sitiveni
Years ago

Delly getting NBA recognition

Just checking out nba.com and the power rankings this is what they had for Cleveland.

Cleveland (30-45)
Pace: 95.4 (19), OffRtg: 100.5 (24), DefRtg: 104.9 (20), NetRtg: -4.4 (24)
The Cavs have won four of their last five (without Kyrie Irving) to put themselves in the picture for that last playoff spot in the East. Matthew Dellavedova isn't Irving, but he's been running the offense pretty well. The Cavs are a plus-10.5 per 100 possessions in 625 minutes with Dellavedova and Dion Waiters on the floor together, a mark that's much better than any of their other guard combinations.

Topic #34094 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

A case of team work v individual brilliance!

Reply #466127 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

Delly allows waiters to do his thing...as irving is all about "him" never makes others better.

Reply #466129 | Report this post

Years ago

they are getting good value for their money

Reply #466135 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kyrie has an ego larger than that of Delly and Waiters combined, which is something the Cav's will not be able to control, unfortunately for them!

Reply #466143 | Report this post

Daltonfor3  
Years ago

Seems other Cavs like him too.

http://www.cavstheblog.com/?p=25214#more-25214

Great to see him get what he deserves.

Reply #466161 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would take Irving over delly and waiters any day sorry

Reply #466170 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

If somehow they can all work together, with the improvement in Delly and Waiters, then add the star quality of Irving, they would be hard to beat.

Obviously they can't all be on court at the same time, so not an easy one...

Reply #466173 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Last post

No idea about basketball

Probably wears a Miami singlet to social games

Chump

Reply #466174 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ +1

Reply #466183 | Report this post

@170 I would take Irving over delly and waiters any day sorry.
Probably take Buddy Franklin and Brendan Fevola as well if you were into footy?

All of them are team wreckers who are concerned more about their own numbers than team success. You can keep have that type of player anytime - I'll take the team man and enjoy my championships while you brag about your guy winning MVP.

Reply #466190 | Report this post

sircreate  
Years ago

Irving is a team wrecker? wtf are you on

Irving is having a down year there is no doubt about that, his shooting and assists are down compared to his previous two seasons, but it was Dion who was causing drama early on in the season. The biggest cancer the team had was Bynum and getting rid of him helped the team alot.. not to mention GJ was utter crap early on and only recently has been playing decent ball.

You offer any team either Irving(this years MVP) or Dion/Delly and your a fool if you think anyone picks other then Irving

Reply #466197 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

That's why the Cavs should offer Irving, get something good in return and keep actually winning.

Reply #466203 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

"You offer any team either Irving(this years MVP) or Dion/Delly and your a fool if you think anyone picks other then Irving"

Yeah, but the NBA is star driven and GMs as well as most fans buy into the hype.

Irving is a very good scorer and number 1 draft pick but ask yourself, can you build a winning *team* around him?

It's no co-incidence that being forced to go with a less star-focused line up means players like Delly, Jack, Varejao, Waiters and Deng are becoming more of a well rounded unit and making a better 'team'.

Reply #466204 | Report this post

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

Paul, I agree. They would appear to be giving up a lot and thus might be willing to get a team to take some cap space off them as well.

Personally I think they should trade Irving and Jack as a package deal; Jack is a good bench player but nowhere near worth what the Cavs offered him.

They need to re-sign Deng as a priority, start Delly as PG next season, and try to find a centre with some size that can at least fill the lane, alter shots, grab some boards.

Look at what GSW have done, by adding a big man in Bogut combined with a capable forward who can hit a long range jumper, a glue guy in Iggy and an excellent back court, they could win 50 games this year - not bad for being what, 3 seasons on from being a 30 win team? the Cavs would do well to follow that example and in the easier conference, they could potentially be conference semi finalists in 3 or 4 years.

Reply #466207 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

You guys are forgetting that cleveland is the dumbest franchise in the league...

Why are you trying to bestow them with foresight? It's like projecting human intelligence onto an ape...

Reply #466210 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Irving was voted to start an all star game but has yet to lead his team to the playoffs. I think he's a good player but if I were the Cavs I would trade him and get something of value in return rather than let him walk as a free agent

Reply #466211 | Report this post

If he walks as a free agent you get something very valuable in return, Team work and work ethic.

Guy gets all star MVP but his team improves without him - Says a lot

Reply #466261 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Delly is a straight up beast. Would make any team better

Reply #466265 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

The problem isnt kyrie irving. You give any young superstar a coach that lets him walk all over them and you'll see a similar outcome. His head will inflate.

Brown should be gone next year. Bennett will be productive. Youll see a different on court product if management sorts their shit out.

Reply #466285 | Report this post

Lance_Uppercut  
Years ago

If it was 1-on-1 street ball i'd pick Kyrie, but its not uncle drew time its the NBA, and having a player that wants to and knows how to make his team better is what Delly is all about.

Reply #466299 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty sure buddy franklin has 2 flags

Reply #466457 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Ok so we are trading Kyrie... But for whom?

It sounds like you are thinking of a centre but is there anyone out there desirable enough to trade for him?

From what I've seen LaMarcus Aldridge could be a good trade target for them

Reply #466499 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Delly is having the best Aussie rookie season since Bogut atm.

17.1mpg (14th for rookies)
4.6ppg (19th for rookies)
2.4apg (7th for rookies)
3pt% 37.1% (4th for rookies)

Great season

Reply #466659 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:47 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754