Years ago

state champs "seedings"

I always understood your seeding complemented your game - if you were a good team you got a good seeding and if poorer a lower seeding.

I know we need a system to get pools for state champs to enable a draw to be produced.

But seeding the bottom team in a div as no. 1 seed when they have not won a game over summer or winter.... pfffft. wasting everyone's time and not rewarding junior teams that do the work.

It wont make any difference to results and they may come out and win it all but not winning a game in 6 months and being given a no. 1 seed is tough on the juniors who get it done.

Topic #34301 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who are you talking about?

Reply #471320 | Report this post

Years ago

woodville in u14 g - bottom in div 1 over summer - no wins lost regularly by 100.

go into div 2 - still have not won a game and bottom - but at least not losing by 100 pts.

under state champ by laws - any team that has dropped a div for state champs (i.e. they were in div 1 when seeding assigned over summer) gets top seeding in reserves and mavs who have owned div 2 (only 2 teams got close to them) get number 2 seed - when the mavs would beat have the div 1 teams.

Reply #471322 | Report this post

Years ago

half - and I know it wont make any difference - it is just a bad decision IMO.

Reply #471323 | Report this post

Clydetheglide  
Years ago

Yes very poor decision and yes Mavs deserve top seed being only beaten once over summer and creaming the finals. The top teams will still win. Unfortunately for the Woodvile team they are still a div too high. Feel sorry for Sturt 3 but themes the rules.

Reply #471325 | Report this post

Years ago

mavs will win u14 g state and reserves , Fville runner up in both.

although the reserve seeding of woodville as no. 1 seed may line them up for a cross over final earlier - depends on how many pools

Reply #471326 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fv's in the1s, sturt in the 2s and sturt by a mile in the 3s for u14g's. Not discounting Mavs who have become a fantastic club in this group over a few seasons now. This group including west have had a great competition since u10s. Looking forward to watching this from a distance for a few years to come.

Reply #471330 | Report this post

Years ago

div 1 mavs and fville will be close - depth will be an issue by the end of the weekend.

west and centrals will round out state points for div 1s

reserves will be mavs or fville by miles not sturt.

how many pools will have a strong bearing how this grade rounds out

sturt and north will round out top 4 in reserves.

div 3s are irrelevant to results for state champs

Reply #471333 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry about div 3 - thinking too much.
I hope Mavs take 1s and 2's out but think Sturt will be better with the 1 team in the 2's now. Certainly Mavs and Fv are clearly the better teams in the 1's. We will find out in a few weeks time. Looking forward to it.

Reply #471335 | Report this post

rj  
Years ago

where are the seedings posted guys

Reply #471338 | Report this post

Years ago

official seedings not out yet (nominations closed today) - but you can deduce them by noting standings at the end of round 9 over summer and knowledge of by laws.

the only thing us armchair prophets don't know is what the official nominations are - i.e. if Limestone coast or mildura have put in or any lower div 1 teams have put in for reserves that we have presumed will play state.

Reply #471341 | Report this post

rj  
Years ago

ok.ta

Reply #471344 | Report this post

Years ago

so pools - 7-12 teams

A - 1,3,6,8,9,11

B - 2,4,5,7,10,12

so from what i can seem to recall (I stand corrected) the seedings will look a bit like this

u14 g state -

1 - mavs
2- fville
3 - west
4 -centrals
5 -north
6 -sturt
7 - southen
8 - norwood
9 - south

u14 g reserves

1 - woodville
2- mavs
3- fville
4- sturt
5- north
6 - west
7 - norwood
8 - centrals
9 - tigers
10 - south

now if any country teams nominate - that will also affect positions - i may have some of them wrong as well

Reply #471346 | Report this post

Well Read  
Years ago

Incorrect seedings for the U14G reserves:

1. Woodville
2. Forestville 2
3. Eastern
4. Sturt 2
5. North Adelaide
6. West Adelaide
7. Southern
8. Norwood
9. Central Districts
10. South Adelaide

Plus possible nominations from division 3 teams:

11. Sturt 3
12. Forestville 3
13. Western

But at the end of the day the best team will win, regardless of the politics.

Reply #471370 | Report this post

Years ago

ok so if 13 teams nominate then it turns into 4 pools

Reply #471371 | Report this post

Years ago

A - 1,7,10,16 - woodville, southern, south

B - 2,8,9,15 - Fville, norwood, centrals

C - 3,5,12,14 - eastern, north, fville

D - 4,6,11,13 - sturt, west, sturt, western (one sturt would be moved)

Reply #471372 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=1-4010-0-0-0&sID=44325&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=3750200

seedings released to whom? - obviously not everyone. How about 12-18 age groups. u14 G are a fav of some but not everyone.

Reply #472163 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:38 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754