skull
Years ago

Gliddon re-signs for 1 year

just been announced by the club.....good signing !

Topic #34096 | Report this topic

skull  
Years ago

so far - Gliddon,Young,Weigh & Trigger are signed.

Reply #466192 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

What are your thoughts of him now essentially playing the 1 exclusively?

Reply #466209 | Report this post

Tiger Watcher  
Years ago

They spend big $$$ this year with no success...it has been a few years since they have really had major success...might be time for a change in coaching this off season

Reply #466214 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Not so sure about him playing the point he has been a shooting guard throughout his career.
I'm not surprised at his signing he stated that he wanted more responsibility but am surprised he only signed for one year.

Reply #466217 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

@Steven - he picked up his option for the final year of a 2+1 initial deal... Other players in the past have re-signed, taking up their final year option and extended their contracts though (Damo and Wagstaff in Perth) so strange that this wasn't the case here as well...

Surprised that they were negotiating on things for the option, I'm by no means a legal-type person, but I would have thought the conditions would have been already set? Maybe there was some wriggle room and there were some compromises made on both sides to lock him in for the final year, Taipans getting a lower price for him for one more season and Cam hopefully having a full season to improve even more and get a better deal (there or elsewhere) the season after...

Reply #466219 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Gliddon played quite a bit of PG this year, it's not like it will be a new experiment this season. The Taipans now need to find a quick combo guard import assuming Wilson is gone as rumoured.

Reply #466221 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

Mick,i like the idea of him at 1.

At gametime he looks really comfortable with it and with the RIGHT players around him he will flourish.
He is long defensively and a great decision maker for his age,we haven't seen the best of Gliddon yet.
Jamar always ended up so deep in the offense chasing rebounds that it eventually hurt Cairns who became easy beats in transition after losing Grabau in particular.

This might sound silly but Gliddon reminds me of Phil Smyth running the point....an upgrade defensively and height, but decision making and shot selection/accuracy similar.

Reply #466224 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The main problem with this team is the Trig/Loughton combo (although they didn't play much together this season due to injuries). I think Fearne thought he could coax defense out of anybody, although he isn't thibodeau.

They lost their anchor in Crosswhite and never looked to replace him.

Put a long rim protector on this team and put Trig/Loughton in a time share and a lot of problems with this team are fixed.

Reply #466253 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Anyone think Loughton will stay?

Reply #466258 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Agree with anon two above. They need athleticism in the frontcourt badly. Really, there weren't too many situations this season where the Taipans had a genuine athletic advantage in any position.

Reply #466260 | Report this post

Moo moo  
Years ago

Herd along the grapevine that Loughton has not been offered a contract for next year..

Reply #466771 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

might be time for alex to move on....there isnt room for him and trigger,need a 5 man.

Reply #466951 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

If I were Cairns I would target an import to play 4/5 and a combo guard to pair up with Gliddon.

Reply #466996 | Report this post

Good player on the wrong team

Reply #467015 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:08 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754