MACDUB
Years ago

Cadee signs in NZ

Jason Cadee has signed to play in NZ for the Waitakere Rangers (West Auckland).

He must be replacing either Devendorf or Corletto.

Should be good for his development being able to lodge big minutes/get experience against some quality PGs.

Topic #34314 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

can perhaps develop that floating mid-range shot he loves...might finally connect on a couple

Reply #471527 | Report this post

The Rock  
Years ago

Good Lad , need more Australians having a go in NZ League

Reply #471544 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

the old spend a few weeks in NZ playing NZNBL to see if I could live there before I sign on with the Breakers trick possibly?

maybe wishful thinking.

NZ signing Cadee to play behind a quality import PG would be great. Henare would be able to help him learn to run an offence properly and he would allow Webster to play more SG. Cadee would get minutes and he would help push the tempo for the second unit with his pace.

Import/Cadee
Corletto/Webster
Abercrombie/TeRangi
Vukona/Cheaper Import
Pledger/Loe

Reply #471551 | Report this post

Obama Care  
Years ago

Would welcome him with open arms
Bloxham experiment was a shocker
Really hope Abercrombie gets another contract somewhere in europe . ANBL i feel IMHO that it is not challenging enough for him
He goes great playing for the Tall Blacks , but hot and cold for the Breakers

Reply #471561 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Not challenging enough for him?

I saw him get outplayed his opposite number every other game this season in the "A"NBL...

Reply #471565 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

by his*

Reply #471567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You obviously didn't watch him play Townsville, Mick.

Reply #471569 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

I saw Blanchfield carve him up a couple of times, and Abercrombie get the better of Blanchfield a couple of times.

"every other game"

Hardly the play of someone who isn't being challenged by the talent level in this league.

Reply #471574 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Abercrombie looked flustered against anyone who he couldn't simply rise up and shoot his miid range jump shot over.

Reply #471576 | Report this post

SEABL Watcher  
Years ago

What would he be paid in NZ?

Reply #471578 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

20,000 I'm guessing plus place to live and car.. Same as what a seabl import would get

Reply #471583 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Hardly bad money.

$20,000 for 8 weeks work. That's $10k a month.

Reply #471590 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

@ Mystro is that how you got Corletto?

Have you given up on Kasey Frank or is his PPS numbers too high for another contract?

@ Mick, totally agree with you mate as those early games to the season where Townsville beat Breakers twice, Blanchfield outplayed Thomas both times including basically being the match winner in one.

I'd take Blanchfield over Abercrombie any day of the week as Abercrombie would ask for more $ and Blanchfield has far more potential to be realised than Abercrombie.

Have we seen the best of Thomas already?

Reply #471593 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tom had easily his best season this year, definitely haven't seen his best. Was unstoppable at times.

Reply #471594 | Report this post

Obama Care  
Years ago

Hes a 3time champ in this ANBL
what more could he want?
trust me , internationally he does alot
Finals MVP done
3 rings done

Cadee is a great player if the breakers pick him up

and for the Rangers , he can only help up and coming bigs like Bailey & Bolstad by spreading the floor. lots of young guys in that squad

Shane Heal is having fun in NZ , has a winning core of players

Reply #471599 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Corletto was handed to NZ on a plate by Melbourne. All Lemanis had to do was offer him a fair package and then he spoke to Ronaldson & Bruton about how players get treated by the club and the rest is history.

Abercrombie is the better defender IMO and much better shooter than Blanchfield but as far as value for money Blanchfield is currently winning.

Reply #471607 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

Would prefer not to settle for Casey Frank if better players are available. Points cap if still in effect may stop that tho.

Reply #471608 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Points cap is definitely still going to be in play next season as there is talk already about Tom Jervis being rated a 7 (before appeal)

Reply #471658 | Report this post

Obama Care  
Years ago

But isnt jervis a rookie?

Reply #471685 | Report this post

Mystro  
Years ago

He was a rookie and as such was prob rated as a a 1 or something similar but wasn't signed to a long term contract so therefore get's re-rated like everyone else does.
A 6 or 7 is probably fair given how effective he was.

Reply #471688 | Report this post

Obama Care  
Years ago

effective? he was a beast considering ANBL experience and age which doesnt matter

glad perth won , reward a great player like jervis

didnt give a care about Ennis , he is another Mike Chappell , Carlos Powell

Reply #471697 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"On debut, JASON CADEE was the top scorer for the Rangers with 20 points, shooting 8/12 from the field, but the rest of the team struggled shooting a combined 13 of 41 for only 39 points."

Reply #471765 | Report this post

Obama Care  
Years ago

yup and they got whipped by 36

Reply #471767 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well he had 30 points today in a win against the Wellington Saints. Darryl Corletto didn't play. Wellington have Corey Webster and Lindsay Tait on the box score. A lot of NBL and ex NBL names on other box scores too.

Reply #471769 | Report this post

Steven  
Years ago

Wouldn't mind seeing Cadee get a gig with the Breakers.

Reply #471770 | Report this post

NBomb  
Years ago

Cadee's 20 point display was a real "Wait, he has HOW many??", but he was good value for 30 today, got to the line plenty - Massive massive upset, Rangers were 17.5 point dogs.

Corletto has been miserable thus far, shooting badly (can't even get to the rim at this level), and a big minus on defence - If the Breakers do re-sign him it'd have to be in a very small role, all he is at this stage of his career is a spot-up, off-screen three-point shooter, and a team defender who will hurt you defensively when matched up in isolation.

Reply #471776 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Cadee would be great for the Breakers.

Corletto is still injured maybe? Not fully recovered from that ankle injury.

As Vickerman said, the team needs more athleticism, agility and quickness from the shooting guard. That seemed like a shot at Corletto.

Reply #471777 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What would be the better league - NZNBL or SEABL? Playing standard wise.

Reply #471783 | Report this post

NBomb  
Years ago

Personally, I believe the NZNBL is better, opinions differ, I think Shane Heal came out recently and said the NZNBL is better.

I say that because the imports create better quality, and especially in World Cup years you see all the local Tall Blacks come and play, so you can have teams with a Tait and Webster back-court, and teams having guys like Brian Conklin, Corin Henry as well as ex-NBL imports like Braswell, Devendorf.

I'm no SEABL expert but the end-of-the-bench guys are probably better over there, while in NZ it's more top-heavy and you go 6/7 deep of legitimately decent players.

Just my opinion though, sure some others disagree.

Does anyone know if the SEABL has had many former or later-in-life NBA players play in the league? Could be an random, yet interesting comparision

Reply #471785 | Report this post

Ganymede 86  
Years ago

Agree with you N Bomb that's because Aussie has more depth in Basketball than NZ. You get more young kids in NZ at the end of the bench to than in SEABL. Be interesting to compare the stats of guys who played SEABL and NZNBL.

Reply #471788 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I have the NZ NBL as roughly a midpoint between SEABL and NBL, at the standard of a good European Div 2 league.

Reply #471795 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Good luck to him.

Hope he continues to get 30 ppg

Reply #471796 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'm no SEABL expert but the end-of-the-bench guys are probably better over there, while in NZ it's more top-heavy and you go 6/7 deep of legitimately decent players.
From the limited amount I've seen (couple of Harbour Heat games), it definitely drops away towards the end of a roster while starters on a half decent team can be solid.

Reply #471825 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

everyones assesments of NZNBL are fairly on the money imo.

Reply #471867 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Here's a write up

http://www.basketball.org.nz/news/rangers-stun-saints/

Reply #471963 | Report this post

Obama Care  
Years ago

id like to see the HAVOC defence employed in the ANBL

Reply #471964 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Would be great to see the champs of both comps play a one off game.

Reply #471972 | Report this post

Clive  
Years ago

NZBL v SEABL would be a good match up imo.

Reply #471979 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:30 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754