Anonymous
Years ago

How does Trevor Gleeson not get techs/ejected?

This guy was arguing about every call from 9.01 left in the first quarter until the end of the game - even the obvious one.

Seriously, get a life and be a good sport.

He does this every game, no matter what the time, sre, situation, etc. Not to mention Townsville/Melbourne/Perth spend half the game with 6 on the court cos he's always standing on their.

How does he get away with it?

NBA he wouldn't last two minutes.Somehow, I've never seen him get teched. That's remarkable!

This guy makes Andre Lemanis look like a quiet little goody two shoes!!

Topic #34224 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Written by one of the many soft as butter umpires in SA I bet!

Nek up

Reply #469254 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Irony overload!!

Reply #469255 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

You should get a tech for your horrible grammar and spelling.

Reply #469261 | Report this post

Slick  
Years ago

Did you actually watch any of the game?

I bet your kids play at south

Reply #469264 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

The amount of times I've seen Gleeson teched as an opposing coach at Challenge is....well, a lot.

But good to see Joey getting his dad to continue the whinging.

Reply #469269 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Alexkrad

Written by one of the many 'soft as butter' umpires in SA I bet!

Nek up

You comprehend?

I bet you hand out tech fouls for dirty looks!

Reply #469273 | Report this post

Maxymoo  
Years ago

He just tells the ref he's not complaining - it's his Joey Wright impression

Reply #469282 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Lame thread. Learn some basic spelling OP, cats4life makes more sense than you.

Reply #469283 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

If coaches and players were tech'd for complaining consistently, they'd stop. They aren't so they don't.

It isn't fair to single out Gleeson or Joey given the stress they're under.

If you had to single out anyone it would have to be Shawn Dennis: his sideline antics look like a Greek Tragedy.

Reply #469286 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dennis is a bit choco looking is he of greek origin?

Reply #469329 | Report this post

Wildcats80  
Years ago

Haha this is funny, Joey wright is the one up on his feet always complaining, at least gleeson sits down during the game most of the time

Reply #469348 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cats weren't told off for being too noisy and to sit down like the sixers usually are last night. And so funny the tables turn and suddenly Gleeson the new Joey complaining about the refs..... Poetic Justice in play….. Now we have a Grand Final game….

Reply #469375 | Report this post

HoldenV8  
Years ago

Singling out Gleeson and Wright for complaining to or about the refs? Give me strength!!! Try actually watching an NBL or NBA game sometime, every coach (and probably every player) does it.

You do realise that a coach has the right to question a referee don't you? So long as they don't get physical or abusive or start accusing the refs of cheating.

Who thought up this thread? Tell me, was the 'tobacco' in your cigarette a little on the 'green' side? Or was your Apple Cider really a bottle of vodka? Untwist your knickers and enjoy the fact that this series isn't over yet. We get to do it all again tomorrow, whichever way it turns out.

Next you'll be wanting the refs to call a tech foul for Perth's dancers strutting their stuff around the opposition time out.....

And you say Gleeson needs to get a life...

Reply #469379 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Heal and Anstey are the serial complainers, the other coaches don't seem too unreasonable.

Reply #469381 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Half the time you see them yapping on camera, the coaches are talking to their players and not the refs.

Nonetheless, I long for the day an NBL ref goes over to the teams' time outs and tell the coach he's drawn the play wrong and tells them what they should have drawn up! I seriously would love for a retiring ref to do that in his or her last game. It would be hilarious! Alternatively, the ref could take his whistle over, hand it to the coach and leave the stadium. That'd be good too.

But unfortunately, the refs seem to have more class than to complain to everyone about how they as a team are treated during games. Quel dommage.

Reply #469443 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Here is the article of Gleeson complaining about the umpiring and asking for different umpires for the final game.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/more-sports/perth-wildcats-coach-trevor-gleeson-tees-off-at-referees-after-his-team-lose-nbl-grand-final-game-two-to-adelaide-36ers/story-fnii0hmp-1226881492526

Reply #469446 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He must have taken notes off wright - the same could be said for him.

Reply #469450 | Report this post

the Truth  
Years ago

I agree 100% with this post. Perth fans need to stop being biased towards their coach. Rob Beveridge was so much better. I hope Perth lose just so this guy doesn't get a ring - he is a terrible example of coaching

Reply #469520 | Report this post

The Situation  
Years ago

Sorry, we will stop liking our own players and coaches immediately. Thanks for the tip off, Truth.

Reply #469521 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

The truth, are you on school holidays now? Being a passionate fan is one thing being a knob is another.

Reply #469522 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dear Truth,
You are False. You are also a wanker. Cheers!

Reply #469526 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pot. Kettle. Black. Joey Wright is THE biggest whinger.

Reply #469530 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Joey does query the 50/50 bad calls, generally though his manner is well. Bad calls he loses the plot and the lack of tech normally means his complaint is probably on the money.

Gleason complains about every call. If the call is clearly obvious, he sits there moaning about some call 3 play phases ago.

Best person to deal with Gleason is Lyons, his ejection was sensational. Totally deserved.

Reply #469545 | Report this post

nailna3  
Years ago

Cos he's trevor Gleeson. much loved by the NBL. probably a cult hero. but so much respect for saying joey was reffing out there. guess the 32-19 discrepancy the other night was OK. but the 24 to 30 foul count last night was shocking.

Gleeson is like Anstey, bur with Anstey admitting he hates losing.

Reply #469555 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

FM at least figure out how to spell his name. GLEESON. And nailna3 how many of game 1s fouls were in the last quarter because Joey told them to start fouling? There's a difference between bad, unfair fouls and a high foul count partly due to coaches orders. We had, from memory, 3 players in foul trouble after the 1st quarter last night. That, my friends, is ridiculous. Let the players determine the result, not the refs.

Reply #469558 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Sorry Trev. Don't forget to put your list in your pocket, otherwise you won't know what to do at the timeout.

Reply #469595 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

FM, I'd love to see a wanker like you coach. What's your record? How many grand final appearances have you coached? Or played?

Reply #469618 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

"We had, from memory, 3 players in foul trouble after the 1st quarter last night. That, my friends, is ridiculous."

Nothing ridiculous about it, if it was a clear foul like the replays show. It is irrelevant if you had 10 players in foul trouble, if it is a foul it is a foul!

Reply #469620 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Sorry Trev. Don't forget to put your list in your pocket, otherwise you won't know what to do at the timeout."

Haha FM. He was placed in the best job possible, I felt he was more of an auto pilot coach than anything since the team were already a unit and the best in the league. Did freeze in a few televised timeouts this season. I would rate his time at the Crocs his best coaching performance but now he gets a title.

Reply #469842 | Report this post

What r u?  
Years ago

Great comments FM

Reply #469910 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

People can say what they like he is now Trevor Gleeson championship coach.

Reply #469912 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rather than starting a new topic for this i might as well say it here since its mostly about gleeson.
I never rated joey much. His only real success was with a team that could have coached itself to a title.
This season i gained a lot of respect for his coaching. Tremendous job with the 36ers to take them so close to a title.
Gleeson i never rated either. and i still don't.
Is it unfair of me to claim that this wildcats team also could have coached itself to a title and that they won in spite of gleeson rather than due to him?
Perth's defence was already built from the ground up by bevo. Its offence was just talented players playing on instinct. The subbing patterns were just silly with the amount of times he left players in foul trouble out on the court and they then went on to pick up an extra really damaging on. Both games 2 & 3 had this. Honestly he seems pretty clueless and not the sharpest tool in the shed and i think there's a good reason the cats were able to get him. No one else wanted him. Very surprised that a team as professional successful and wealthy as perth went with him when they could have their pick of coaches.
I guess they can't sack him now though!!!

Reply #469965 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He just did what Bevo couldn't do the last 2 yrs. Nuff said. Give the guy the respect he has rightly earned. He won the title and as a first year coach. Great achievement, great coach, great bloke.

Reply #470011 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wonder how the Tigers like those apples. Fire a coach that wins the title the next year. Baaaaaaaaaaa good move.

Reply #470012 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

"He just did what Bevo couldn't do the last 2 yrs."
Have five healthy starters for the grand final?

Reply #470013 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bevo, mate come up with a better excuse. Getting old.

Reply #470293 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:51 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754