Rashad
Years ago

SF Game 2 Hawks V Wildcats

Broadcast: ONE, live (check local guides); LIVE ON NBL.TV

Last time they met: Perth 91 (Ennis 25, Jervis 14, Redhage 12) d Wollongong 79 (Clarke 23, Forman 18, Tiggs 12), SF1, Perth Arena

Great game to watch on Friday, hope it's another cracker. Even though i'm a mad wildcats fan, think I'm gonna tip the Gong at home by 7.

Topic #34071 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

The Last Act of Defiance

The Hawks put a shot across the bow of SS Wildcats in game 1 and I am sure Trevor G followed my advice and went the brown jocks. He'll need them again today.

Hawks on the home court should serve up a spicy dish to the Cats, who hopefully are on time as I hear they are such nice guys they get distracted helping little old ladies across the road and getting their cats down from trees.

Hawks need to improve on the boards in game 1 the OR count was 15:4 and that was about the only difference. With a fanatical home crowd behind them, Hawks will be putting on the Rambo wig and have nothing to lose. When the Hawks go nuts, they hang on like a orca on his trainer at sea world. The Cats players better be wearing the brown jocks as well.

I think the Hawks can push this to a third game.

Reply #465353 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

*yawn*

Reply #465354 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

You're up early! what time is it over there?

Reply #465355 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

I don't say this with too much confidence but I think Perth will get up.

Reply #465356 | Report this post

Rashad  
Years ago

Oh the joy's of starting work at 6am on a sunday -.-

Reply #465363 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Who can sleep in on game day??

Reply #465364 | Report this post

hoops147  
Years ago

I think everyone is rooting for the hawks to see the wildcats choke again.

Reply #465374 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

#28straightchokes

Reply #465376 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

The hawks with their backs to the wall will get up in this one but should be close. Would like to see the cats go inside to knight a little more often

Reply #465384 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Agree, bol bol. Perth needs to move the ball a little more; they get very stagnant at times. Still, I can't see a Hawks win today. The Wildcats will just grind them out.

Reply #465387 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brad Rosen facepalm moment.

Moans disbelief how the players step outside the court constantly and after the statement mentions how the three point line was moved. Well der? that might be why it is happening a lot more, you didn't play with the new lines so move along. You can't compare eras.

Reply #465471 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I can feel the hate emanating from the Hawks crowd towards the Wildcats. Nice atmosphere unlike the low crowd at Hisense.

Reply #465481 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Redhage... wait for it, wait for it... BEAST MODE!

Reply #465485 | Report this post

Catsfan  
Years ago

Redhage is on fire! 19 points in the first half, 7/8 from the field and 3/3 from the 3 point line.

Reply #465492 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Had 17/33 at one stage now 19/39 Wildcats pts. BEAST!

Reply #465495 | Report this post

Vodka63  
Years ago

Hey Jack, perhaps the Wildcats could drop some of those brown jocks in to Adelaide as they fly home...you might need them next week

Reply #465513 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

Wow! Did not expect this.. the cats have just blown it apart in the gong

Reply #465517 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

perth are scary when they play at their best

Reply #465524 | Report this post

Catsfan  
Years ago

Haha, good call Vodka63!

Reply #465528 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Well done Perth 80-61.

Reply #465531 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Perth easily too good. Forman a non-factor and many others failed to finish opportunities. Coenraad did OK as he often does in a loss.

Redhage played his ace at a useful time.

Reply #465536 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rosen is right, for Perth to be beaten over a 3 game series it would tae them being not on top of their game and other two teams(Melbourne or Adelaide) on top of their games.

Reply #465537 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

Hawks could not get anything going in the second half. Cats just cranked up the D and rotnei and forman couldn't get a look.
Ennis has rediscovered his stroke from the perimeter in the past couple of games which is looking ominous!

Reply #465538 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Vodka63, only one pair required......for Gary

Reply #465541 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Good solid win to send us through with a bit of an extra break.

Reply #465561 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Long break it is indeed. Could be a little too long.

Reply #465569 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Uh, we're talking about an extra two days, not a week, you know?

Reply #465575 | Report this post

Flatshot  
Years ago

In the final analysis too many hawks drove into the key way and did not dish off when faced with a forest of wildcats.
Unfortunate that they did not stick with their relatively successful formula of shooting over the top and although Clark and Forman were well held in the first half, in the second half they were free often enough but the drivers did not dish.
But Wildcats has been the best team this year and are entitled to one of the grand final spots.

Reply #465714 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Rosen is right..."

I think I can see where you went wrong there.

Reply #465716 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sunday to the following Monday. Hmmm amounts to an eight day break which I guess is equivalent to a Friday and then a game the following Sat/Sun in the regular rounds. Standard.

Reply #465941 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:16 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754