Matthew
Years ago

Grand Final Series Tickets Costs: A Comparison

Here is a price comparison on prices split between the Perth and Adelaide locations for the finals.

Warning: Its a BIG difference! It makes me think that the Wildcats pay a lot more for use of the Perth Arena than the 36's play for use in Adelaide.

Perth:

Corporate Courtside $290.00

——————————————————————————-

Captains/Platinum $150.00

——————————————————————————–

Cap/Plat Alc. Free $100.00 – $150.00

Gold $110.00

Gold Alcohol Free $75.00 – $110.00

Silver $60.00 – $225.00

Silver Alcohol Free $60.00 – $225.00

Bronze $35.00 – $150.00

Nickel $20.00 – $90.00

Nickel Alcohol Free $20.00 – $90.00

Now Adelaide:

Platinum
Platinum $100

Gold
Gold Adult $50
Gold Concession $45
Gold Child $30
(17 Years and under)
Gold Family $110
2 Adult & 2 Children

Silver
Silver Adult $40
Silver Concession $35
Silver Child $25
(17 Years and under)
Silver Family $95
2 Adult & 2 Children

Topic #34116 | Report this topic

Jay  
Years ago

Not saying anything against Adelaide because i dont know how their fan set up goes, but Perth usually have a lot more fans competing for seats. They're yet to play a game in front of under 10,000 supporters. Its all supply and demand. The demand is "infinite" in this case because (while it wont happen) the whole population of perth could decide to go, whereas supply is limited. Therefore the higher pricing. If people continue to buy then it works.

Still better than challenge stadium, those grand final prices were high!

To be fair, the prices are only $10 higher than regular season for each category, so i think that's pretty good for a grand final game!

Reply #466705 | Report this post

nailna3  
Years ago

I think in fairness to Perth, its a new stadium, its a premier stadium and most are settled members of 8000? not sure on figures but if it holds 11000 people, im sure 7900 people will rock up for game one and game 3 if required.

in comparison with Adelaide, games don't get frequently sold out. in years gone by, the sport suffers here in Adelaide but still getting ok crowds so having the price lower helps the cause to get a near sellout crowd.

ultimately, its you the supporter who needs to worry bout attending. but prices represent good value in both venues

Reply #466707 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If there is a Game 3 in this series the Wildcats could double those prices and probably still sell out

Reply #466709 | Report this post

Jay  
Years ago

nailna3

Arena holds approx 12k people

and 7900 for a grand final seems really lowball.

As i said, they are yet to play in front of a crowd under 10,000 at the arena, ill be surprised if they get their first sub-10k crowd on Monday

Reply #466710 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

oh Ill pay my 78 dollars again for Gold but i do wonder if Adelaide had an Arena of exactly the same size in a similar location if their prices would be a duplicate. I seriously doubt it.

Quite simply, you generally pay a lot more for things in WA than you do in the other states (with some exceptions)

Reply #466711 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

"Perth usually have a lot more fans competing for seats. They're yet to play a game in front of under 10,000 supporters."
They've also only ever sold out one game at the Arena, so everyone who wants a seat is getting one and some are left over. Supply is currently greater than demand.

Reply #466712 | Report this post

Jay  
Years ago

Koberulz: First time there has been a grand final at the Arena. There's been no precedence for number of seats.

Challenge used to sell out in minutes for the grand final games. Who knows how many extra wanted to go?

I agree though, chances of selling out are slim, but its grand final, it could happen, and while it could happen they increase the price.

Prices for most professional sporting leagues grand final tickets do go up. Just ask the AFL! Paid $170 each for prelim tickets to see the Dockers play Sydney last year!

Reply #466714 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Which seating tiers tend to fill up first? Do people buy cheaper tickets and shift closer as often happens in Adelaide?

Reply #466716 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

53K at Showdown at Central Adelaide Oval with transport (Still to be tweaked but at least there is some)...….

How does this compare to games at Westlakes ….

Obviously Basketball won't attract the same numbers but what is the percentage increase front his move ???

A central Location say at Mile End or even a visiting NBA or NCCA side to the Entertainment centre might be a way of testing the waters…

Bonython Park is pretty empty most of the time too and walking distance as to Tram line…..

Imagine a D league team even against an All Stars team. Need corporate on board.

Northern and Deep Southern fans might then track in for the games. Also a deal for Saturday and Sunday afternoon games and minimal Fridays so no clashes with district next season…. Semi 1 & 3 had limited families and kids, bring in the kids and the adult fans together would fill the stadium and the happy hours have worked well.. We need to remember we have limited wealth in SA, incomes are well down on Perth and our cost of living catching up too.

Transport package deals with food, game ticket goes down well for family budgets……

How about that Jay Weth ????

Reply #466717 | Report this post

Jay  
Years ago

Isaac: as it usually goes, cheapest first! But cheapest have more seat availability than platinum. Silver has the biggest number of seats

Reply #466720 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Actually, it goes from the closest out and the furthest in. The gold and the nickel seem to go before the Silver/Bronze.

Reply #466721 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Perth Arena capacity with level 400 open, which it probably will be for the GF, is closer to 13,500 not 12,000.

I am no event promotor but I would guess the Perth Arena costs over 10x as much as it is to hire as the Adelaide Scout Hall.

Reply #466722 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting now all those district families who are committed every Friday night have the night off due to BSA postponing games for the SIxers game. If they put up ANY SPECIAL OFFERS TO DISTRICT VIA THE CLUBS and come to the game..... Thats a heap of people… trying to calculate it….Pretty big numbers….

Reply #466728 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

50 teams playing on Friday night with an average of 8 - 10 players, so 400 to 500 x 9 to 17 year olds. Add in Families then thats potentially 1 K plus if everyone went... Thats good numbers especially if you add in siblings. We were going anyway but getting there for 2nd half as members and we wouldn't miss it. We are a family of four, and many of our friends are the same and some larger families… Potential plus… Good job BSA….

Reply #466731 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

opps, missed a 1, 150 TEAMS playing Friday nights so thats even better, triple it.... Conservatively with 8 players per team 1,200 players……..

Reply #466733 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adelaide Arena was pretty much sold out for the 1st 3 years

Reply #466737 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I understand that restaurant meals are 1/3 more than equivalent places on the Eastern shore. Again it goes back to break even. If Break even is 11,000 and their average is 10,000....
Previously it has been suggested 12,000 was break even. Not sure there the $1mill profit is supposed to be coming from, Maybe they sell a lot of singlets.

Reply #466763 | Report this post

Catsfan  
Years ago

Last year I think the grandfinal game sold out in a couple of hours at the Perth Arena (if i can remember correctly..)

While we may have only sold out one game, the Bushfire Appeal game sold out the regular seats and then they opened up more seats in the highest tier!

Reply #466767 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Or maybe that 12,000 figure isn't right.

Reply #466768 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Perth Arena's official spectator capacity for basketball is 14,846 according to its website.

If last years GF game 2 at the arena was a sellout then 1,319 didn't show because the official attendance was 13,527 which is currently the highest home crowd the Wildcats have ever attracted.

Reply #466804 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Where on its website did you find that?

There are, or were at one stage, demountable seats that were supposed to go in the gaps where doors two and three are, and have never been used, which might explain the difference.

Reply #466821 | Report this post

Rat10  
Years ago

Adding to what Matthew said, having lived in both Adelaide and Perth things are far more expensive in Perth than Adelaide, including the costs of basketball tickets...

Reply #466825 | Report this post

Pugsley  
Years ago

For comparisons sake, a normal ticket (West, Row P) for game 3 of the 99 finals was $25.50

Reply #466829 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

You also got to factor in that Perth Arena was 6 months past its desired finish time and so many $millions over budget and look us Wildcats fans are paying for that!

I thought that the fire appeal game opened up 13,720 seats

Like I wrote in another post, if you don't like the price of going and watching your team then rock up anyway and be more vocal than normal !

Reply #466831 | Report this post

Ballin Fan  
Years ago

When i worked in Perth i earned 30% more than i am now earning in Adelaide, you should take higher wages into account.

That new Perth stadium though with their seats spread out so far from the court..

not close to the atmosphere in Adelaide when you have noisy fans packed close in on 4 sides in the bleachers around the court.

The last 2 finals games with the eastern bleakers back has brought the noise and atmosphere back.

Reply #466920 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

#466717, the crowd of 50,397 at the showdown was less than the record for a showdown at West Lakes of 51,140. The records crowds at football games at Adelaide Oval (62,543 1965 SANFL GF) and West Lakes (66,897 1976 SANFL GF) will not be beaten with the stadium in its current configuration.

The redevelopment wasn't about the size of the crowds at showdowns - it was more about improving attendance on the bleak evenings in Winter when West Lakes had large banks of seats blanked off. Oh, that and paying off the SACA debt.

What Perth has managed to do is to make attending basketball games desirable again. It can happen again in Adelaide and it will happen for the GF. I will be very surprised if it isn't close to capacity.

Reply #466944 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

Okay, I just went a bought a ticket for the same seat to Game 1 next Monday at Perth Arena. Total all (including paying 7.50 to get my ticket printed) it cost me 87 dollars. It cost me 75 last week.

Holy gold bars Batman!

Reply #466956 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

$30 Nickel selling in the 400-level rafters already, $150 Platinum is single-seats only, $110 Gold can only get two-seats together. $50 Bronze is heavily subscribed, most seats you can get together at the moment is 5, and that's right back in Row Y.

The $70 Silvers are the least taken-up at the moment.

Reply #466970 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

"You also got to factor in that Perth Arena was 6 months past its desired finish time"
Three years, actually. Was originally supposed to be ready for the 2009/10 Hopman Cup.

Reply #466971 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Gold now reporting as single-seats only, Bronze now down to no more than 3 in a group available.

The seats are going, going, going...

Reply #466985 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

Yeah the lady at the desk said there were not a lot of tickets left. Im just worried im gonna get stuck between two really large ladies like I did last time....

Reply #467073 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Only two-seats together left for Nickel. Single-seats only for Bronze, in those cooky stage-side box constructs. Silver still has chunks of seats left, but they're down to the corner sections.

Reckon we'll be sold out by tomorrow.

Reply #467087 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Thanks Koberulz, I knew it was a damn long time so I went the safe bet but 3 years wow that's a massive amount if money the government will get out of me (again)

Reply #467228 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is it sold out now?

Reply #467565 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL pricing = lolwtf

Reply #467572 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:26 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754