Isaac
Years ago

Ennis misses MVP, throws All-Star trophy off wharf?

I believe Boti has a story going up shortly about this. He mentioned it in his personal-site write-up but it seemed a bit unlikely to be true. He just confirmed it on Twitter and I heard the same from another person.

Word is that after Rotnei Clarke (and Chris Goulding runner-up) beat him to win NBL MVP, Perth's James Ennis was outside on his phone and with his NBL All-Star Five award.

Story goes he was overheard speaking to someone and said something along the lines of "I don't give a fuck, get me out of here."

Then threw his trophy into the water off the wharf.

As I joked on Twitter, no wonder he went to play in Perth. It's in WA WA WA.

Topic #34135 | Report this topic

King Podge  
Years ago

Hawks fans are now claiming that Clarke could have thrown it further...

Seriously though, 12 year old's have more class than that. He's got a lot of growing up to do if he wants to make an NBA roster.

Reply #466963 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Until the details are fact, this is still just a rumour, really!!

Reply #466964 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Anyone live in Melbourne want to go for a swim?

Reply #466965 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

http://www.botinagy.com/blog/can/

Hahaha... funny stuff

Reply #466967 | Report this post

el presidente  
Years ago

I must have forgotten when they gave out "All-Star" awards last night.

Reply #466968 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Now being denied by Ennis according to Tyson Beattie of Ch 9 on Twitter

Reply #466974 | Report this post

el presidente  
Years ago

What we need is a picture of Ennis holding his trophy and a copy of today's newspaper.

Reply #466975 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

No one here has heard the urban legend of Muhammed Ali doing the same? Seriously?

Reply #466978 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Geez, Issac, you thought people were gullible when hoops147 posted some nonsense. No prizes for guessing who invented the rest of the story.

Reply #466979 | Report this post

cats 4 life  
Years ago

You would have thought Ennis, just for the excitement he bought to the league this year. Clarke had great season no question but you would not see that in the NBA. Is King James the most valuable player in the NBA? Or the most valuable player for the NBA? Understand, I am not comparing Ennis to James!!!!! Not even in the same sentence, just the MVP is for the league, that's why they have club mvps.

Reply #466980 | Report this post

BallSoHard  
Years ago

Imagine what he'll do when the Sixers take down the Wildcats next week!

Reply #466982 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

PERTH's NBA-bound superstar James Ennis last night allegedly threw his NBL All Star Five trophy off the pier at Melbourne’s Docklands in a fit of pique when Rotnei Clarke was named MVP.

One NBL club chairman and another guest of the league at the awards presentation dinner witnessed the incident which quickly became the talk of the function room.

Wildcats chief executive officer Nick Marvin said he could not address the allegations because he had not yet had the chance to speak with Ennis.
James Ennis allegedly threw his NBL All Star Five trophy in ocean after fit

Wortho:
Tigers dual-Olympian Mark Worthington said Ennis’ actions showed disrespect for the NBL, Clarke and Goulding.

"I only heard about it at the dinner and it’s extremely disrespectful," Worthington said.

“It probably shows he doesn’t respect the league, Rotnei Clarke or Chris Goulding and gives an insight into the guy.”
Dean Parker:
“Individual awards are great but this is a team game,” 36ers general manager Dean Parker said.

“His actions seem to show where his priorities are.”

Reply #466984 | Report this post

el presidente  
Years ago

Wow, Isaac. Conveniently cut out Bradtke's comments that cuts Ennis some slack on this allegation. Why? Doesn’t it suit your agenda?

Reply #466994 | Report this post

ShaneD  
Years ago

Wow, sounds like there is some truth somewhere behind this (unnless someone had a few too many suds and made the whole thing up for a laugh)?!

Chinese Whispers or Complete Truth?! one wonders!

Reply #466995 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Picked out a couple of bits I found interesting rather than pasting the article in full. You're welcome to paste in Bradtke's comments if you want, otherwise obviously most people will just read the article to see the full piece.

My secret agenda: I don't really like me-me-me players very much. Also, I follow the team who are playing Perth soon.

Reply #466998 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would the not turn you against Perth, and cheers for the 6ers??
It makes kneeing someone in the nuts trivial!!

Reply #466999 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

So the entire article starts with "allegedly" but then selects quotes from people who reacted after only hearing about it? Pathetic "journalism" from Boti.

Reply #467000 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

"Also, I follow the team who are playing Perth soon"

So does Boti, which is the reason he has written some absolute crap this season.

Reply #467002 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Boti:

James Ennis has landed in Perth claiming it was a water bottle he threw, not his award. Says it is in his luggage. Pic with it wd kill story

Reply #467003 | Report this post

Silencer83  
Years ago

Really simple way to prove it is wrong. Post a picture on his twitter with the trophy this morning.

Reply #467005 | Report this post

King Podge  
Years ago

Maybe it was a protest against the materialism of society, he see's individual awards as trivial and it's truly only the team that counts.

THe throwing of the trophy was a piece of performance art aimed at highlighting the inequities of society and the unfair weight we give to personal accomplishments ahead of a teams achievement.

Bravo James, bravo.

Reply #467006 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

He is pretty deluded if he thought he was head and shoulders above the league. He's an outstanding finisher who's own shotmaking skills are still raw and who has regular lapses at the defensive end.

Reply #467008 | Report this post

Woody Venkat  
Years ago

Can you Blame him the Best Player on the Best Team in the League impacting the game from so many different facets. I guarantee you if James Ennis was White he would have won MVP.

Reply #467012 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They should get some forensic scientists and deep river divers down to the harbour ASAP!! If a knee to the balls of Goulding is worth a 1 game suspension a knee to the entire NBL's collective balls must be worth at least 2-3 games!

Reply #467013 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Word on the street is there were some CCTV cameras located directly where he threw the award, however further analysis revealed the footage was inconclusive.

Reply #467014 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

I'm coloured blind so Ennis isn't white?
Thought he was too good for a white guy!!

Reply #467016 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Man, you clash with Boti just a couple times during the year and suddenly he thinks the whole Perth fan-base is out to get him and starts writing hatchet pieces!

Reply #467017 | Report this post

He's just mad , he will get over it and hopefully win finals MVP

Reply #467021 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ennis just comes across as quite young and immature, not an out and out bad guy.

Would hate to see how bad the hoops forum would blow up if someone did something along the lines of what Ivan Johnson did in China.

From - http://grantland.com/features/matt-beyer-chinese-basketball-association-agent-jonathan-gibson-stephon-marbury/

And Ivan Johnson — who allegedly placed his coach's hand on his genitals and then told him, "You can suck my c**k, motherf**ker" during a game — as examples of teams not being careful enough about chemistry.

Although it would have been better if Ennis just owned up and admitted he made a mistake and lost his mind for a second instead of trying to cover it up....

Reply #467022 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Someone wake me up when there's proof of him throwing away award

Reply #467023 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey Woody Venkat.

If James Ennis was Kevin White he would not have won the mvp.

Reply #467024 | Report this post

King Podge  
Years ago

HOLY CRAP!!

DID SOMEONE JUST PLAY THE RACE CARD!!!

Cancel my afternoon appointments..... i need a nap...

Reply #467027 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

I'm happy to dive for it but the vis in the Yarra is crap apart from the odd floating animal. I think i'll stick to photographing marine life.

They did ask him to produce the trophy and he couldn't.

Reply #467028 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Can't wait for Boti's next rant about how Perth people don't respect the Melbourne waterways and Ennis should be charged with littering.

Reply #467029 | Report this post

King Podge  
Years ago

If that trophy get's stuck in a whales blowhole it could hurt an innocent Japanese whaler..... shame Ennis shame.... that whaler has a family...

Reply #467030 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Whoops, how silly of me. That rant wasn't to come from Boti, but the other meathead former GM.

Reply #467031 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#ennisthemenace

Reply #467032 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Exclusivity on trolling, eh Situation?

Reply #467033 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

I don't make stuff up as repeat it as fact, Isaac.

Reply #467034 | Report this post

Jez  
Years ago

"THe throwing of the trophy was a piece of performance art aimed at highlighting the inequities of society and the unfair weight we give to personal accomplishments ahead of a teams achievement. "

Great point King Podge. Ennis really deserves some sort of trophy for this noble stance.

Reply #467035 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's got you there Isaac, he just makes stuff up

Reply #467036 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

"My trophy's in my bag. I threw a water bottle into the water," he said.

“I have the trophy in my bag and I’m going to give it to my mum when I get home.”

However, when asked to produce the trophy Ennis declined.
“Clarke deserved it,” he said.

“I’m a little disappointed, but it’s all good. I’m here to win a championship.

“I think (Grand Final) MVP is more important than MVP of the regular season, and I’m just thankful I get to play in a Grand Final.”

Reply #467037 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

If James Ennis was white, he could definitely dunk on Cecil Exum

Reply #467038 | Report this post

?  
Years ago

A littering charge should be laid. Not a good example to set young conservationists! ; )

Reply #467039 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surely Today Tonight in Adelaide can pay some divers in Melbourne a few bucks to retrieve the trophy?

What an exclusive!

Reply #467042 | Report this post

Woody Venkat  
Years ago

Look we do live in a hugely Racist Country am I wrong?
Who will get the votes the Little Church Boy with a lot of heart or the egotistical African American Showman?
It an absoloute joke. Ennis Daylight and the next best player this season.

Reply #467043 | Report this post

King Podge  
Years ago

Woody just jumped the shark......................

Reply #467044 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

"Most valuable" does not mean "best".

Ennis was never going to win given the way the award is voted.

Reply #467045 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

If it was his water bottle he threw in it may be worth diving in for gage 10c deposit! May be worth more than his trophy"

Reply #467046 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With all honesty.

What is worse throwing in the ocean?

A trophy that will sink to the bottom and sit there?

Or a plastic bottle that could be eaten by marine life?

Either way, James Ennis has shown his true colours and every #redarmy supporter who is backing him. Just proves to every other supporter of every other team in this league why the Perth Wildcats fans are delusional and more one-eyed than everyone else.

I hope the Adelaide crowd BOO Ennis on every posession come game 2. Even better, I hope Adelaide win game 1 and wipe them out game 2.

I'm not even a 36ers fan, but I'd want that more than anything else.

Reply #467048 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can we please have some foam trophies distributed to the crowd to throw on the court next Friday night when he's introduced.

Reply #467049 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whether it was a trophy or a water bottle, he still acted like an immature child. No class.

Reply #467051 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boti Propaganda!!!

Reply #467052 | Report this post

Woody Venkat  
Years ago

Ennis will dominate he will be Finals MVP and Perth will win in 2. James Ennis is being vilified much like Corey Homicide Williams was when he was in this league.

Reply #467053 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The egotistical African American Showman?

Please nbl, take back the mvp awards given to Corey Williams and Gary Ervin......

Also please calm down Woody Venkat....

Also, if you look at the situations of Corey and Gary they were similar to Rot. Great seasons, with few players to take votes off them each game....

Unlike the Perth team.

Reply #467054 | Report this post

Rasheed30  
Years ago

Gee they've been really racist in the past, especially in '87!!!

1979 Ken Richardson (West Adelaide Bearcats)
1980 Rocky Smith (St. Kilda Saints)
1981 Mike Jones (Illawarra Hawks)
1982 Al Green (West Adelaide Bearcats)
1983 Owen Wells (Sydney Supersonics)
1984 Leroy Loggins (Brisbane Bullets)
1985 Ray Borner (Coburg Giants)
1986 Leroy Loggins (Brisbane Bullets)
1987 Mark Davis (Adelaide 36ers) & Leroy Loggins (Brisbane Bullets)
1988 Joe Hurst (Hobart Tassie Devils)
1989 Scott Fisher (North Melbourne Giants)
1990 Derek Rucker (Brisbane Bullets)
1991 Andrew Gaze (Melbourne Tigers)
1992 Scott Fisher (North Melbourne Giants) & Andrew Gaze (Melbourne Tigers)
1993 Robert Rose (South East Melbourne Magic)
1994 Andrew Gaze (Melbourne Tigers)
1995 Andrew Gaze (Melbourne Tigers)
1996 Andrew Gaze (Melbourne Tigers)
1997 Andrew Gaze (Melbourne Tigers)
1998 Andrew Gaze (Melbourne Tigers)
1999 Steve Woodberry (Brisbane Bullets)
2000 Paul Rogers (Perth Wildcats)
2001 Robert Rose (Townsville Crocodiles)
2002 Mark Bradtke (Melbourne Tigers)
2003 Chris Williams (Sydney Kings)
2004 Matthew Nielsen (Sydney Kings)
2005 Brian Wethers (Hunter Pirates)
2006 Chris Anstey (Melbourne Tigers)
2007 Sam Mackinnon (Brisbane Bullets)
2008 Chris Anstey (Melbourne Tigers)
2009 Kirk Penney (New Zealand Breakers)
2010 Corey Williams (Townsville Crocodiles)
2011 Gary Ervin (Wollongong Hawks)
2012 Kevin Lisch (Perth Wildcats)
2013 Cedric Jackson (New Zealand Breakers)
2014 Rotnei Clarke (Wollongong Hawks)

Don't ever pull the race card again

Reply #467055 | Report this post

King Podge  
Years ago

the only thing worst than a racist hegemony is a lazy racist hegemony!
They couldn't even be bothered being racist most of the the time!

Outrageous!!!! I feel like throwing a trophy i'm that angry....

Reply #467057 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woody whilst your stupidity is self-evident, I feel compelled to respond anyway. Australia certainly has race issues, but this isn't really the forum to discuss them.

Funny that in your attempt to suggest Ennis didn't win the MVP because he's black you mention Corey Williams, WHO WON THE MVP. Your assertions would also be news to former league MVPs Cedric Jackson, Gary Ervin and Brian Wethers among others.

Reply #467058 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

And Rotnei sounds like a black guys name anyway so thats halfway there.

Reply #467059 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wait a second, Brian Wethers is black????

That is a white guy name.....

I never saw him play and just assumed he was a big white guy from Montana or Oklahoma.

Reply #467060 | Report this post

Woody Venkat  
Years ago

Fair enough maybe I am just getting carried away because I feel that a grave injustice has been done with regards to James Ennis. Sorry if I offended anybody.

Reply #467062 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

With luck, Ennis responds to all this like Adelaide responded to Ervin getting suspended for kneeing someone in the crotch. Series sweep, coming up!

Reply #467063 | Report this post

King Podge  
Years ago

only reason and logic, but they accept your apology.

Back to what we should be discussing, James Ennis.

If throwing a chair get's you nothing, but hitting a man gets you 1 game and a $7500 fine - what does throwing a statue of man get you? Should the NBL take action? or should we all thank Mr Ennis for adding some more spice to the spicy NBL Finals meatballs?

Reply #467064 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

I'm excited !!

Reply #467065 | Report this post

Woody Venkat  
Years ago

I mean once the trophy os awarded to you, it is your property. So what James does with it is his business.
He is going to have some extra fire in his Belly and that does not bode well for Adelaide at all does it?
Incidentally I though having Frye on your roster to guard him would not have been the worst.

Reply #467068 | Report this post

Dr6  
Years ago

Its an NBL conspiracy to gift the championship to Perth - I would have preferred not to have Ennis pissed off on the eve of a game against us.

Reply #467070 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

What Perth should do, and what I think they will do, is just decline to comment on trophy questions from here to deprive the issue of oxygen. I wouldn't be expecting to see even a quickly-shipped replica of the trophy.

What Adelaide fans should do is risk making a lot of noise for Ennis to see if it works, Goulding-style.

Reply #467071 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Players go one way or another when they get angry and fired up. Either they lose focus and try too hard, or they step up and dominate.

I'd say the pressure is well and truly on Ennis now, be interesting to see how he reacts!

On another note, this makes it tough as far as taunting goes for GF Game 2. Usually I'd target Redhage for the inevitable dirty screen or flop, but now I might have to hedge my bets. Wonder if the Adelaide crowd has got a taste for blood now and will and try to target someone next game? The tinder is now in place...

Reply #467072 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

All Adelaide supporters should bring a dummy and that should stir him up.

Reply #467074 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Will be interesting if there is a big arc up by Adelaide supporters in Gm2 how the Gm3 atmosphere goes.

Let's start a riot, woo!

Reply #467077 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

What I don't get about this is...if you're going to go with a volume scoring guard who does little else to help his team...why not go with the best volume scoring guard in the league whose team finished above the Hawks on the ladder?

Love it how the MVP is on the ALL NBL second team too.

This league is great off the court, isn't it? Really tidy housekeeping.

Reply #467078 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Gee I wonder who Adelaide fans will target in game 2. Exciting stuff.

Reply #467079 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Jesus I want Adelaide to win this series, Perth from top to bottom are just painful. Ennis with his muscle flex every single play is dull and once his initial injection into the league died off with all the hype, hes simply just another import...

Reply #467081 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The all nbl 1st team Mick;

https://twitter.com/NBL/status/451319049910116353/photo/1

Rot is the little guy at the bottom of the photo.

Reply #467082 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

if you're going to go with a volume scoring guard
You make it sound like they just choose this at the end of the season. That's clearly not how the voting works.

You either argue against how the award should be decided, or you argue for a winner given the system employed. It's easy to argue against Ennis or Goulding on the latter.

Reply #467084 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Sounds like Ennis has the emotional maturity of a baby.

Reply #467086 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

@Isaac,

Well, if we knew the actual votes attached to games, I suppose we could argue the votes as well ;)

Reply #467088 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"What I don't get about this is...if you're going to go with a volume scoring guard who does little else to help his team...why not go with the best volume scoring guard in the league whose team finished above the Hawks on the ladder?

Love it how the MVP is on the ALL NBL second team too."

I think the only thing correct in this post is that Melbourne finished above Wollongong on the ladder.

Reply #467089 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd love to read the comments about Andrew Gaze on forums if he was playing now.

Very easy to call someone a volume scoring guard these days and make is sound like you know something about basketball. It becomes pretty clear quite quickly that you don't.

Kevin Durant is just a volume scoring forward..... He should pass to Nick Collison more.... Please...

Reply #467093 | Report this post

Silencer83  
Years ago

Do we know what the final tallies in the votes were?

Reply #467094 | Report this post

Apparently the Melbourne players tried to throw their trophies in the ocean as well but they missed

Reply #467095 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Yeah I understand it's the system...it's as broken as the Brownlow.

Misread Rotnei's inclusion in the first team haha.

He is obviously in the top 3 or so, but Goulding and Ennis were a step above. Their raw numbers and team records back that up.

Reply #467100 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

And please don't compare Rotnei Clarke to Kevin Durant ever again anon...

Reply #467101 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

Is it true that DJ will hand his all star five trophy over to Ennis's mother ( flown over for the occasion) at half time in Perth ?

Reply #467103 | Report this post

Clive  
Years ago

Boti Nagy is a WANKER

Reply #467104 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

What a disrespectful thing to do, obviously thinks he is way to good for the league can't wait till he gets a chance in the NBA and gets put back in his place. I for one hate people with large ego's but this is just down right ridiculous. At least it gives Adelaide fans something to taunt him with in the crowd... Go 6ers!

Reply #467106 | Report this post

Silencer83  
Years ago

@Very Old

Doubtful as Ennis said earlier in the season that his parents are afraid of flying.

Reply #467108 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

And this is the very reason why the WNBL didn't have an awards evening!

Reply #467110 | Report this post

#redarmy4eva  
Years ago

WOW golf clap to boti for writing a crap story he must have been board.

Great way to try and get in to the head of a player before a GF I'll give him that

This story is as funny as watching goulding flopping in game 3 holding his nuts and that we can all agree was FUNNY !!!!

I think there was a lot of drinking was being done and the old Chinese whispers came out

***did you hear Goulding lost a nut because of Ervin **** LOL

Reply #467112 | Report this post

RazzieMagoo  
Years ago

My MVP (Most Valuable Poster) goes to... King Podge

For this comment.

"Hawks fans are now claiming that Clarke could have thrown it further..."

Reply #467115 | Report this post

Em  
Years ago

What if Perth wins the championship but Ennis does not get final MVP? Will there be a NBL championship ring found floating in a river somewhere ?

Reply #467116 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Im posting as anonymous so perhaps whats im saying wont be taken on board. But im not going to put my sources in the firing line so deal with it. But from my sources, not Boti, this 100% what happened and was witnessed and he was 100% upset on the phone telling his agent to get him out of this country. Music to a 36er fans ears... insert cats for life rebutle below!

Reply #467117 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Was going to put money on Perth but at only $1.30 for game one why bother.

Reply #467118 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

How does your source know it was his agent? Did he follow him to the point where he began the phone call and listened in?

"Hello My Agent, this is James Ennis here."

Reply #467119 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

This thread is absolute GOLD!

I know he would be disappointed at missing out MVP (bronzed off for coming third), but life is tough, so suck it in and get on with the game. If, and I repeat if, because there is no definitive proof either way at the moment, but if he still has the All Star medal, post a photo and put the allegation to bed.

On the other hand, if the medal has actually been thrown into the Yarra, then I think that shows the MVP went to the right man.

Reply #467120 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thats actually a good point 'situation', perhaps it was his mum, asking about the trophy he was meant to give her. Tough fact to prove. Especially considering he was happy to tell everyone he had a trophy in his bag which simply was in the river haha Either way, guy has shown his true colours and its a tad bit tacky and very selfish. Goulding would be happy though, takes the focus of his poor form. But the words 'Get me out of this country' were definitely muttered, Perth fans which have adored will love that line id say.

Reply #467121 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

#467117 you are F.O.S.

Reply #467122 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jack, its in the Yarra mate, bet my life on it from who I got my info from!

Reply #467123 | Report this post

Gordon Liddy  
Years ago

This is outrageous. Oh, the anger that coursing through my body. You could bottle it.

Reply #467125 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Yep, if it's in the Yarra then it's in the Yarra. Usually you're innocent until proven guilty, but in the court of public opinion, sometimes innocence has to be proven. Until a photo is posted, I think you'll find the jury of public perception has already erected the stand with hangman Boti placing the noose. It's up to Ennis to remove the noose, or pull the level

If the Adelaide Crowd can burst bubbles, imagine the crowd in game 2 ..........

Reply #467126 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Adelaide fans are all "hey we invented booing"

This Anon above is full of crap.

Reply #467127 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nick marvin will have scooba divers all over it hahahaha

Reply #467128 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

You lack credibility anon firstly for posting as anonymous and secondly for not being able to reveal your source.

Reply #467130 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Also for making stuff up.

Reply #467131 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Regardless, the ball is in Ennis' court. He either produces the medal to quench this kitchen fire, or lets it develop into a full blown bushfire.

Reply #467132 | Report this post

Triton  
Years ago

The Situation, you seriously need to get a hobby champ. Spending your whole life being so negative on Hoops can't be good for you.

Reply #467133 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Actually, by not responding at all, this will die a quiet death and that instruction would have come from the top.

Reply #467134 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Why do I need a hobby? I'm at work!

Reply #467136 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Silencer, the breakdown is here, at least to the extent that it's been published by the NBL.

Reply #467138 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It would die a quicker death had he opened the suitcase, of course. He has however likely received instruction to deprive the fire of fuel because they know he didn't have it there.

Reply #467139 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

No it won't. If it is lingering on by Friday the 11th, there will be Sixers fans holding up cardboard All Star medals winding him up and offering them to him as replacements - we are a kind crowd like that, we hate to see people upset at losing stuff. I might even make a few myself and pass them out to kids.

I reckon I could even pass the hat around and book some advertising space on the rolling screens court side for the GF. Reckon a diving company could need some exposure. Still trying to work out the message: "Best at finding lost treasure ... Call Pirate Pete's.......Arrrrrr!"

I wonder if I could pay to get a gold star on the floor mops?

Reply #467140 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Jack, there is a game in Perth first. You don't think we won't be giving it to your boys?

Reply #467141 | Report this post

#redarmy4eva  
Years ago

I have bets on that on Monday night before the game the 3 of them being Martin Jervis and Ennis will have there awards to show off to the fans to get the fans pumped up before the game

Reply #467143 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You must be a barrel of laughs to work with, The Situation.

Reply #467144 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

"Jack, there is a game in Perth first. You don't think we won't be giving it to your boys?"

No doubt, if you're worth anything as fans I would expect it. I also expect the dancers to do their dance around the bench too.

Reply #467145 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Situation, you need a hug first of all, you should be aware how bitter and negative you always come across. Its just really sad, but anyways thats more so your problem.

I made it fully aware I lack credibility due to my anon post and that I wont give up any sources, so its up to you to decide, but I for one know he pissed on the league and threw it in the Yarra. And I would hope and expect nothing less than the Perth faithful to give it to the 6ers in game 1, theyd be as sad as your self if they didnt.

Reply #467146 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

'atta boy, Jack, tell those dancers to dance around that bench till their sequins fall off!

No disrespect to visiting teams as we do our level best to pummel you on the scoreboard intended.

Reply #467147 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Hahaha I love it. I get called bitter and negative....but here's a few cheap shots thrown in as another anonymous poster ducks out the side door.

Reply #467150 | Report this post

shayno  
Years ago

The funny thing is that if he threw it into the Yarra it would actually improve the water quality

Reply #467152 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If it was impossible for Ennis to win the MVP due to the way the voting works, how did Lisch end up winning it in 2012? The Wildcats had plenty of talent that year that would have stolen votes away from Lisch. And how did Cedric Jackson win it last year? The Breakers weren't exactly short of talent either.

Reply #467154 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2 years ago Lisch beat out Jamar Wilson who was good although had some bad games where he wouldn't have polled votes. Ced Jackson came 3rd that year who was in a similar situation as Lisch.

Cedric Jackson last year had a historic season that we may not see again for a while. There was no was he could have lost.

The voting system will throw up different situations each year.

I would like to see a game by game break down of votes as I assume for example - Gordie could give Ennis zero votes late in the season if he knew it was a close race or the other way around.

Reply #467157 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

I'd like to see the game by game votes too.

Clarke scored 23 of the maximum 30 in the three games in round 18&19. Very impressive and it rocketed him to the front.

Reply #467160 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dude you go by the name 'the situation', either your parents had a sense of humour or your hiding behind a anonymous style name too. Anyways haters be haters, every sporting code has their glass hald empty supporters.

Reply #467161 | Report this post

The Truth  
Years ago

Paul Pierce here, I always find it funny how posters take pot shots at anon's when others people's names are random handles that generally have no attachment to who they really are. If you're going to complain about anons, put up your real identity or quit your b*tching

Reply #467162 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Actually someone revealed my real name a couple of weeks ago and I admitted it was me. Isaac knows who I am too. Do you want to know my name? I have nothing to hide.

Reply #467164 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I speak on behalf of every NBL fan not in WA, F*ck I hate Perth fans. Keyboard Warriors.

I hope one day, your team has a losing season. I really do. I will relish the opportunity to sit back and watch everything implode in front of my own eyes.

Perth will see the dark side of tribalism and it will come down hard on either certain individuals or the brand.

Reply #467165 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Why have a go at 'the situation' when you're dumb enough to call yourself Paul Pierce. I saw his real name too but it doesn't mean much to me. He was attacking the anon for talking crap more than anything

Reply #467166 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

That's a good little rant anon hope you feel better now :)

Reply #467167 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Ennis will crumble in the GF........he has mentally left.

36ers to wrap it up in 2 at home with Ervin to dominate Game 1.

Reply #467168 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Jake pls

Reply #467170 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Just like he crumbled at the awards ceremony last night and lost the plot!

He is a broken man

Reply #467171 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

He has a point. If this story is true, it sounds like he has allowed himself to be beaten mentally. A bad attitude in one player can spread around a team like a fart in an elevator. Before you know it all the team doubt themselves and it's a spiral of doom.

The game is won and lost in the mind.

Reply #467172 | Report this post

Yo yo  
Years ago

New twitter handle is

James Da Truth except when I can't tell you what's in my luggage because it's in the Yara Ennis

Reply #467173 | Report this post

Perth fan  
Years ago

And the usual Shite continues on these boards.
What Ennis did or didn't do with his trophy - I really don't care. At the end of the day it's was his trophy to keep or discard. If it's in the Yarra, then he has a case for polluting the river (water bottle or trophy).
We often rib players for not enough passion. He hasn't physically hurt anyone- yes he has an ego problem, similar to lots of others over the years at various teams. Does he need to be persecuted for it? If he had done the deed, then yes he has done wrong, but the likes of Boti who is meant to be a respected journalist shouldn't also be sprouting off like he does on his blog and twitter. Talk about one-eyed!

I think just let the boys on both teams just get on with their preparations for the grand final so it's an awesome series.

As for those who keep categorising Perth fans as one-eyed, needing reality checks etc... Maybe it's time you look in a mirror. I know I can do that knowing I support my team passionately without all the other bullshit of having a go at other teams fans or players. Maybe it's about time some people who post on these boards grew up!

Reply #467176 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Ennis and the Cats No 1 fan @thesituation are rattled.

How will his team mates view disrespecting the club and league - could fracture team chemistry and disrupt their preparation as that is all everyone will be talking about in the lead up.

Reply #467178 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Clarke scored 23 of the maximum 30 in the three games in round 18&19. Very impressive and it rocketed him to the front.
26 points in a comfortable home win over the Crocs. 39 points in a road belting of the Kings. 28 points in a big home win of the Breakers.

Ennis started well and is very noticeable for big plays, but there were a number of games where he'd be in the 12-15 point range until gimmes at the end. Often felt to me like Beal had those crushing runs of threes that set up a win - probably enough times to be noticed, poll well as a second option and spoil the party.

Reply #467179 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Jake pls

Reply #467180 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Beal is the REAL danger man in the Wildcats team.

Reply #467183 | Report this post

Rasheed30  
Years ago

I can only imagine the howls there would be if Ervin allegedly had done something like this.

In regards to the MVP voting to put in perspective does Gary Ablett deserve a Brownlow any less because GC wasn't playing in the Grand Final?

Maybe they should have NBL players association MVP, it means more coming from your peers I say.

Reply #467184 | Report this post

Perth fan  
Years ago

Jack Toft- agree about Beal!

Reply #467185 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

@Rasheed30 if the MVP was voted by the players Clarke or Goulding would have won as no one respects Ennis with his bad attitude.

When Ervin wins the Finals MVP you will see first hand that the guy is a class act.

Reply #467186 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Jake, we all saw what a "class act" he was last week.

Reply #467187 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Perth fan, glad you agree. While Ennis is the distraction and Redhage plays the bad guy, Beal just gets the job done. If there is one guy on the Perth team who stands taller than normal in the GF series, that man will be Beal.

Reply #467188 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

If you call kneeing someone in the groin classy than Gary Ervin is full of class.

Reply #467189 | Report this post

arthur deigh  
Years ago

"A bad attitude in one player can spread around a team like a fart in an elevator. Before you know it all the team doubt themselves and it's a spiral of doom."

Or, if you're like a group of adolescent males, you all join in, letting rip with your best shot and seeing who can stay in the lift the longest ...

Reply #467190 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

... pull my finger .....

Reply #467193 | Report this post

Observer  
Years ago

Ennis should show his trophy before grand final to prove he has still got it !!!!

Reply #467194 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Doesn't surprise me at all. He seems like an adolescent kid. Clearly has amazing athletic ability, but little or no work ethic and a sense of entitlement. And that was the impression I had before this latest event.

It starts with not being able to shake the hand of your opponent after a game. Prima donna.

Reply #467202 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

He's just carrying on an American sporting tradition of throwing something into the water in Melbourne after winning something. IIRC Jim Courier twice threw himself into the Yarra after consecutive Australian Open tennis wins in the 1990's.

Seriously though, if he did throw his All First team trophy in the drink because he didn't win the MVP then shame on him. If he didn't (and I'd like to see proof either way before casting judgement), then its a beat-up about nothing.

Reply #467210 | Report this post

Dale  
Years ago

Update: Searchers looking for flight MH370 have just come across the trophy in the Indian Ocean. Also found some sour grapes floating nearby.............okay, too soon.

Reply #467252 | Report this post

King Podge  
Years ago

Too soon Dale..... people are still really upset that the trophy got thrown....

Reply #467254 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Spot on Isaac, Clarke and Goulding were the focal point of the offence, the opposition focused their defence on stopping them but most times they still had to score big for their team to win.

Ennis was able to pick his spots, finish off the excellent work of his teammates and have plenty of game where he wasn't a big factor in the result. He was still very good, but not better than Goulding and Clarke.

Reply #467259 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Ennis should show his trophy before grand final to prove he has still got it !!!!
Too easy to get another sent over. Had his chance at the airport and declined - I'd say Perth know very well why he wasn't able to produce it.

Reply #467260 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

This thread is funny, sad, frustrating and typical, but what it has done to create some enthusiasm and the potential for a spiteful rivalry between Perth and Adelaide should not be underestimated.

Although I can't get to any games, I am very keen to watch and see how this finals series pans out.

Above all else, the American imports, by and large, have been showmen, talented ballers who have got us off our seats on many occasions.

Let's not forget why these guys are here, for our enjoyment! Yes, they are intense individuals with an ego we don't often see in our home grown, but that's why we love to have them play here...

Reply #467280 | Report this post

bowtie  
Years ago

Pretty sure it would be tricky to get another.
The whole basketball world would soon discover it was being done. An engraved memento, probably no spares around.
Huge task.

Reply #467284 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

@Jake,

Ervin, class act, ahahahhaha, what, is he going to knee the presenter in the groin as well? Only way he's going to get the award off of Damo!

Reply #467296 | Report this post

Jez  
Years ago

I remember seeing some of the grovelling interviews of Ennis by guys like Lachy Reid, repeatedly telling him he's a superstar who's saving the league and acting as though no-one had ever dunked in the NBL before he came along, and thinking ... gee I hope he has his head screwed on.

As good as he has been, some of the hype surrounding him has been borderline hysterical, perhaps driven by the impulse to create a narrative of a 'resurgent' NBL, with Ennis as the flag bearer.

Reply #467369 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

100% agree Jez!

Reply #467440 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Spot on Jez.

Reply #467443 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The TRUTH always surfaces. To all those who challenged those who have questioned issues surrounding his game and instigation in events, now you know...…….

Reply #467467 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

That makes.....no sense.

Reply #467475 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Probably makes sense to anon

Reply #467478 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

And Camel31

Reply #467479 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Somebody at the Cats tell Ennis there is a Grand Final MVP award. At least he can win that.

Reply #467553 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

I noticed ,at the ceremony, that he left his bag behind.
The driver came in after he left, he gave it to Gleeson, and then he resigned.

Reply #467789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wtf.. you make no sense at all Camel.

Reply #467797 | Report this post

Dale  
Years ago

Camel - I'll have what you're having. Weird??

Reply #467930 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:07 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754