MW
Years ago

Holmes a starter

Considering Jacob Holmes ABA season, I think he is going to really come out this year and become a permanent starter in the sixers roster, putting up big numbers, what do you think? I think he is capable of a double double average

Topic #341 | Report this topic

yogee  
Years ago

Remember ABA quality is very different to NBL quality.

Yes, Jacob is deserving of a starting role, and probably will start, more than likely in the SF (or 3) spot.

Reply #2612 | Report this post

Stephon  
Years ago

Jacob is more than capable of averaging a double-double.

His improvement has been outstanding and the fact he will get to play his more natural NBL position of SF with a bit of PF here and there will do him the world of good for the 36ers.

He produced the goods in every finals game even though every other team knew he was the go to guy.

He did it against guys that have either played NBL or are playing NBL as well.

Good luck for opposing teams trying to stop Holmes this season. They will have to find a way to stop Maher and Farley first, then stop Rychart in the post. There is no way Holmes will encounter the same defensive attention at NBL level.

Apart from Andrew Bogut (who will never play NBL anyway) there is no other young Australian player I'd rather have on the 36ers. His re-signing was huge for the 36ers.

Good luck to Jacob for the 36ers this season. His performances at his age for Eastern were outstanding.

Congrats to all the Eastern players and coaching staff. They played some great basketball. Congrats also to Brad Davis who showed why he has been a member of the 36ers squad in the past.

Reply #2613 | Report this post

Blue Collar  
Years ago

Its obvious to me that Holmes is a starter this year... after all, he started all year last year and put up good numbers, especially prior to Maher's comeback.

In my opinion, he is already a permanent starter...

Reply #2614 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

No question before the final he was a starter already. After seeming him knock down immpossible to defend fade aways, I can't see anyone stopping him on his day in the NBL.

Jacob my tip for most improved this season. Maybe get his average up to around 17ppg, (hopefully at a better clip this year).

Thanks Jacob, I had a bet with my mate at 2:1 odds, and I picked up $50 thanks to you!!!!!!

Reply #2638 | Report this post

Mw  
Years ago

I did not realise his NBL numbers last year were so good, 13ppg & 8rpg.

Reply #2639 | Report this post

incognito  
Years ago

I would have thought thats huge for a 19/20 yr old mw. This season he will be 17 +, 10 + thats a double, double.

Reply #2640 | Report this post

occy  
Years ago

If Jocob holmes is not the most underated player in this country is saw him in 3 of the finals games plus numerous times throught the season he is increddible and nobody can stop him. The only man with any sense "Phil Smyth" pick him in the Australian team and he should still be there and i would be suprised with a awsome season and boomers selection next season

Reply #2772 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Actually, Brian Goorjian selected Jacon into the Boomers squad, where he got to play a few minutes in a couple of "friendlies".

I think you will find Jacob should make his International debut at the Commonwealth Games.

Reply #2775 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:48 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754