BallSoHard
Years ago

The All-NBA AFL All-Stars

With the AFL season kicking off recently, and the AFL US Combine getting underway later in April, I got to thinking about which established NBA players would best be suited to a switch to the Australian game.

Blasphemous I know for an Australian basketball fan when you consider how many talented players we lose to football each yeah.

Regardless, I had a lot of fun putting this article and graphic together and would love to hear the opinions of some fellow hoops heads :)

Check out the story here: http://ballsohardblog.wordpress.com/2014/03/28/the-ball-so-hard-all-nba-afl-all-star-team/

(It has been a while since I've posted in the forum, so apologies if I have not correctly linked the article)

Topic #34132 | Report this topic

Kobe-for-MVP  
Years ago

Love the article mate definitely an interesting discussion

Reply #466912 | Report this post

BallSoHard  
Years ago

Thanks for reading mate!

NBA players are phenomenal athletes. It would be fascinating to see if they could adapt to the required skill set of Australian Rules.

Reply #466940 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have this argument with my AFL obsessed friends for years. NBA players are the best athletes in the world. Combination of size, strength and speed, not really found in many, if any, other sports around the globe.

Reply #467067 | Report this post

BallSoHard  
Years ago

Thanks for giving it a read Anon!

Yeah the raw physical gifts and coordination are certainly there. I'm sure with some training, the ball skills could develop too.

Too bad the AFL has no where near the financial power to attract someone across like they did Izzy Falou and Karmichael Hunt.

Reply #467080 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

The biggest challenge physically would be developing the speed endurance required. Going the other way, AFL players would have to develop the CP fitness to make the constant small but explosive movements needed in hoops which don't happen anywhere near as often in Aussie rules.

Reply #467090 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:24 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754