Scooby Doo
Years ago

ABL Coach of the Year

West Adelaide, 2nd bottom last year, It seems the Batman and Robin duo of "big bobby" and "diesel" have brought the bearcats back from the dead? Are the caped crusaders a chance of taking the title?

Topic #3422 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Busy day at Job Prospects today is it Scooby?

Reply #39302 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sapwell should get it. He has done well getting that team to the wins they have had.

Reply #39305 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Kevin Brooks for taking a team that was predicted last by everybody to the pinnacle...

Richard Hill - there's life after Jacob?

Reply #39306 | Report this post

Phil J  
Years ago

With the competition so close you would think think COTY would also be close.
I'd say it would be between the coaches of the top six teams:
Castle: A couple of weeks ago was probably the favourite but does their last couple of losses change things? Forestville and Woodville are good teams however and those losses aren't surprising given the injuries Sturt have.
Simons: Doing a great job even without Newley. How much easier is his job with a guy like Dix? Couldn't do it last year without him.
KB: Would probably have won it if he was there all year. Woodville predicted to finish last yet sitting nicely at the moment. Only thing is Tracey coached the first three games and preseason and recruited Elder so probably not this year for KB.
Manning and Hunnerup: Both taken their teams from low on the ladder to finals contention. If it were to go to one of these guys how do you choose between them!
Hill: Many thought no Jacob meant no Eastern but they are only one game out of fourth spot.

Reply #39307 | Report this post

Axel  
Years ago

two games

Reply #39309 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

everyone keeps saying 'woodvile were predicted to finish last'

who made that prediction?
With the players they have (even with out Elder) only a fool would have made such a prediction.

Reply #39382 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

BIG BOBBY IS DOING A GREAT JOB WITH WEST ALSO WITH U/16 BOYS(STATE CHAMPS)

Reply #39383 | Report this post

Doddobird  
Years ago

With Wilson, Meakin, Puds, Fuller they have some talent Libertine, plus Birmingham can shoot the ball as can the boy from North.
Maybe a first round upset, but didnĀ“t back them. Under Tracey they would have run the Dome stairs a few times during pre season.

Doddobird, 04/03/05

NOT ME!

Reply #39384 | Report this post

meakin - who the hell he doesnt even play for us, never suited out for a winter season game !!

Reply #39391 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I certainly didn't expect Woodville to do well. They lost a lot of players from last season and besides Puddifoot, didn't really have any names that I recognised.

I expected the following teams to be ahead of them: Sturt, Forestville, Norwood (deep roster), North (quality lineup, good younger players who received minutes last season), Centrals (three solid name players), Eastern (no Holmes, but Brad Davis is still an excellent player, Bungey coming up too, Trebilcock, the little guards), Southern (had Clarke back then, Hodges, Gerlach, etc). Which leaves West and South, and I can't remember how I thought West would do and didn't rate South that highly.

Reply #39411 | Report this post

AsIseeIt  
Years ago

Big Bad Bobby- same Bearcats team with some LOCAL Juniors looks a good bet. Add Blake to the mix and look out.
Crusher is looking for court time so get out of the way when he hits the boards

Reply #39424 | Report this post

wow  
Years ago

West .. no i dont think so !!

Woodville will come 3rd this year ..

Look for a Sturt v Forestville Grand Final .. unless Sturts Stars remain injured ..

Reply #39431 | Report this post

Scooby Doo  
Years ago

The topic wasn't who is going to win the title but which coach will win the title. Does the coach of the year have to win the championship? I would think it would be who has improved their team the most or got the most from their lists!

Oh and thankyou PanPoss for your comment, I assume it was you earlier.

Reply #39499 | Report this post

everyone keeps saying 'woodvile were predicted to finish last'

who made that prediction?
With the players they have (even with out Elder) only a fool would have made such a prediction.

Everyone made that prediction. If I wasn't so lazy I'd look for old threads. At the beginning of the season there was no Rees, Elder, and a question mark around whether Puddifoot was playing or not, so yeah.

Reply #39505 | Report this post

statue of liberty  
Years ago

gorilla there were a couple of threads that had rosters written up and woodville were absolutely dissed and picked for the wooden spoon.

i personally thought it was a sturt season no questions at all but no one thought of the possibility of injuries.

but for woodville to lose ATLEAST 9 players i can think of, that is a huge effort considering the lack of age and experience for this young team.

However, i do predict a Forestville and either sturt OR woodville if lucky grandfinal. You would think if sturt recovered from injury they would be the second team.

But yes gorilla good point to bring up

Reply #39763 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:06 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754