post

James C  
Years ago

Wow lots of keyboard warriors here bagging Ervin. Ok maybe he can be a bit of a loose cannon and that was a stupid thing to do but id like to see if any of you guys can call him a vagina or dickhead to his face?? Maybe by email losers?

Reply #465466 | Report this post

Gordon Liddy  
Years ago

Everyone needs to stop s**ting themselves about Ervin. It was a knee to the balls, he got an unsportsmanlike foul, that should be the end of it. It's nothing that can be excused but you lot are talking like he doused the guy in petrol and set him on fire.

Reply #465467 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Okay guys move along now the matinee is over now time for the main event Hawks vs Wildcats

#arrogantwildcatsfan

Reply #465468 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

James, I wouldn't hesitate to say it to his face.

Reply #465469 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd happily say it to his face but then we'd have to hear him whingeing to the media about the treatment he receives.....tool!

Reply #465470 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Won't they just put it on channel 10 instead of OneHd? By the way how awsome is it having two live games in a row? It should happen every weekend"

Yep it is awesome. Not sure about double headers during regular season as not as much passion involved but loving the finals double headers.

Reply #465472 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

I thought he was lucky getting an unsportsmanlike foul - should have been ejected. Tigers actually handled the situation well as had the right to jump in.

If this incident happened in the AFL is would be 2 -3 games IMO

Reply #465473 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"According to Facebook, tickets on sale at 4pm today. Post doesn't differentiate between members and general public though"

Haha so basically one day to purchase tickets? Within that tight time frame I don't see how they can differentiate between the two.

Also why 4pm? It should be 9am or earlier where is the sense of urgency. Pretty poor. If there is a Game 3 in Perth watch the Wildcats have tickets ready to be ordered at 9am sharp.

Reply #465474 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Respect to Joey for dragging him and not putting him back in the game.

Reply #465479 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You would think by now Joey is sick of him. Around a month ago it seemed like he had enough but this is surely the final straw, which is great because I can't wait to get a better import at the guard position.

Reply #465482 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

I clicked on the same proticket link used for the first game tickets and they say they go on sale at 4.30 will check at 4 but just be patient if it's not up that may be the reason.

Reply #465484 | Report this post

Quasi  
Years ago

Clarification for members: seats being held until 4pm tomorrow. I assume that general public sales are open at 4pm today for seats that aren't held by members. Hope to get a much bigger crowd than Thursday

Reply #465486 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who else saw Big Joe a blast from the past on the Sixers bench in Melbourne. I assume he was a guest of Joey's more than anything else.

Reply #465489 | Report this post

James C  
Years ago

Back to back games is quite awesome.

Unfortunately sixers missed lots of layups and open 3's. Overall defense was good.... goulding just impossible to stop at times.

Does anyone else comment on the actual game play or just complain about players they dont like?

Im guessing Ervin just repayed the cheap shots he's been getting on all the moving screens set for Goulding....

Reply #465490 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

James C I was really worried about the Sixers lack of offense. They are the worst 3 point shooting team yet the gameplan went to jacking up threes when they went down in the third. Okay they did hit a number of threes but were offset by the Tigers being hot also from range. But surely there is something else in the gameplan from Joey aside from jacking up and hoping to get hot? It is worrying. How cold was Creek today btw.

Reply #465491 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surprised no love for Teys?

Reply #465493 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Joe was at home game I think.

Reply #465494 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting is he on Sixers staff now or just catching up with Joey?

Reply #465497 | Report this post

nailna3  
Years ago

4044 record crowd in a stadium that holds 10,200
piss poor! reflect on the figures of 3800 and 4000. One is on a Thursday night and the other is on a sunday arvo lunchtime. Melbourne is no longer the sports capital.

however game aside, they think south autralians are feral. nah mate! not when my missus and family get spat at. we clapped, cheered and said nothing (cos we are in enemy territory) but spitting? more of a joke when you consider security chuckled and said, "that's your fault".

its a poor reflection on the game, the NBL cos my parents wont go again. see what the club thinks and the nbl. bet we get nothing from the nbl. (all too important!)

but game 3 comes up Tuesday with redemption. lets see what happens at home

Reply #465506 | Report this post

Em  
Years ago

2 games of Afl on this afternoon in Melbourne might have something to do with crowd and I was sitting next to an Adelaide supporter today and I was very pleasant to him - I'm sorry if you were spat on - unfortunately there are people like that everywhere you go

Reply #465515 | Report this post

James C  
Years ago

Sixers did try too many 3's to close the gap. Where did the transition game go that gave them a 13 point lead?

I cant believe how poor attendances have been for finals! This is what the season is played for. Sure anyone can pull out any excuse.... oh it cost too much... its on tv... its on a weeknight bla bla bla.

Reply #465522 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jamar Wilson will be taking Ervin's place next season according to rumours on Ozhoops..

Reply #465525 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

I hope this thread can calm down, last couple of games is been nothing but back and forth between fans about shit. Just stick to the games, not school boy name calling and trying to one-up each other.

Hoping for a big crowd from the Adelaide faithful. Oh and tickets are live now.

Reply #465526 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Where do members enter their details to retain their seats? Did it over the phone for last game, but that option doesn't appear?

Reply #465543 | Report this post

James C  
Years ago

Great call joshuapending!

Reply #465544 | Report this post

skud  
Years ago

Love to see how many posts on here Isaac says are from the one person agreeing with themselves.

Pretty poor effort overall from the 6ers today, really didnt play to win.
Some horrible calls seems teams get home court advantage but after last Thursday I doubt we will Tuesday. The screens set for Goulding are always moving and should be called and Scott Morrison just pushing people around under the basket. Funny to hear during the Perth game that the ref's have been told to watch out for it but he got away with it the last 2 games!!

Ervin should not have hit Goulding but I would love to hear or see the lead up to it. Goulding is the biggest actor in basketball so likely the contact was not as severe as he played it to be.

Reply #465550 | Report this post

cats 4 life  
Years ago

thought redhage was? U guys are gone in game 3!

Reply #465558 | Report this post

Duffman  
Years ago

Whatever cats4choke.

Can't wait to see Adelaide hold up the trophy on your court in game 3, just like NZ last year :)

Reply #465559 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Let's see if Adelaide make grand final first.

Reply #465571 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Joe was at home game I think.

Reply #465594 | Report this post

Keany  
Years ago

I think the bigs are the main factor in this series, dj schenchier and Petrie all outplayed Melbourne in game 1 and won, Morrison walker ballingier got it done in game 2, cant wait for Tuesday night it's going to be a cracker of a game

Reply #465595 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Unfortunately missed this one due to junior state commitments, looking forward to game 3 though...

Sat down in front of the box at tea time watching the news, waiting for highlights tonight, sorry to say all I saw was highlights of just about every other sport known to man.

Then, right at the end, with 3 seconds to go the news reader mentioned that the Melbourne Tigers got over the Adelaide 36'ers in the NBL, that was it, no highlights and nothing about game 3 or anything else at all!

I know we have covered the poor media coverage about the NBL before, just wanted to share, maybe someone else also noticed this?

Reply #465599 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

I hear ya Bear, its very sad when the product is good, the fan base is there and the importance is very high - A Semi Final in a professional sporting league. To receive a token mention at the end by the local news is very poor.

On a national level its much worse - this morning, was flicking between Weekend Sunrise and Today and not a single mention by the sports reporters of either the upcoming games today, or the results so far. Every other sport played overnight and upcoming games today got plenty of coverage over and over.

The NBL could be thriving for all they know*, but I fear it will never get a foothold in mainstream media. 119,000 viewers for Game 1 in Adelaide, a 10,900 strong crowd in Perth for Game 1 on Friday, and live coverage by One of both Game 2's today played at a high standard, and yet its still ignored completely.

*The NBL is obviously not thriving, but it's done enough to at least get some attention. Nope, not even worth a second of airtime... Happens every year and I hope the NBL has this high on their agenda to improve on in the future.

Reply #465604 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Game 1 got 53k viewers, the 119k number the NBL gave was bogus.

Reply #465613 | Report this post

Em  
Years ago

Skud - home court advantage on calls today??
The calls on wortho (fouls 2 & 3) were very soft, calling that ridiculous ball up between Morrison & Schensher??

Reply #465622 | Report this post

Em  
Years ago

Skud - home court advantage on calls today??
The calls on wortho (fouls 2 & 3) were very soft, calling that ridiculous ball up between Morrison & Schensher??

Reply #465623 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The 119k was total , the 53k is capital city only

TV ratings need a degree to understand them

Reply #465636 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Interested to know what other people think about the TV Coverage showing images/talking about/interviewing AFL players.

I know that from a marketing perspective it may help bring in more 'AFL fans'.

But, it does kind of piss me off -- trying to promote the NBL and help it grow and they're talking about the AFL. The NBL should be trying to differentiate itself/compete with the AFL, not promote it.

Reply #465639 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also doesn't help when Lachy Reid says all afl players could play NBL

Reply #465644 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Farrakhan shot the ball with 15 second left in the game when they were up 11.

Isn't that going to make Ervin even more angry?

Reply #465673 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

Em,

Did the Sixer fan next to you get spat on or were you joking?

I expected to be taunted by at least one person after the game but it never happened. It felt like a very civil crowd.

Reply #465676 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Excuses excuses why must people have a shot at the refs.
I'm not some ref lover but I saw the better team win today .
At least we all agree Ervin is nuts (sorry Chris).
Very hard to pick a winner for game 3 at this stage.

Reply #465677 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

"The Sixers have a great opportunity to put the Tigers out of their misery and unless the Tigers are wind assisted, their rough house tactics will be their undoing"

Oh, Jack.

Reply #465710 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Sadly, they did have an opportunity and it was missed, and I think the foul count of the Tigers in the first quarter showed the way the game could have been played.

Gouling was a beast and was the difference between the two teams. Desperately needs a new nickname, "Bubbles" just doesn't sound right. It's what 20 stone murderers call their cell mates.

Reply #465717 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

..sorry that i wanted game3 at home.....we weren't much good at doing layups, while goulding got 37 at the other end....

Reply #465744 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goulding succeeded off moving screen, travels and push offs which the refs did not pick up. Frustration set in for Joey and it went in from there. Where screens have been pinged Goulding doesn't make that much difference at both ends. Semi 1 he sulked constantly, exaggerated contact throwing his head back along with Wortho but the umps didn't really buy into it. Semi 2 however they did along with the commentators who have a relationship with Melbourne so not impartial as commentators should be. Goulding won't make NBA as they won't put up with his antics and he won't get away with the nonsense he does here. Yes he can shoot but that really is his game. If he thinks he gets it rough here, ????

While I'm on a rant, no one seems to be interested in commenting on Worthos Spit off court. Seriously, he is just as bad. Ervin is hot headed but when you get the contact he does with his height and weight you feel it a little more than say a DJ or Petrie and bound to react in such an intense game. Funny he has only reacted like this with Perth and Melbourne.. ALong with many other teams who had enough on occasions and although not physical there has been plenty of mouthing off and who could blame them,

Really hope that Melbourne doesn't get through. If they do it will be a rough one..... Home and Away can start scouting for new actors…...

Reply #465760 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

6ers fan complain a lot dont they, i would hate to marry one.

Reply #465761 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not a sixes fan... a basketball fan…...

Reply #465763 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Wortho's dummy spit was entirely justified due to a terrible call for his third foul, and I think for all his toolishness in the past, walking off the court and away from the bench area to vent was the best thing he could have done.

Reply #465764 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Worthington had a dummy spit and walked off court but he didn't knee a 36ers player- perhaps he should have then supporters of his could complain about the sixer player flopping!

Reply #465765 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Interested to know what other people think about the TV Coverage showing images/talking about/interviewing AFL players."

It's disgusting to me, I'm watching NBL for NBL not AFl.

"Also doesn't help when Lachy Reid says all afl players could play NBL"

That was downright disrespectful.

Reply #465932 | Report this post

Wildcat Fan  
Years ago

Agree - I didn't like that comment at all, and I'm a Lachy Reid fan. There's no way even the most talented basketball player that plays AFL can even come close to playing NBL ball.

I generally don't mind the cross over to AFL players in the crowd, in a way is adds some credibility to the NBL that they can get high profile AFL players interested in this league and thats good to see.

If it was reciprocated in AFL telecasts however, that would be bloody great, but of course that will never happen.

Just have to live with it.

Reply #465975 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I also disliked that comment. A SEABL star like Massingale was generally made to look hapless in the NBL. Almost every AFL player would be useless. They could run and mug but that would be it. Idiotic call by the commentator.

Reply #465979 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

There were a couple of AFL players doing a shoot out at the last 36ers game and they could barely hit 1-2 FT out of 10.

Reply #465980 | Report this post

Uncle Phil  
Years ago

I managed to get to the game having had a wedding in ballarat on saturday, Was able to convince the Mrs to come with me to support the sixers. Was unfortunately a disappointing loss, and the cheapshot by Ervin was just dumb, although I didn't see it properly. Sixers were still in the game at that point but after an unsportsmanlike was called - it was over.

Goulding was on fire, impressive to watch him hit some of those high degree of difficulty shots, the elevation he gets is what makes him so dangerous cause even with guys in his face, he is still able to get a good look at the basket. Exciting to have that talent in Australia. Was a fair few home town calls - Morrison was allowed to get away with a lot of contact everywhere on the floor, but I guess thats to be expected.

Was my first time watching an nbl game at a venue other than adelaide arena. Must say the crowd was rather dissapointing and the atmosphere in Hisense wasn't great, Adelaide arena and the Adelaide fans are better in this regard. Those damn clappers they gave the melbourne fans were so annoying but I guess they need something to distract them from their skinny soy chai lattes and help them make some noise. The court anouncer was also pretty terrible, much better done in Adelaide also. Hisense arena itself is a nice new venue with good facilities though, probably needs a more comprehensive scorboard however.

Will be sad to miss game 3 as i'll stIl be on holidays. Pretty confident the sixers will win even if Ervin is suspended.

Reply #466110 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

"Hisense arena itself is a nice new venue"
It was built in 2000, it's hardly 'new'.

"probably needs a more comprehensive scorboard however."
There's a maximum of one more Tigers game there in the foreseeable future, so it's probably not something they've worried about too much.

Reply #466246 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

Reply #466341 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:15 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754