Steven
Years ago

Delly with 14 and 12 vs Pistons

Thought I would post something not related to the grand final. Awesome effort from Dellavedova today with 14pts, 11ast, 4-5 3pt, in only 26mins with a +26.

Topic #34207 | Report this topic

Bobby Tables  
Years ago

Reading a Cavs game-discussion thread, it sounds like Detroit basically gave up after the first quarter.

Delly scored 11 points in the second and gave out like 7-8 dimes, so it looks like he was pretty instrumental in building the big lead. From the play by play it looks like the whole second half was junk time hahaha.

Reply #468786 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What's Delly's situation for the next NBA season. Did he sign a 1 year deal or 2 years?

Reply #468809 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

He's gotta be a lock for next season after these great performances.

Reply #468812 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You would think so!!

Reply #468813 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Searched a bit on the web and it looks like he signed a 2 year deal but that was before training camp and he still had to make the team. Said it was a partial guarantee.

Guessing that he does have a second year then

Reply #468818 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The kid can flat out play. such a beast

Reply #468827 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great work by Delly, was undrafted, i wasnt even sure if he would make it through to the start of the season and ended up having a very strong rookie season, well done to him and you would have to think he would stay in the NBA for a number of years after what he has done this season, most coaches would have to appreciate what he brings to the table surely.

Reply #468829 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

I would hope he gets picked up he has exceeded expectations for an undrafted player.

Reply #468831 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Still listed as a top 10 rookie by NBA.com

Reply #468836 | Report this post

Rav  
Years ago

Nice work Delly!!

Nice little write up on NBA.com.

http://www.sportal.com.au/nba/matthew-dellavedova-shines-for-cavs/1ielgy6v09rms1xoivch6jl8i2

Reply #468846 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Oops my bad the original box score I saw had 11ast. But still a career effort anyway.

Reply #468848 | Report this post

Rav  
Years ago

I read this the other day & had a little chuckle to myself:

"I'm going to give you three names to think about, Anthony Bennett, Sergey Karasev and Carrick Felix.

What do all these guys have in common?

They were all picked up in the 2013 NBA Draft with picks 1, 19 and 33 respectively.

Now, going into the season, it was unfathomable to think that the undrafted rookie the Cavs would pick up would actually have the biggest impact.

That’s precisely what has happened for Matthew Dellavedova."

Delly has a higher PER than all three picks, so I think the 32 NBA GM's might of made a mistake by not drafting this kid in the 2nd round.

Reply #468851 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He has another year on his contract but none of it is guaranteed l believe until it is picked up before the end of July

Reply #468868 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

GUROAT.

Greatest Undrafted Rookie of All Time.

End of story.

Reply #468882 | Report this post

Statsheet Stuffer  
Years ago

Delly with 14 and 12. Spoiler alert!

Reply #468890 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

just rewatched bits of the game his 2nd quarter was unreal!! Does this make anyone so excited to watch the boomers??

Reply #468900 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Count me as one of those guys who never thought he'd make it in the NBA. I remember when the Boomers played against team U.S.A he really struggled. Good to see him proving me wrong.

Reply #469055 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Mind you, Team USA is a mile above your standard NBA game. I thought he could make it eventually but it would take a few years working on his game elsewhere. WRONG!

Reply #469060 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, true. He just seemed to crumble whenever they pressured him. His progress has really been outstanding. Who would've thought that the best Cleveland rookie would be an undrafted free agent?

Reply #469064 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:01 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754