Jack Toft
Years ago

2014 GF Series - Game 2

Friday 11th @ Adelaide Arena

The Sixers host the Cats in the return bout of this series. Cats go in 1 up after surviving a last quarter onslaught. If Cat fans think the Sixers are just going to give Martin a pair of scissors to cut down our nets.....well you are very much mistaken. You can dream on babies, 'cos this is going all the way. If you want a pair of nets to hang on the wall of Nick Marvin's office, you can cut down your own! Perth fans better raid their kid’s piggy banks, check their sofa for loose change and check their FIFO schedules - there will be a game 3, and this series is not over until the last flop has been made.

The Sixers have the best home record this season and I have been reliably informed there are only a few seats left (Tues night) Even the development player’s seats have been taken and there’s a few standing spots left in the bars (3 drink minimum) The floor wipers are normally let in free, forget it! The eBay auction just finished and that was the only way four blokes on a buck’s show got a ticket. If you have not got a ticket already, the only place to find a seat come Friday will be Steve Carfino’s lap. Robert Hughes has an excuse not to be there. I’ve got my ticket, have you? As one chap said "Easiest way to guarantee tickets to 36ers games is to become a member"

This will be noisy, not slightly noisy, not Jule’s Disco noisy, this will be noisier than ACDC with their speakers turned up to 12. No, probably noiser! If the Cat’s players want to see just how noisy the Adelaide Crowd can be, just test us with a flop, go on, I dare the floppers to flop.

The thing about grand finals is the standard of basketball is the best the NBL has on offer. Both teams never say die and every possession, every play will be crucial. No silly stuff needed, just make the score with a secure play and then get the stop. Simple. The Sixers were beaten on the offensive boards in game 1, that won’t be repeated. Somehow the Cat supporters were able to sneak a dodgy prawn into Creeky’s dinner the night before game 1, that won’t be repeated. In the regular season matches Perth had 63 free throw attempts, Adelaide 103. In Game 1, the refs tried to even it out.

This Friday there is only one place to be if you are a basketball fan in Adelaide.

Topic #34186 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cool story bro...go Cats

Reply #468460 | Report this post

Spinal Tap  
Years ago

Utterly ridiculous. You don't turn the speakers up, you turn the amps up.
Total loss of credibility there renders everything else in that preview meaningless!!!

Reply #468461 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

I'm going to shock everybody and tip a Perth victory.

Hey, why not?

Reply #468466 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

It will be another single digit game but I think Perth will win

Reply #468467 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

Going to be very hard to get the W in Adelaide, I see game 3 on the horizon

Reply #468468 | Report this post

Cats 4 life  
Years ago

Would love nothing better than marto lifting that trophy and every one flopping on there way to collect there rings. At same time i want them to win at hm! Hope it's a good game and joey shuts up about the refs, i bet ennis get 2 quick fouls just to shut joey up.

Reply #468470 | Report this post

Ballin Fan  
Years ago

Loved Joeys comments about the refs. Guards should be allowed to block out forwards on the defensive glass.

The only thing i will be booing Friday night is those bad calls.

Reply #468506 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth to win.

Reply #468558 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Sixers will get game 2.

Game 3 will decide and Sixers will have the momentum. Wouldn't the Cats fans want to see their boys one more time?

Reply #468561 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

What, throw Gm 2 just for a Gm 3 party? Uh, no.

Just win, baby, just win.

Reply #468563 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Out of curiosity, how many times has a Gm 2 home win actually provided "momentum" to overtake the home team in Gm 3? Not in the last decade if I remember correctly.

Reply #468564 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The back page of the West Australian today had a headline about Joey Wright whinging about refs!

Sounds like sour grapes!

Reply #468590 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Can you get food poisoning from sour grapes?

Reply #468592 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Only Cairns and Townsville have a longer championship drought than the 36ers :)-

Reply #468595 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

this year has been a year of firsts, so why not a Game 3 decider and Perth getting knocked off. Anything is possible..... the best thing is the Game is seeing a resurgence and that is good for all of us. Perth can't be in a competition on its own so it should relish some competition…..

Reply #468602 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

Am looking forward to this.

Reply #468606 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon #602 umm Perth were never on their own remember NZ three-peating. Adelaide thanks for replacing them though

Reply #468632 | Report this post

KINGS of Sydney  
Years ago

Perth are the superior team on both sides of the ball, however having said that the 6ers have the potential to win game 2 and cause a boilover over there in Perth it is likely the 6ers will win game 2, but I don't see them beating this Perth outfit twice inarow especially infornt of 14 thousand people.

Reply #468655 | Report this post

KINGS of Sydney  
Years ago

Wright had a case because the whistles went Perth's way but that is the advantage of having 14 thousand loud fans and homecourt advantage.

Reply #468656 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Love your work Jack Toft. Always an interesting read.

Reply #468948 | Report this post

Wildcats  
Years ago

Close to 9 thousand screaming Adelaide fans will make it tough for the Cats to win so I am certainly expecting a game 3.

Reply #468950 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Still 5000 less than perth stadium don't get too carried away Adelaide. perth to sweep with ennis finals mvp

Reply #468984 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

sixers by 7 with 47-13 fretrows. ervin with 18 freetrows and no fouls

Reply #469002 | Report this post

RedArny 4 Eva  
Years ago

A few thoughts for today game......

Cats By 8 ( cats 103 -- 36ers 95 )

Ennis GF MVP

Ennis to dunk over DJ ( highlight of the night )

Ennis to score 36 Beal 28 redage with 24

Ennis to cut the last string off the rim and put that net around his neck with a BIG smile on his face ( he night even hold up his ALL NBL 1st team award LOL )

can not wait for this game, house is set up for a GF party the beers are being chilled on ice and the party poppers are ready

Reply #469010 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Welcome to the forum Red Arny, are you any relation to the Hollywood actor?

Reply #469014 | Report this post

Cats 4 life  
Years ago

Just wana enjoy the game, if they win there, it will be great! But the same time i would want a game 3. The key for me is if they don't give up a big lead early, then they have the chance to win. Also can creek and co, playing there 1st do or die grand final perform in front of 8 000 when they most need to. Also, the cats will get called for everything after joeys rant.

Reply #469019 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

There are a lot of things in favour for the Sixers so the Wildcats should not be too confident going into this one.

They did not dominate as fans expected in game 1. The team they were up against were not 100% fitting fit and the home fans add 10 points, maybe 13. To limp over the line in the end should have alarm bells tingling a bit.

Ennis did play well in game 1 and that is what you expect from a protected player. When you can drive to the basket without fear of getting a charge called, well you just do it and crash everyone in the way. Considering he was -9 on the foul count for the evening but probably averaging -2 for the season was a boost. Peach is a former league player - he should be able to show the boys how to prop their feet to take a charging ball carrier - would be nice to see.

It was good to see some flop warnings to the Wildcats in game 1 - the number was Hire was expected.

This series is not over by a long shot. Sixers with a great home court record will make it hard for the Wildcats. No visiting team has ever cut down the nets from the Sixers court and that is something I think will continue.

Reply #469021 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Winning over in Adelaide is not easy so we have to be at our absolute best to knock them off. Their 8000+ crowd will be vocal. I want a Perth win to get it over and done with but won't be shocked if it goes to 3rd game.

Reply #469022 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Punters look to have monstered the Sixers on this one. I saw them closer to $2.30 on Tuesday I think it was

Reply #469024 | Report this post

RedArmy 4 Eva  
Years ago

^^Paul

who put the n and m so close LOL

or maybe i'm just too pumped for todays game

Reply #469026 | Report this post

RedArmy 4 Eva  
Years ago

^^^ paul

LOL who put the N and m so close together

think im just too pump for today's game

Reply #469029 | Report this post

Cats 4 life  
Years ago

No one said it will be easy, but every time u guyz lose, there is alwayz sumthin. Team not 100%, what can we say then in the past 3yrs with injuries? Knight, redhage and martin and we still have been in 3 gfs in a row. Its a gf, i did'nt think we will blow out adelaide at home in game 1, perth did'nt play there best to. U can look at it both way's, just hope that ure team don't crack under pressure and would love perth to be the 1st team to cut the nets down. If u guyz lose, i can just imagine all the bullshit excuses will be on here. Hope ure where those jocks to night, never corner a cat

Reply #469032 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth will lose tonight, then all the pressure goes on to them in game 3. There is no home court advantage in game 3. They will choke as they have in the past 2 GF's.

Reply #469056 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

I disagree anon. Adelaide won't win the two games required to get the title. As for the chokers label we are a better team this year and NZ were a better opponent than the sixers.

Reply #469065 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

36ers by 10+ tonight.

Reply #469076 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Live blog for tonight's game.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/basketball/adelaide-36ers-vs-perth-wildcats-live-from-adelaide-arena/story-fnii09ki-1226880917122

Reply #469080 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

Im hoping for a win for the Cats but sadly I wont finish work until its over, So I hope I get home to a great surprise.

Reply #469087 | Report this post

kobe24  
Years ago

Its is what it is, 6ers have to win, 6ers have the capabilities to win.... and no one wants to see Perth win in Adelaide. Box out run early, set the tone, and take it back to Perth. 36ers by 7+, and I hope Martin is right, when he said they would be pressing full court even in the last minutes if they were down big.... smart move champ, way to install fear!

Reply #469097 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Double overtime 3 point win to Sixers.

Gibbo to have a night out from outside the arc and Luke & DJ to own the boards.

Why not?!

Reply #469101 | Report this post

ShaneD  
Years ago

3 Words!:

Bring;
It (and);
On

So, as they say: "It On Bring!"

Or soemthing like that....

#nervousasallf*ck

Reply #469103 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Less than 3 hours until game time!

Go you 36ers!

Reply #469110 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Sixers must win.

I cannot WAIT to watch the Sixers' intro on the big screen and hear 8,500 roar.

It's been a long time.

Reply #469112 | Report this post

Years ago

mr plow to dance tonight )

Reply #469119 | Report this post

Years ago

tonight....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-MejeYatEw

minus the flares plse

Reply #469120 | Report this post

Years ago

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcvAOpnnMK0

Reply #469122 | Report this post

Gordon Liddy  
Years ago

RET ROW RIXERS!!! RET ROW!!!!

Reply #469123 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Ruddy ridiot!!

Reply #469127 | Report this post

Cats 4 life  
Years ago

How do both teams look?

Reply #469139 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Conditioning may be a factor in game three if Adelaide gets through here.

Adelaide's bench shits on Perth's and with the short turnaround, you'd have to say benches would be relied upon a little more than the games 1 and 2.

Reply #469146 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ew Adelaide fans are feral.

Reply #469148 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

The calls Ennis gets... absolute bullshit

Reply #469149 | Report this post

Vodka63  
Years ago

Flops by both Schenser and Teys..no comment from refs or commentators

Reply #469150 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

The calls Hire gets...

Reply #469151 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

Schenser was definitely a flop. Treys was an elbow to the middle of the chest. Good d I say.

Reply #469152 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

36ers getting the rub from the refs rite now!

Reply #469154 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Speaking of conditioning, what's with Ervin asking for a sub with 3 mins to go in the first quarter?

Reply #469155 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great atmosphere. Gotta say Adelaide's fans were a lot more committed in their booing of a dude who made the mistake of reacting to getting kneed in the groin than they've been to Ennis.

Reply #469156 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Ervin playing in his own little world, no concept of team.

Reply #469157 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Was just about to say that. Regardless of whether he's scoring efficiently, the ball needs to go through hands.

Reply #469158 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Live stats never cease to amaze

Reply #469159 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perth are gona fuck this up

Reply #469160 | Report this post

where are you watching this

Reply #469161 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

How on earth did Teys have position then?

Reply #469162 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

Ennis playing is own game too

Reply #469163 | Report this post

My apologies. Found it. (put it down to laziness!)

Reply #469164 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yer baby, sucked in Perth, we got it in the bag!!

Reply #469166 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This win in the bag... goodluck beating perth in perth

Reply #469168 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Woods really needs to get his shit together with the names

Reply #469169 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Joey Wrights whinge paid off.

Reply #469170 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Hmm, you can argue that the refs are now trying to even the count with all the off-ball holds right now.

Reply #469171 | Report this post

Lance_Uppercut  
Years ago

Parallels with Joey's 36ers and Joey's Bullets with Brendan Teys = Mick Hill and Adam Gibson (who played with that bullets team) = CJ Bruton

Reply #469172 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

Ennis doesn't look interested in listening at huddles on court

Reply #469173 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

Refs shouldn't stop the game unless an injured player is in the way ie on the floor in the key. Not on the wing like Gibson just was!!

Reply #469174 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Agree, good thing Joey called a timeout

Reply #469175 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

36ers choking
A

Reply #469176 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Beal is deadset one of the best streak shooters you will find anywhere in the world

Reply #469177 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

Nick marvin better have a new contract for beal wen he gets back to perth

Reply #469178 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would be nice if One had a live feed of some major spot in Perth where fans are watching that they could intermittently cut to. I remember back when Melbourne beat Perth in Perth to win the championship they had footage from a town hall or something in Melbourne. It'd add another layer to the telecast.

Reply #469179 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

The Iceman G-Ervin

Reply #469180 | Report this post

kings fan  
Years ago

Perth were screwed. The foul on wagstaff was comical. Then Gibson hits it out and it goes Adelaide ball. I don't see Adelaide wining in perth. Perth dominated them in the second hal so I see the momentum with them and 15 thousand in red will mean perth will win.

Reply #469181 | Report this post

Scopes44  
Years ago

I can't believe at the crunch time of a grand final. Two referees in prime position did not see Gibson slapping ball out of bounds and can only call a jump ball. What were they watching? Pathetic!

Reply #469182 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Umps fuced up Ervin held the ball for more than 5 seconds without boucing the ball, great game tho

Reply #469183 | Report this post

busy body  
Years ago

Looks like Adelaide's crying worked.

Reply #469184 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

Possession arrow sucks balls!!!

Reply #469185 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Average reffing in the last minute. Maybe some impartial commentary wouldn't go astray either. Talk about pro adelaide commentators.

Reply #469186 | Report this post

Lucas000  
Years ago

How many games does a team have to win to win the championship?

Reply #469187 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Win 2 games. Best of 3 series.

Reply #469188 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Perth's offense is horrible. All one out stuff reliant on guys being hot on the night.

If Knight and Beal didn't hit those tough shots, it would've been over early in the fourth.

Safe to say Ennis has been found out, definitely the best defensive shutdown I've seen all season.

Reply #469190 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How many call did the ball headed ump made these 2 game, aylen hasn't made many calls at all during these 2 games by the looks of it

Reply #469191 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Perth needed to get off to a much better start and shoot the ball better. Adelaide made them pay. Then when they were mounting a second half comeback, Gibson hit big shot after big shot. Perth made it hard for themselves.

Reply #469192 | Report this post

Lucas000  
Years ago

Thanks anon

Reply #469193 | Report this post

natwhereyouat  
Years ago

It looked CRAZY on TV. Well done Adelaide!

Reply #469194 | Report this post

zanzabar  
Years ago

Really when the Cats hit the lead they sould have won it if it wasn't for a few horrible call called against them.Nontheless I think it took Adelaides best shot to win by the skin of their pants so in Perth I see the Cats wining by 10.

Reply #469196 | Report this post

Davo  
Years ago

Commentators need to get real,true professionals are not biased in their comments,and refs were terrible looks like Adelaide's whinging worked

Reply #469197 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Congrats to ADL.

What a great series this is turning out to be..from a neutral fan.

Sadly, I agree with the commentary. Extremely pro-Adelaide.

But it happens wherever you go (Mulligan/ Frank in NZ.and Ronaldson in Perth is especially bias).

Reply #469198 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ah and now the shoe is on the other foot... You Perh Whingers !!!!! Going to a third is good for basktball and all your fans back in Perth. If you win wouldn't you rather it at home or are you really that worried......

Reply #469199 | Report this post

Perth fan  
Years ago

Firstly, congrats to Adelaide. Well played. Yep, I could whinge about the refs but we dug ourselves in hole in the second quarter. Great effort with the comeback but too little from Ennis and we really needed Redhage to lift. Any Adelaide fan who reckons just the wildcats flop- hmmm!!!!
Must say though, I reckon Teys is a little champion!
Looking forward to Sunday to watch my boys in red win it all :-)

Reply #469200 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

Amazing game by adelaide! Showed perth what team offense and defense is all about. Perth did well to stay in the game tho and if knight was able to hit his jumpers it could have been a different result. Martin needs to be more aggressive and drive to the basket more and use his athleticism to create something in offense. Will be tough for perth to turn it around with only a day and a half til game 3 but expect them to play better than tonight.

Agree with Kev that possession arrow rule sucks! It looks like rugby with players jumping on each other and instead of fouling they win possession

Reply #469201 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

I wish Knight wasn't settling for those jumpers so much. They all fell short and they were taken at bad times.

Reply #469202 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Will be tough to turn what around?. I think the second half or the last quarter Perth turned it around. Despite the loss I think it was clear perth was the team coming home with the wet sails!

Reply #469203 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Teys had a huge game defensively! That charging foul on the fast break that he managed to collect was very very smart thinking. I want to see this guy back next year along with Carter, Ervin and the Crew.

Gibson, quiet first half but boy did he come to the party when we needed him to, some absolute 'wow' shooting.

Loved the atmosphere, extraordinary game to be at! Go 36ers!!

Reply #469204 | Report this post

Bol Bol  
Years ago

Some of the calls were again pretty ordinary for both teams. Redhage would have been important down the stretch but somehow was called for his fifth for just standing there? So frustrating!

Reply #469205 | Report this post

Big Marty  
Years ago

This has been a great series so far. Regardless of the negatives from each game that you could pull out, this series was always going to go to 3 games.

I can honestly say as a Basketball fan, a Sixers fan and a fan of the Sixers/Wildcats rivalry; that Game 3 has been something I've been waiting for a long time.

Reply #469206 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Na, Redhage stepped up in to Teys at the last second.

Reply #469207 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

ONE MORE WIN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07MgDMqmwig

36ersNation

That was insanity.

Reply #469208 | Report this post

Cats 4 life  
Years ago

Haha that waz embarrasing from the refs part! Gibbo hit a few shots but fuk me those refs? If they call the same fouls again i will pay the 5 000 and punch some cunt in the head! That was bullshit! Admit to it! That was robbed and the should have 3 knew refs 4 game 3! Gleeson should come out and say the same thing 2nyt! What joey said!

Reply #469209 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Good to see the shoe on the other foot. Always the refs' fault... always.

Reply #469210 | Report this post

Vodka63  
Years ago

Hopefully the refs now take a nil all approach to the third game and have no influence on the outcome. How the three of them couldn't see the ball came off Gibbo with 24 sec to go is unbelievable. Still, Adelaide played the better over the course of the game.

Reply #469212 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

Just got home. Bloody awesome crowd and atmosphere. The result was pretty good too!

Reply #469213 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Your a joke 'Cats for Life'

Game 1 Perth 47 free throws - Adelaide 15.
Game 2 Perth 28 free throws - Adelaide 35.

Game 1 Perth fouls 19 - Adelaide 31
Game 2 Perth fouls 30 - Adelaide 24

Game 2 looks pretty even - while game one looks pretty average.

Reply #469214 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

You lost, Cats4Life.

Take your medicine like a man.

Reply #469216 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Chatted to some Cats fans at the game - nice enough people. Good to see them support the team and fly over.

Reply #469218 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great to see the arrogant cats fans brought back to reality.

Reply #469219 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Official attendance was.....surprise surprise....8,127. Great effort by the 36ers and their fans.

@Cats 4 life re your comments on tonight's refereeing. You should take your comedy act on the road. Especially since tonight was a far more even spread of calls compared to Game 1 in Perth. Bit different when you don't get such a lopsided count in your favour isn't it.

Reply #469220 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Like I've been saying all week, cats 4 life does not speak on behalf of any or all cats fans.

Reply #469222 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Honestly, how close can it get? After 6 games between the 36ers and Wildcats this season its locked at 3-3 with Perth having scored 509 points and Adelaide scoring 508.

Perth will rightly go into Game 3 at home as the favourites. But I don't think they are counting their chickens just yet.

The Drive for Five is still alive!!!!!!!

Reply #469225 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

A great series that deserves a game 3

We'll done Sixers

Reply #469227 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good series so far, apart from the refereeing (for both teams).

Reply #469228 | Report this post

Cats 4 life  
Years ago

U kidding ureselves! Honestly? Dnt go by the last game! That was bullshit and deep down u guys cant play better than that! And thats all u got a 5 pnt win!at hm!

Reply #469230 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Safe to say Ennis has been found out, definitely the best defensive shutdown I've seen all season."

One game after he dropped 30/10/4 on the 36ers?

Reply #469231 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Situation - you've been great value in here and entertained us all week mate. Been a great series - one for the ages.

Reply #469232 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Is it school holidays in Perth? I get confused with the time difference. Are Cats4Life's parents not aware that he / she is still online? If they can afford to live in WA, surely his or her parents can afford the nominal fee for an English tutor.

Reply #469235 | Report this post

Cats 4 life  
Years ago

Poor souls adelaide! Like the pies in the afl! If it takes ure coach to be a bitch to win? No gastro and yet flopage ennis foul out and u win by five at hm? Gd luck!

Reply #469236 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

Cats 4 Life ....u md bru?

Reply #469237 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

surely the cats come out and tear this game up...they can't lose 3 grand finals in a row

Reply #469239 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Look at all the Perth fans complaining about the refs. Try having a 47 to 13 free throw count. Was nothing like that!

Reply #469240 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Hold up. I speak jive. I got this.

"Poor souls adelaide! (*Adelaide). Like the pies in the afl! If it takes ure (your) coach to be a bitch to win? No gastro and yet flopage (?) ennis (Ennis) foul (fouls) out and u (you) win by five at hm (home)? Gd (good) luck!"

Next level prose right there.

In terms of emotional counselling, that's not my thing. I'll leave that to the pros:

http://www.beyondblue.org.au/

Remember - you're not alone.

Reply #469241 | Report this post

Jake  
Years ago

Wildcats have to start favourites for Sunday and rightly so. Will take a huge effort to get the W.

Hopefully the Wildcats can 3 peat on Sunday. All the pressure is on Perth

Reply #469242 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Very proud of the boys and the crowd. Was a fantastic effort, will be super hard in Perth again especially having to back up so quick but I think we can do it. Big props to the Perth fans as well who really turned out.

Just wish we could get the ball to Gibbo lat in games quicker, just makes more percentage plays that Ervin. That play in the fourth where he basically dribbled out the shot clock was mind blowing.

Reply #469243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Poor souls Perth fans. Takes ridiculous one sided 47 to 13 free throw count to win game one by just 7 when you're +34 from the line.

Reply #469245 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

For those playing at home, quick history lesson the last time a team were unbeatable v Adelaide in a grand final:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CxZpuIc5zAA

Reply #469246 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Anon, toss up between tonight (singular game) and Blanchfield's job on him when Townsville roared home to win at the swamp a couple months ago.

Reply #469247 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Game 3 will be crazy. That Perth stadium looks amazing - such a rabid fan base too. Looks great on TV - can only imagine it live.

It's the finals series you want - 1 v 2 and a crazy loud crowd. Like Goorjan always said "That's why you play".

Can't wait.

Reply #469248 | Report this post

Kev  
Years ago

Perth shot 67 times in this game and 33 of those we're 3 pointers. Too many. Reminded me of grand finals of the past.

Reply #469249 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Thanks Loco...I think? :-)

Reply #469251 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

^Ha! No honestly, you've been classy and hilarious mate. Poisoning the team wasn't your finest hour, but still ;)

Reply #469256 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Finest HOUR? Of course not, it was a Jamie 15 minute meal. You can cook chicken on searing hot pavement, right?

Reply #469259 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Sear a prawn on a big block 350 for 30 seconds - can't go wrong.

Reply #469266 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

The pressure is on Perth now. Don't want to lose game 3 at home, don't want to blow 1-0 lead and certainly don't want to lose 3grand finals in a row. Oh and lastly we don't want Adelaide on 5 titles.
Bring on Sunday!!

Reply #469278 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

What a great game!

Saw all the Perth fans and saw Simon Devlin so I went over and said hello to him. I was inquiring about The Situation, but he didn't make the trip over.

I found the "leader" of the touring party. He was obvious to locate as he was the guy with the most teeth and had combed his hair for the outing. I had to speak slowly, but I welcomed them to the Arena. Don't know if there is a soap shortage in Perth but I almost had to fart to improve the air quality around the Perth group.

Great to see their mascot come over as well.

Reply #469285 | Report this post

Spinner  
Years ago

LMAO

Reply #469295 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sounds like a few "butt hurt" Perth fans on here tonight...how times have changed from Monday.

Reply #469300 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Man I wish all the fans could go to their own little corners of the net. Last couple of series it's just been childish back and forth. Bitch among yourself with like minded people.

Reply #469302 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

I think there is one person complaining. I don't think perth fans will be starting eight threads about the terrible reffing and bleating on about irrelevant stats.

Reply #469303 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

My team representing my city in a colored singlet is better than your team representing your city in a colored singlet. The stadium my team plays in is better than the stadium your team plays in. The refs screw my team when we lose, but when we win the other team says they've been screwed.

Just STFU and enjoy this great series, and what it may be doing for basketball in this AFL/cricket obsessed country.

This is why "die-hard, super fanatical fans" ruin sports for most people. It ain't life or death, and it ain't for life. There'll be another GF series in less than 12 months, and this result will be mostly irrelevant. Now, sit back and enjoy Game 3.

Reply #469307 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well done 36ers!

Great game from Gibbo too.

Reply #469315 | Report this post

Loco  
Years ago

Speed - point?

Reply #469318 | Report this post

Cats 4 life  
Years ago

Loco! Im still up! And ure fuckt! Ure not alone 2! U got ure state behind u! Hope ure coming on sunday and u can see the redarmy! Not one hit wonders with blue shirts trying to be like us! Code blue is now code red!

Reply #469326 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

7690 or 8127?

Reply #469339 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Adelaide's home record in 2014 (now 16-1) is as good as our home record was in.....1986 (15-1).

But none of that matters now. Its how we perform on Sunday in Perth that will determine how history see's the 2013-14 Adelaide 36ers.

Reply #469340 | Report this post

Refs weren't great, all teams get hometown calls, nothing new. Perth's D in the 1st half was ordinary. We missed far to many open shots compared to Adelaide, 2nd half D was better which got us back into game,but Gibson hit some super shots under pressure, not a lot more the defender could do without fouling him, he is the danger man for Adelaide IMO.

Redhage needs to step on Sunday,has not had a great series, and i agree Martin needs to take it to the hole rather than settling for jump shot. So we if we shoot a touch better, and get off to a good start,and keep Gibbo quiet like we did in the 1st game i'm fairly confident we can win.

Reply #469342 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

What time is game 3 in Perth?

Reply #469358 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

11am

Reply #469362 | Report this post

Very Old  
Years ago

Cats 4 life Reply #469209
re: 2014 GF Series - Game 2

"Haha that waz embarrasing from the refs part! Gibbo hit a few shots but fuk me those refs? If they call the same fouls again i will pay the 5 000 and punch some cunt in the head! "

Thats a side to you I did not expect Cats 4 life - would not have picked you as someone who takes their mother to the games. Good on you mate - everyone needs their Mum sometimes.

Reply #469364 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

Sorry Loco, I guess my ramble wasn't clear. I was just a bit over all the whining about refs, the sledging of stadiums, cities and fan-bases, and the irony of fans not seeing that they are criticizing behaviors that they themselves were doing only 5 days earlier. All in awful spelling, everywhere online (here and on social media).

I guess I'm getting old and grumpy, and am just over the tribalism of pro sports. Ignore me.

No one actually speaks about the game (besides the "horrible refs"), it's all just lame-ass trash talk. My point was trying to be (badly, I admit), that I enjoy the game, for the game.

I loved Game 1 of the Wildcats V Hawks series, even though I support neither. The first 2 games of the Tigers V Sixers series were great, and both games of this GF series have been pretty good standard. It's been a great NBL finals series, semis and Grand. Let's enjoy it, and stop being little whiny bitches.

Continue ignoring me, I'm going to chase the neighbour kids off the front lawn now, then have an afternoon nap.

Reply #469378 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Just putting my dignity on the line here:

Before the season started I put $200 on Adelaide to win the championship @$9.00, now there's one game left and fuck it, if I'm going down I'm going down big. Hedging's for whimps. Carn the Sixers!

Reply #469382 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I had Perth SS.

After Game 1 on Monday night Adelaide's odds to win it all shot up to $7.

Arbed it. Whoever wins or loses, I win! :D

Reply #469395 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

It's a good feeling. I once hedged the winner of a tennis tournament four ways. Had Venus Williams at $51, Kerber at $21, Wozniacki at $26 and Kvitova at $11. They all made it to the semis so it was a sure thing... but of course the lowest payout won.

Reply #469417 | Report this post

Master Chief  
Years ago

Easily one of the best NBL games i have been to in a long time.

Credit to the composure in the last few minutes when Cats hit the lead. Perth just never went away.

Ervin is just so much better when he attacks the rim and creates. Beal really impressed too.

We can do it !

Reply #469453 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

I also out a hefty bet on the Sixers winning 2-1 so that may be some nice drinking/sorrow-drowning money for me tomorrow afternoon.

Reply #469455 | Report this post

arthur deigh  
Years ago

"Adelaide would not get that call in Perth"

Every time I heard that or something similar last night, I cringed. That is a really strong indication that the standard of refereeing is very ordinary and inconsistent. How can the NBL be happy with this?

There is no way the foul count and free throws should have been so lopsided in game one. Perth are just not that clean compared to Adelaide. Take that factor out and we would've seen Adelaide crowned champions last night.

As to the comments above about one-sided commentary, the only team who doesn't seem to get this advantage from the commentary team is the Hawks. Melbourne get Andrew Gaze, Adelaide get Brett Maher, Perth gets Ronaldson. Sydney get Carfino AND Rosen. Hawks got Carfino and Rosen this year. Both Sydney boys. Carfino tends to get caught up in a bit of bro-love with his co-commentators meaning he seems less objective than he should be. Listen to NBA and NCAA commentary: the commentators are knowledgeable about both teams, objective but still passionate and enthusiastic. They don't have to be one-eyed to show their enthusiasm. I know Brendan was used but he and the Hawks didn't part amicably. Why not Glen Saville? (Bill Woods was a late addition to the commentary team).

(as a partial rebuttal to the comments above, in the last Hawks-Perth SF game in Perth, Tony Ronaldson did acknowledge there were two teams on the court, that they both had a chance of winning and was able to commentate on the abilities of players from both teams. Good work Tony - keep it up and you will be a better commentator for it :o)

Reply #469457 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pert has beaten Adelaide all season in Perth. They are very good at home. Stop crying about the refs in game 1 just like sore Cats fans need to stop crying bout game 2.

Reply #469495 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:33 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754