Moneyballer
Years ago

DJ is off to Europe

He announced it to 7 News and said he want to go out with a championship. That's really sad to see a young star like him leave the NBL. I always thought he was a good player even though his D was a little subpar.

Topic #34139 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great news for him, sure Marty and Radford will like to take all the credit haha but seriously, some guys get batter and better, and for all the frustration surrounding his play for the previous few years, he has CRUSHED it this season. Credit where its due. Where in Europe I wonder??

Reply #467148 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Link ?

Reply #467149 | Report this post

Dazzman  
Years ago

This has been on the cards for sometime. Congratulations to DJ. So who's the likely replacement? I prefer Schenscher off the bench at this point in his career. I could handle Tommy Jervis.

Reply #467151 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does he have a euro passport?

Reply #467153 | Report this post

skull  
Years ago

you would hope he has a euro passport, or it could be a brief visit.

Reply #467159 | Report this post

BMF  
Years ago

I thought he was a skippy!

Reply #467169 | Report this post

Mantis  
Years ago

He only needs one parent or grandparent to be European to get a Euro passport.

Reply #467195 | Report this post

Big Ads  
Years ago

I hope his flight doesn't go via Auckland.

Reply #467205 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Good luck to him if he is off to Europe.

I know DJ's D isn't what it could be, but he is the best offensive big currently in the NBL. I think over in Europe he will play more at PF than he will at centre, but with his height, mobility and shooting range that shouldn't be too difficult to do.

If he does go we're definitely going to miss him.

Reply #467206 | Report this post

goodluck to him , this season he grew as a player and finally saw something of what he could be

Reply #467220 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Well done and good luck but please don't burn us next week like normal.

He deserves the success he has had.

With the salary cap freed up a lot will they go for a centre like Khazzouh or a small forward like Anatoly Bose or just a second shit hot import?

Joeys team will be tough next year even without their most consistent player

Reply #467226 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He will be Good at Euro style Basketball.
The biggest change is he has learnt how to work hard over the last few years i think.

Reply #467245 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

did he say it was the whole year or just off season?

Reply #467246 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Gary Wilkinson - similar player to DJ? Apparently he isnt being picked up by the Breakers for next season?

Reply #467248 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jayson Wells ;-)

Reply #467264 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey back in the day Wells was a quality import option, which is why all 36ers fans me included always mentioned him, and now get dissed for it,

But hey i would love if we could get a young version of Wells, guys who are athletic, versatile and can average 20pts, 10 rbds dont grow on trees.

Reply #467273 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey actual a pro wells guy. Just thought i would get in with the annual joke.

Reply #467285 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hoping for his return next season..... G

Reply #467286 | Report this post

bowtie  
Years ago

Not sure what comps he could play in Europe in the off season. Not any on?
Lots of Aussies have been able to finish off the Euro season and even qualify for their finals immediately after our comp.
Maybe he means that but I think you've lost him for all of next NBL season.

Reply #467287 | Report this post

Good luck to play in Europe in the off season.

Reply #467400 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

"Europe" is heaps vague. Makes me think maybe its not so set in stone.. Hey I am going to play basketball in "team"

Reply #467402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So what we are saying is we like DJ now? I'm confused !!

Reply #467414 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

maybe it was more of a, this is my last game as a 36er, and I hope to get a gig in Europe, announcement?

Reply #467422 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Thought someone mentioned South America a little whole ago and some of the other players having short stints there.

Reply #467436 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DJ is still contracted to the 36ers next season but obviously has an NBA/Euro out clause.

Reply #467455 | Report this post

Hawkeye  
Years ago

a soft 7 footer who hates playing in the post and defence is the perfect fit for one of the leagues in Europe.

Reply #467460 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Time to stop with the DJ defence negative comments. He's turned a corner and now working it both ends. Good Job Joey.... Knew he had it in him..

Reply #467463 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

I think DJ has proved something this year and well done to him. Ok he's not the best defensive big in the NBL, but his D has improved a lot under Joey Wright. And we all know he's the best offensive big in the league.

Time will obviously tell how he goes in Europe, but I hope he does well. Well enough to earn a Boomers spot one day.

Reply #467967 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:12 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754