Happy Days
Years ago

DJ, Ennis and Deleon off to Puerto Rico

Piratas de Quebradillas announced the signing of Australian center Daniel Johnson (212-C/F-88, college: Pepperdine). He is expected to join the team after he finishes the NBL Finals.
Johnson is active with the 36ers and his averages are of 19.6 points and 6.9 rebounds in 31 games. He played college at Pepperdine and has stayed in Australia his whole professional career.
Another player signed by Quebradillas that is active in the NBL finals is James Ennis who plays for Perth. Ennis averages 21.5 points in 30 games and is expected to be in Puerto Rico later in the month.
Quebradillas also announced that guard Adris DeLeon arrived and his debut is tonight against Guayama. DeLeon replaces Juan Coronado who has an ankle injury.

Topic #34171 | Report this topic

Luke  
Years ago

Dosen't ennis have to go back to the NBA?

Reply #468006 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think it will be a few years if ever before Ennis makes an NBA team.

Reply #468021 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not a knock on him, but i dont see Ennis on a NBA roster anytime soon, remember Brad Newley was drafted around the same spot as Ennis and has never played a NBA.

Reply #468104 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am not interested in Ennis at all or Goulding There is a very good reason why Rotnei won the MVP and it is all about attitude and TEAM. 2 things the above lack,,,,, Hope top bnever see Ennis again after this series and would't even want him on my team, would rather lose. ARROGANT AND FIGJAM>>>>

Reply #468108 | Report this post

nailna3  
Years ago

Ennis is too selfish for a gig in the NBA, plus no one likes a dummy spitter. Ask his mate Julius or Kirk Baker

Reply #468117 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ennis is already a better player than Newley ever was. He has youth on his side. Not sure if he will make it but I think someone will take a chance on him.

Reply #468149 | Report this post

Max Power  
Years ago

Ennis is just another scorer trying to get into a league full of guys who can score. Ennis needs to add other things to his game if he hopes to make the NBA. Good luck to him, do not dislike the guy just think he is one dimensional.

Reply #468151 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Redhage and Lisch played for them last year. Is the NBL really a Puerto Rican feeder league?

Reply #468152 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fair call. He is by no means a complete player.
Has some nice tools to work with though.

No I am not referring to Redhage Hire Wagstaff and Knight

Reply #468154 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

1-0

or as FYI would refer to it, "Adelaide is owning this H2H series"

Reply #468157 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Redhage and Lisch played for them last year. Is the NBL really a Puerto Rican feeder league?
I think it's more about the timing of the seasons.

Reply #468209 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

^ I know, was being facetious, Isaac ;)

Reply #468230 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Max Power - Ennis is just another scorer....

He is a really good rebounder, and his length on D creates problems, especially in this league.

Not sure how that translates to other leagues although calling him "just a scorer" in this league is incorrect.

Making the right decisions on penetration and his ball handling is where he needs to improve, although there has been some progression this season.

Reply #468234 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Its a good fit time wise Puerto Rico and good coin for not a long season.

Reply #468241 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It's mostly his ball handling that needs work IMO. Might not cut it against NBA defenders.

Reply #468253 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

LOL @#157

Reply #468256 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Gary Wilkinson is playing there as well.

Reply #468262 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Ennis is a finisher more than a creator, good at finding gaps when the defence is rotating, particularly moving away from the ball. He needs to find a team that wants that sort of player in the SF spot.

He also needs to get his 3p shot and defence to be more consistent.

Reply #468263 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

He is very good, he isnt NBA good though. Id have him on my team, man gets a lot of 50-50 calls, id rather have that than boo against it. Dont hate the player hate the game stuff... Just a shem he is in Perth, any other team and id be excited he is in the NBL, but i just dislike the arrogance of the Perth fan base, I cant wish them well in any way. All started for me when Fisher joined them and hit that game winner at the Powerhouse grand opening.

Reply #468289 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Wow, holding a 20 year grudge can't be healthy!

Reply #468295 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Given some of the stuff he posts, it certainly hasn't been healthy ):

Reply #468303 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Piratas de Quebradillas recruited Redhage many years ago and have gone to the well since then by recruiting at least one to two NBLers each season.

Nothing new but it seems like finally a Sixer was signed and their fanbase have woken up to what the Pirates do each and every NBL off season.

Reply #468649 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Also the PR league only started around three weeks ago as I remember Sam Young signed and conveniently didn't miss any of their season as the Kings helped out by choking a playoff spot ;)

PR league began play around four days after the NBL regular season ended so DJ and Ennis are really full season signings who missed a bit of the start due to NBL playoffs.

Reply #468650 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sam Young just got named player of the week with Bayamon in the PR league after a 38 point + 10 rebound game.

Reply #468659 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^ Of course he did his coach isn't Shane Heal but a real one.

Reply #468660 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:07 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754